First time on RCCL on Harmony in concierge - what do we need to book early?

NewEngland47

Earning My Ears
We will be on the Harmony at the end of August - our first time on RCCL. We are doing eastern Caribbean and coco cay. We are concierge - Sky class I think? (The second tier - not star but in a crown loft suite.). We would like mostly just to wing it but Is there anything we must book ahead (like we do for cabanas on DCL?). Do we need to book reservations for shows? I had seen mentions of suite seating at the shows? Anything else a must to book early? Thanks in advance for any help!

I recommend looking at pattyw's Allure trip report as she did have a suite.

There is a cordoned off area for shows for suites but I believe they are FCFS. So I think it might be prudent to book those in the cruise calendar.

Not sure if there are cabanas blocked off for concierge booking. I guess someone else can answer that.

There is a cordoned off area for shows for suites but I believe they are FCFS. So I think it might be prudent to book those in the cruise calendar.

Not sure if there are cabanas blocked off for concierge booking. I guess someone else can answer that.

Thank you! I will definitely check out PattyW’s review!

We will be on the Harmony at the end of August - our first time on RCCL. We are doing eastern Caribbean and coco cay. We are concierge - Sky class I think? (The second tier - not star but in a crown loft suite.). We would like mostly just to wing it but Is there anything we must book ahead (like we do for cabanas on DCL?). Do we need to book reservations for shows? I had seen mentions of suite seating at the shows? Anything else a must to book early? Thanks in advance for any help!

We had a jr. suite so we didn't have access to all of the regular suite perks. We were allowed to dine for dinner at the Coastal Kitchen but not lunch. We also did not have access to the concierge lounge. You may have access to those.

We purchased the Key program which gave us preferred seating at shows. I heard them say it was for suite class as well- but not for our suite. Even though we didn't have to reserve shows per the Key benefits, I did just to be safe. They checked our reservation at the door and then sent us to where the reserved seating was. They will release the reserved seats a few minutes before the show starts, too. So, it's always prudent to make a reservation online in the cruise planner and show up early for the best seats.

Also, because we were upgraded only 3 days prior to sailing- with the Royal Up program, we didn't get any information on the suite perks pre-cruise. So, we may have missed out on some that we weren't aware of.

Crown Loft on Oasis last November and it was FABULOUS. Liked it better than Concierge 1 Bedroom on Dream. Not into show seating's or cabanas or typical other Sky Perks but did utilized the Lounge and Coastal Kitchen to the max!

Not sure if they hold some cabanas back for concierge or like they do on Disney. We sailed twice on DCL concierge but realized it wasn't for us. But I have an interior room booked for November on Harmony and can book a cabana now.

We were on the Allure in a Crown Loft Suite last month. Loved it. We're RCL regulars (Diamond) and don't feel the need to pre-book anything. The concierge will handle any show or dining reservations you ask for on board. We typically had breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, and many lunches there. Had dinner there two nights. Other nights we ate at the specialty restaurants, Giovanni's, Chops, and 150 Park. Again, the Concierge handled our reservations pretty much on the spur of the moment.

How was 150 Park? We looked at the menu and while it looked good, we decided to dine a second time at Giovanni's as we absolutely loved our meal and service there.
We enjoyed it. Actually went twice. We thought Giovanni's was very good as well, just not quite as good as 150 Park. Chops was a disappointment.

We enjoyed it. Actually went twice. We thought Giovanni's was very good as well, just not quite as good as 150 Park. Chops was a disappointment.

Great to know about 150 Park!! We liked Giovanni's better than Chops. We had wonderful meals at Chops, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter