First time requesting a room

jwblane

Mouseketeer
We have never requested a room before and are headed to CSR on the 12th of Oct, just my wife and myself. How does this work? Are you requesting a specific room number/floor/building?

We have a “preferred room-king” reserved. We saw that the remodeled rooms have either a tub/shower combo or a walk in shower. We were wanting to try and get the walk in shower. Is this something we should request specifically?

Also, we are wanting to be close to the first bus pick up location and a pool if at all possible.

I know we aren’t asking for much (insert laughter here) but we appreciate any advice you all may have.

Thanks I’m advance!

We have never requested a room before and are headed to CSR on the 12th of Oct, just my wife and myself. How does this work? Are you requesting a specific room number/floor/building?

We have a “preferred room-king” reserved. We saw that the remodeled rooms have either a tub/shower combo or a walk in shower. We were wanting to try and get the walk in shower. Is this something we should request specifically?

Also, we are wanting to be close to the first bus pick up location and a pool if at all possible.

I know we aren’t asking for much (insert laughter here) but we appreciate any advice you all may have.

Thanks I’m advance!

Based on your post, it sounds like you have three requests: 1) Walk-in Shower, 2) Close to first bus pick-up location, and 3) Close to a pool.

I would call WDW (or contact your TA) and ask them to note those requests in order of preference on your reservation. That way, the room assigner will know what, specifically, you are looking for in a room. I would not request a specific room number as a room assigner will have no idea why you wanted that room and, if that room is not available, will simply put you in another room that may not match your true request criteria.

Preferred buildings are #1, #2, and #3. #1 is closest to El Centro with all the dining venues, shop, and park bus stop #1 (LAST stop for the parks before heading out so the bus can be pretty full). Preferred building #3 is a little further to walk from El Centro but is closest to bus stop #2 (first park pick up stop right behind building #4) and the Casitas Quiet Pool located between buildings 4 and 5. Main Dig Site pool will be closed for rehab but that is further still from the preferred buildings.

Looks like your request should be walk in shower in building #3 and close to bus stop since that building is pretty large and spread out. The Disney phone CM's or your TA can call in these requests, never guaranteed though. Many stays for us at CSR and I know to ask now at the front desk where my room is and if not as convenient to what I want sometimes they can change the room and sometimes not.

This is a frequently discussed topic. What you are doing is stating a 'preference' with regard to room assignment. If you request something VERY specific, such as an individual room, you are less likely to get what you request as it narrows down the options. You may or may not get your preference regardless of what it is.

Requesting a specific room number is always risky since if looked at from the point of view of the room assigner, let's say that room is not available, what then--they have no idea why you chose that specific room--was it because it's on a high floor, or was it because it was in that specific building, or was it because it has a certain view, or was it because it is close to a bus stop or dining or registration, etc. etc. Then it becomes a guessing game for the assigner to try and guess and I'm sure they have better things to do given how busy I'm sure the job is in general. Better overall to note what attributes you would like in order of preference--if you want top floor (this is always my number one request), then that becomes #1 on the list, a specific building #2, close to pool #3, etc. And, always best to make any requests when you first make your reservation by phone. As pps have indicated, you've already limited your chose by paying for a Preferred Room--only Buildings 1, 2 and 3 to contend with. If it were up to me, I'd request Bldg 3.

If you are making your reservation on line like I sometimes do, then I would check out Touringplans. That site will actually fax a request for you 5 days prior to your checkin when the room assigning starts. On the site you request a certain room, but the fax they send lists a lot of similar rooms in case the exact one isn't available.

I'll actually be at CSR Oct 25th--I requested Bldg 4 in Casitas since the fitness center is there and it has some pretty good water views. We'll see. This will be my 21st trip to WDW. I've been very lucky in my years with rooms, but as mentioned here, it's the luck of the draw--assignments depend on a lot of things--especially when it comes to resorts with convention centers IMO. Have you checked to see if a convention is there when you visit?

Have a good trip. Hope you make it to the Food and Wine Festival--the reason I'm going--my favorite event at WDW!

This is a frequently discussed topic. What you are doing is stating a 'preference' with regard to room assignment. If you request something VERY specific, such as an individual room, you are less likely to get what you request as it narrows down the options. You may or may not get your preference regardless of what it is.

I keep trying to do this on my Disney experience and am having no luck! It just says “select” with no options. I know I’ve done it before. Any suggestions???

I keep trying to do this on my Disney experience and am having no luck! It just says “select” with no options. I know I’ve done it before. Any suggestions???

That section has been broken for quite a while now. Your best bet is still to call in any room requests. Just call the main reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Preferred buildings are #1, #2, and #3. #1 is closest to El Centro with all the dining venues, shop, and park bus stop #1 (LAST stop for the parks before heading out so the bus can be pretty full). Preferred building #3 is a little further to walk from El Centro but is closest to bus stop #2 (first park pick up stop right behind building #4) and the Casitas Quiet Pool located between buildings 4 and 5. Main Dig Site pool will be closed for rehab but that is further still from the preferred buildings.

Looks like your request should be walk in shower in building #3 and close to bus stop since that building is pretty large and spread out. The Disney phone CM's or your TA can call in these requests, never guaranteed though. Many stays for us at CSR and I know to ask now at the front desk where my room is and if not as convenient to what I want sometimes they can change the room and sometimes not.

To update my previous post..............the quiet pool for Casitas is between building #3 and building #4, typo for saying it's between #4 and #5. I was just there a few weeks ago and should really learn to read a map!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter