First time in 4.5 years, handful of questions

Minnesota!

Shoeless in Minnesota
Hi there! We are staying at a value in August. Can you tell me, please - are cases of water still available in the gift shop or markets? We are only staying for 5 nights on the QSDP, so really don't want to order groceries for just that. But, being as it will be hot and I am cheap, I would like to avoid buying bottled water each time we are thirsty (and the fountain water sucks, from what I recall). And, anywhere in the markets to buy a pack of string cheese or a bigger size of almonds/nuts? Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi there! We are staying at a value in August. Can you tell me, please - are cases of water still available in the gift shop or markets? We are only staying for 5 nights on the QSDP, so really don't want to order groceries for just that. But, being as it will be hot and I am cheap, I would like to avoid buying bottled water each time we are thirsty (and the fountain water sucks, from what I recall). Thank you!
Can't answer question since we drive and bring our own but ...

- QS locations offer FREE ice water even if you are not dining. You can always bring your own water bottle and then fill it with the free water. Or just drink as you get and not have to carry anything around.

- Since you will have DP you'll get a resort mug. You could take to the parks and fill those with the FREE ice water from the QS.

I bring a reusable water bottle and keep it filled with ice and water from quick service locations. I usually end up buying (with an AP discount) a few of the larger size water bottle from the gift shops to top off in the room. We're big water drinkers and we drink up before bed and when we wake up.

I know for fact that The Polynesian does not sell cases of water anymore. YMMV

Any Disney resort selling bottled water is going to be WAY more expensive than bringing some sort of refillable water bottle from home. You can get free ice/water in the parks as mentioned above.

Even for a 5 night trip you could look into getting water/ snacks delivered via doordash or similar service.

It’s worth it for us to order a case of water and a couple of snacks for the parks. Definitely a whole lot less than getting cases at a Disney property. And I think it’s been fairly hit or miss if they have cases of water. I know they have distilled water but questionable about cases. As mentioned above, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter