First time at OKW...

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
Ok - I’m an AKL owner - staying at OKW for 5 nights in August. Get me excited!! What are the best things about OKW?

The size of the rooms at Old Key West is wonderful;
the calm, beautiful, lush and peaceful resort grounds are so nice after a busy and hectic park day;
the tropical, soothing building colors;
the awesome cast members;
the hidden gem, Olivia's Café;
the relaxing boat ride to DownTown Disney is fabulous;
the room views can be of water, fountains and/or the golf course;
the very nicely done recent renovations;
4 different swimming pools;
multiple playgrounds;
a very nice community center;
and the walking path to Saratoga Springs and DownTown Disney
all add up to why OKW is my home sweet home :love:

Jimmy Buffett on the bus music. Olivia’s for breakfast. The CMs are second only to AKVs.
Funny you should mention the music on the bus. We just returned from our first visit to OKW this week. About two days in I mentioned to my wife that they should be playing Jimmy Buffet on the bus instead of the music from their newer movies and tv shows. I never heard anything else.

Cast members were top notch though.

I haven't stayed there, but I have walked around while visiting Olivia's. The resort is beautiful, with a really relaxing feel, and I second the boat ride to Disney Springs as a definite perk. I think you'll love it!

The in-room laundry not only offers full size washer & dryer units ... but they are located in their own laundry room! Lots of space for folding!

If you are in a studio, it's much like any other studio, just a bit more space, with 2 real queen beds. Now a 1 BR or larger you have much more space, like a real apartment. The resort was the first DVC and IMHO the best one they made.

The renovation was kind of sterile (took out a lot of Key West theming), but they are clean. When you only have two people in an OKW one bedroom, you have plenty of room to sit around in the living room with the twin sized sleeper chair, the love seat and the sofa. The kitchen is bigger than most of the other ones. There is an ice maker in the freezer section of the refrigerator in the one bedroom or larger villas. You don't have to run around trying to find ice.

Yes, the refurb added USB ports.

Steve
Really, where. We were in a studio last week in bldg. 11 and I could find no USB charging ports. Good thing we brought out or wall chargers. The room did no not look that fresh either, cracks in the drywall near vents and peeling venier on the bathroom door. Not terrible mind you but not fresh as in recent refurb.

Really, where. We were in a studio last week in bldg. 11 and I could find no USB charging ports. Good thing we brought out or wall chargers. The room did no not look that fresh either, cracks in the drywall near vents and peeling venier on the bathroom door. Not terrible mind you but not fresh as in recent refurb.

We were in a 2br in October. The outlets around the desk, the dressers the island in the kitchen and the bar area all had USB plugs. We used them daily.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!