First Time At Legoland

Rigby

Mouseketeer
Hi! We’re in San Diego for the first time and just found out our hotel is minutes away from Legoland. We bought tickets for this upcoming Monday and I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips or pointers for visiting the place. Rides not to miss? Things to see? My kid just recently got obsessed with Lego’s so the timing is perfect! Thanks :yay:

Just curious how your stop at Legoland went? I'm hoping to go this summer and have never been so didn't want to hop in too early. Hopefully you're having a fun time

Just curious how your stop at Legoland went? I'm hoping to go this summer and have never been so didn't want to hop in too early. Hopefully you're having a fun time

it was pretty great! It’s definitely for the 10 and under crowd but my kid loved all of it and the adults had a blast. I highly recommend getting the front of line fast pass pay to play thing they got going on. We hit everything in six hours and were out. Never waited more than five minutes. Went top tier. It was worth it!

That's fantastic. My kid is 7, so hopefully she'll enjoy it. I'm not sure I can afford the top tier front of line pass as I want to stay at one of the Lego hotels as well, but was looking at maybe one of the options. Good to know it really works though! If we go, we'll be there the 4th of July, so it'll probably be crowded that day and would be nice to have an option for skipping lines.

So how does it work? Do you just go in the app, select a ride and it lets you know when it's time to arrive? Are you limited, like at Disney, to using it once per ride or any other limitations?

That's fantastic. My kid is 7, so hopefully she'll enjoy it. I'm not sure I can afford the top tier front of line pass as I want to stay at one of the Lego hotels as well, but was looking at maybe one of the options. Good to know it really works though! If we go, we'll be there the 4th of July, so it'll probably be crowded that day and would be nice to have an option for skipping lines.

So how does it work? Do you just go in the app, select a ride and it lets you know when it's time to arrive? Are you limited, like at Disney, to using it once per ride or any other limitations?

It’s pretty amazing. When you buy your tickets online it offers you the basic upgrade. I think that cut the times in half. You do it on the app on your phone. Select the ride you want and it tells you time to come back. If it’s a 30 minute wait with basic it’ll tell you to arrive in 15. You don’t have to go right away. It doesn’t expire. When you tap into that ride you can book a new one. The Lego Movie Ride was the only one you could only choose once. All of the others as many times as you want. We got the ultimate package which cut the times by 90%. The longest we waited was 7 minutes all day! A couple of times the big hitters queue would be full but we’d keep checking back and they always opened up within a few minutes. Not sure how that would play out on a super busy day like 7/4. We knew we were only coming once and for one day so we splurged. It wasn’t cheap but hit every ride in the park and were out in 6 hours. Wish Disney would do something similar. Hope you have a great time!

My favorite rides are:
Coast Cruise (similar to jungle cruise as far as a skipper making jokes)
Driving School (I've never done it of course, but it allows kids to drive on NO rails, much better than autopia)
Emmett's Flying Adventure Ride (similar to Soarin)
Fun Town Police and Fire Academy (need 4 people to really enjoy it, have to work together)
Lego City Deep Sea Adventure (interactive Nemo submarine, treasure hunt)
Ninjago the Ride (similar to webslingers)
Technic Coaster (similar to Goofy's Sky School, but not as painful)
Dragon (kiddie coaster/dark ride)
CoasterSaurus (even more of a kiddie coaster)

and MiniLand (Washington DC, LAs Vegas, New York, etc.), it's not a ride, but it's fun.

My least favorite rides:
Power Tower (exhausting)
Lost Kingdom ADventure (a poor man's Buzz Lightyear)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter