First time in France - nervous!

jodyb

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited. I just booked flights to Paris - we'll be there a total of 7 nights. I"m not sure how many of them we should stay in Disney... I am embarrassed to admit I'm more excited about the parks than i am about Paris!! How low brow does that make me??? But anyway....I would love any and all advice about where to stay and whether we can stay at a Disney hotel the whole time and still get into Paris enough to say we've "done" Paris! I hope this doesn't make me sound hopeless... and oh, I must mention... we have to do this as CHEAPLY as possible. My travel agent is looking into packages at the Santa Fe... any comments?
I'm so excited, but also nervous! I know this post is all over the place.. I have so many issues and questions I didn't know where to start. I'll take a pause here! help! Oh, just one more thing. It's just me (40 something Mom) and my 12 year old daughter!

Hi Jody

You sound sooo excited - can I come along too? :teeth:

You will love the Santa Fe - we were there last week. I booked flights separatley as you have and called Disney direct to book the room , tel 08706 06 68 00 . You can booke either room & passes or just room and get passes separately.

It might even be worth asking Disney for prices for hotels that aren't Disney hotels ie the Kyriad & the My Tavel's Explorers Hotel. If you don't mind bussing in to the parks - these are cheaper. The busses drop you off just outside Disney Village.

Getting in and out of Paris will be easy - at Disney Village there is the train station that you can use - if I'm not mistaken I think it's a Metro station too. There is also the tourist info there. Once in Paris the metro is very easy to use - much like the London underground. Check out www.disneylandparis.com - you will find a map with locations of hotels & station.

It only takes 10 minutes to walk to the parks from the hotel.

Can't think of anything else! Let me know how you get on with hotels (I'm sooo nosey:earsgirl: )

Ang

Ang, if you are still reading... did they have self-service laundry facilities at the Santa Fe? Also, where was your room, and is any room location particularly good? I was really relieved to hear that you liked this hotel - the reviews on the net are not so great. Also, I did check out the two non-Disney hotels you mentioned, but their quotes were highter than the Santa Fe! (This was on the official website). I've asked a travel agent to look into rooms/tickets - perhaps she'll find a good deal. I live in Israel - sometimes our agents get hold of specials.
Thanks again for your response! I'll definitely keep you posted. My trip is in January - I may be back here with a million questions before then!
Best,
Jody

I am embarrassed to admit I'm more excited about the parks than i am about Paris!! How low brow does that make me???

Errrm... higher brow than me for one!

Having been to DLP five times now and still having never actually been in to Paris itself!

I do intend to go one day... honest! It's just that I love the park so much, I'm loathed to spend a day outside it. :D

Hi Jodi :) ! I love your excited post :) !

Yes, they do have a laundrette at the Santa Fe.

ive just got back last nite from DLP i stayed in the seqouia lodge and couldnt fault it one bit, the location was exellent and the trip a dream come true.
hope u enjoy urself as much as we did

Hi Jody

We didn't use the laundrette facilities but as Shirley says they do have them

We were in block 10 - it was one of the blocks furthest away from the 'main' area of the hotel. I think there were 3 rooms upstairs & 3 down. WE liked it here because it's noiser near the main/reception area. Also if you walk back from the park it's one of the closer blocks :)) great for when your legs are tired andyou can't walk another step.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter