First time DVC resale buyer question

DisneyKid11

Earning My Ears
Hi. I was hoping sombody has purchased a resale post Jan 2019 changes who could shed some light on simetging for me. I am currently in the beginning phase of purchasing a resale at Old Key West. The contract was just sent to me and there is a section that reads:

Members purchasing their ownership interest in any resort from any person or entity other than directly from dvc shall not be entitled to use the points from that ownership interest for reservations or stays through the Incidental Benefits known as the Adventure Collection, Concierge Collection, or Disney Collection.

I was under the impression that the 14 classic resorts were part of the Disney Collection. I know that as of Jan 2019, resales cannot use their points anywhere other than those 14, and cannot use them at any future Disney Collection ones either such as Riviera. What has me worried is this reads to me as if we can only use them at OKW and no other Disney Collection resort at all. My agent has gone for the weekend and I have just been emailed this contract.
Thank you for any help on understanding this.

Hi. I was hoping sombody has purchased a resale post Jan 2019 changes who could shed some light on simetging for me. I am currently in the beginning phase of purchasing a resale at Old Key West. The contract was just sent to me and there is a section that reads:

Members purchasing their ownership interest in any resort from any person or entity other than directly from dvc shall not be entitled to use the points from that ownership interest for reservations or stays through the Incidental Benefits known as the Adventure Collection, Concierge Collection, or Disney Collection.

I was under the impression that the 14 classic resorts were part of the Disney Collection. I know that as of Jan 2019, resales cannot use their points anywhere other than those 14, and cannot use them at any future Disney Collection ones either such as Riviera. What has me worried is this reads to me as if we can only use them at OKW and no other Disney Collection resort at all. My agent has gone for the weekend and I have just been emailed this contract.
Thank you for any help on understanding this.
Disney Collection is different. That is using your points to stay at the Cash resorts (or in Cash sides of a resort). Essentially it involves selling your points back to DVC, they then book and pay for your room. None of the DVC resort belong to the Disney Collection; thus booking isn't an incidental benefit and the terms to those bookings are detailed out in the Resort and Membership Agreements.

Disney Collection includes AoA Family Suites, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Beach/Yacht Club, CBR, CSR, etc..

I would also suggest you ask your question (or maybe a mod can move it) the DVC Forum, specifically the Purchasing DVC one.

Disney Collection is different. That is using your points to stay at the Cash resorts (or in Cash sides of a resort). Essentially it involves selling your points back to DVC, they then book and pay for your room. None of the DVC resort belong to the Disney Collection; thus booking isn't an incidental benefit and the terms to those bookings are detailed out in the Resort and Membership Agreements.

Disney Collection includes AoA Family Suites, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Beach/Yacht Club, CBR, CSR, etc..

I would also suggest you ask your question (or maybe a mod can move it) the DVC Forum, specifically the Purchasing DVC one.
Thank you so much. That eases my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter