First time - reservation and waitlist help

LavishWig

Mouseketeer
I’m booking through DVC for the first time and I’m a bit confused as to what my next step should be.

Currently I have the below booked, and what I want to have booked is the 9-14 August.

Reservation 1: 9th - standard view studio at boardwalk villas
Waitlist: 10th - standard view studio at boardwalk villas
Reservation 2: 11th + 12th standard view studio at boardwalk villas

Should I cancel my first waitlist and put a waitlist in for the full period I want or should I keep my reservations and when the booking window becomes open for the last night put another waitlist in (I can see it’s the light blue waitlist color already)? And, should I book somewhere else that does have availability for the full time in the meantime and cancel that if my waitlists come through?

I think I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be, so any advice is appreciated :)

Book elsewhere for that one night, then waitlist just the middle night that you need. You will have an option to replace an existing reservation with the wait listed one, choose to do so with your backup. Keep the other nights. That way, worst case, you have to move for a night and are not left homeless.

I’m booking through DVC for the first time and I’m a bit confused as to what my next step should be.

Currently I have the below booked, and what I want to have booked is the 9-14 August.

Reservation 1: 9th - standard view studio at boardwalk villas
Waitlist: 10th - standard view studio at boardwalk villas
Reservation 2: 11th + 12th standard view studio at boardwalk villas

Should I cancel my first waitlist and put a waitlist in for the full period I want or should I keep my reservations and when the booking window becomes open for the last night put another waitlist in (I can see it’s the light blue waitlist color already)? And, should I book somewhere else that does have availability for the full time in the meantime and cancel that if my waitlists come through?

I think I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be, so any advice is appreciated :)
I’m a bit confused by your post - I assume the 10th was taken when you booked the 9th and that the 13th & 14th were taken when you booked the 11th & 12th?
Generally, the shorter the waitlist, the more likely it will fill. Most book a back up so if the wait list doesn’t fill they have some place to stay. You set the backup to to be automatically canceled if your waitlist fills.
Also, stalk the website, if your missing day appears grab it.

I'm currently stalking for two nights in a standard view in BWV for June and have a backup reservation at SSR so we will have a place to stay. I do have those two nights waitlisted separately to improve the odds that it will fill if it opens up.

Also, the light blue indicates that the night is available but the white-ish gray indicates the day is waitlist only.

Thanks for your help both! I'll book the nights that are only waitlist so that we aren't homeless and keep my fingers crossed for a waitlist spot to open up (as well as a bit of stalking!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter