First time renting DVC Points VGF

TJ Bryant

Earning My Ears
Planned a last minute trip due to reduced cost points available for rent with a must use by July 30. Booked a July 27 stay on Thursday July 25. Have been looking to stay at a monorail resort and only availability was a two bedroom at VGF. So split it with a friend. The room was awesome with a lake view.

Some cool theming and a tv in the mirror.

And the best part was absolutely no wait in the security line boarding the monorail resort to magic kingdom. We also had good luck getting a boat back from MK. It was nice having MK as the first stop on the way out on the monorail and Grand Flordian as the first stop for the boat ride back.

We ate at Grand Floridian cafe. The food was very good. My wife and I both had the Sirloin and scallops. The steak was prepared well and the scallops were grilled nicely with Aspargus as the side.

The pool was relaxed and the slide is one of the best at a deluxe Disney resort in my opinion. Not much themeing to the slide like the clown at BWV but it’s fast and fun. Alice in Wonderland splash park was nice for my toddler but they were having plumbing issues so the spray parts weren’t working so it was just a splash pool with a playground. It did start working again right as we were leaving.

We also got to enjoy the Grand Orchestra. They played a nice mix of Disney tunes and more traditional pieces. My wife and I do some swing dancing as a hobby so we even got to dance a little when they played a fun song. Only a few funny looks from other guests in the lobby area while we were dancing lol. Most people smiled at us.

MK was fun as always and so much less stressful not having to walk in the Florida heat back to a car that’s been baking all day in the sun at the end of the day. Not to mention completely avoiding the ticket and transportation center and long security lines.

Attachments

• 9A496375-1537-438A-83A8-BDEDBADE0388.jpeg
    9A496375-1537-438A-83A8-BDEDBADE0388.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter