First time cruiser questions

Leonardeliz

Earning My Ears
Hi,
A few questions for our first time cruise. We are doing a very merry 3 night Bahamian cruise in November.
Do you know if our 8 month old will need a passport?
Also does anyone know which night the pirate party will be? I want to make sure my husband and I have a night out but don’t want to miss the party!
Last, has anyone cruised with an 8 month old? How was it?

If you are US citizens leaving and returning to the same US port no passport is needed. if there are any issues, it can be a problem getting home if you get left behind or have a medical crisis if you do not have one, however.

It should list which night the pirate party night is when you're booking activities for the cruise. It'll have a little note on that day.

Also does anyone know which night the pirate party will be? I want to make sure my husband and I have a night out but don’t want to miss the party!
For 3-night cruises, Pirate Night is typically night 2. While they will have the Pirate Deck Party and Fireworks (subject to weather), the dinner menu in the main dining rooms will be the standard rotational menu (not Pirate Themed).

If it is a 3 night cruise, it is usually on night two unless the weather or other unforeseen circumstances occur. Our daughter is currently 2 and we have already done two cruises with her. The first time we sailed with her she was 10 months. We made sure to take all the essentials (bottles, formula, diapers, blankets) etc. Since she was smaller, she slept a lot of the time, but we had a blast. It can get a bit hectic at dinner depending on the eating habits. Ours was still not eating solids, so we had formula every where we went, but she slept most of the time including dinner.
I was scared of leaving her in the nursery, but the nursery staff are stellar and I feel comfortable and safe leaving her there. She enjoyed it very much.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask, glad to help. Enjoy your cruise :)

We cruised with a 9.5 month old and it was fine.

We were on a 7 night and left our baby in the nursery everyday of the trip.

We would drop the little one off right after dinner at 7:30PM. The nursery would put him down for sleep and we would pick him up later in the evening around 10PM.

Here's a link to a post I asked a few months ago asking about food in the nursery, main dining rooms and cabanas with updates from my trip.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/smallworld-nursery-provide-babyfood-for-lunch.3648808/

If you have additional questions please ask.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter