First time at OKW...

OKW is a very laid back vibe. It gives you a nice break from the craziness that is Disney. The rooms are nice a big. The pools aren’t usually crowded. Oliva’s is great and easy to get a reservation, however it does have a limited menu. Overall it’s my favorite resort. The ferry ride to DS is lovely. More than the other DVC resorts you really feel like it’s a home away from home.

In addition to the above points, we loved always finding a parking spot outside our door! Plus the resort is very easy to navigate. It's big but you always know exactly where you are unlike other resorts that can be quite confusing.

It's night/day from the parks. You probaby can walk around OKW with your arms outstretched for your entire visit, lol. Our first OKW visit was last month and we'll definitely be returning at some point.

If you drive, you’ll love having your car right outside your door.

if you use your balcony, you’ll love OKW! Having 4 chairs at a round table made it perfect for board games. We had 2 different rooms there last week, both had great views.

Last edited:
Olivia's - one of the more underrated restaurants on property.
The choice of the bustle of the main pool vs. quieter pools like Turtle Pond.
Boat rides to Disney Springs.
The very spacious rooms.
Community hall for the kids
It's not a tower hotel.

Personally, I happen to like the renovations. Almost 30 years after construction, the old room decor really felt more like 90's kitsch. It felt like the living room at my parents' house in the 90's if my parents would never have bought new furniture.

The size of the rooms at Old Key West is wonderful;
the calm, beautiful, lush and peaceful resort grounds are so nice after a busy and hectic park day;
the tropical, soothing building colors;
the awesome cast members;
the hidden gem, Olivia's Café;
the relaxing boat ride to DownTown Disney is fabulous;
the room views can be of water, fountains and/or the golf course;
the very nicely done recent renovations;
4 different swimming pools;
multiple playgrounds;
a very nice community center;
and the walking path to Saratoga Springs and DownTown Disney
all add up to why OKW is my home sweet home :love:

Perfect description. I'd just add the huge balconies. After spending time on them-eating at the table with your whole family, eating breakfast while watching the birds and/or golfers, you'll be spoiled. We'd bought elsewhere, but after one night at OKW, DH insisted that we do the buy/sell so we'd own at OKW and all our future dues would go to OUR resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter