First Time Resale Offer

Abby Hill

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband and I just put in our very first ever resale offer Wednesday afternoon (9/19). We haven’t heard anything back yet and when I call the resale company (DVC Magic Resales) it goes to their voicemail. Is it normal to take this long? I’m surprised how simple and seemingly unofficial putting in an offer was, and now I’m a little nervous we didn’t submit an official offer. Does anyone have first hand experience with DVC Magic Resales and mind offering their opinion?

Thanks!!

I bought my first contract about a year and a half after buying my house. After that, I was shocked how informal buying a DVC resale contract is too, but six resale contracts later, that's how it really is. Coincidentally I bought my first resale contract through DVC Magic Resales and posted about it here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-magic-resales.3623010/page-2#post-58866420

Of my six contracts DVC Magic Resales was definitely the most informal. It ended up working out though. If you can get a good deal on a contract they have, I would pursue it. Just know that they won't be holding your hand throughout the process.

As for the offer being put in on the 19th and not having heard back, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I put a very low ball offer in on a Thursday night and didn't hear back until Monday. There are threads on here where people talk about having offers accepted that they forgot they had put in. You never know what a seller has going on in their life. As big a deal as this is to us on the buyer end, for the seller it's just some paperwork and phone calls.

Last edited:
Thank you!! We just bought our first house a year ago so I was expecting something a little more formal. Is it normal for buyers to have multiple offers submitted on different contracts, fully intending on only moving forward with one? We have our eye on a couple if this one doesn’t pan out, but definitely aren’t able to purchase more than one of them.

Thank you!! We just bought our first house a year ago so I was expecting something a little more formal. Is it normal for buyers to have multiple offers submitted on different contracts, fully intending on only moving forward with one? We have our eye on a couple if this one doesn’t pan out, but definitely aren’t able to purchase more than one of them.

Under Florida law you have 10 days to withdraw from a timeshare contract after you sign it with no penalty. So in theory you could do this with no penalty as long as you have the one you want sorted within 10 days after you sign the first contract. There is a debate on here whether it's "right" or "moral" to sign a contract you may not follow through on. I don't really have an opinion on that either way. To me the law is the law, it's your right granted by the Florida Legislature, use it as you see fit.

I put in an offer with them last year and had a similar experience. After multiple calls over many days I finally got hold of someone working there.
These being less formal of offers, I was able to find a better contract with the Timeshare Store and was able to void my offer with Magic Resales before going any further, so I can't speak to how they are once a contract offer is accepted.

Had a similar experience with them in January. Took 5 days for them to call me back, by than I had an offer accepted on another contract from a different broker.

Like others have said, they're not very good with communicating. I will also caution you that they've made mistakes in their advertised listings as well. If they have your ideal contract (UY, price, size), go for it.

Is the same contract listed with Vacatia as don't they have a lot of the same contract listings and Vacatia was very responsive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!