First time at GF

Sammie79

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We have reserved a 2 bedroom lake view villa for our trip in February. This is our first time staying at GF.

Should I make any special request about the room location? We stayed at BLT last year. Even though we had reserved a lake view room, we were on the 3rd floor and could barely see the lake secondary to the trees and the pool.

Is it faster to take the monorail or the boat to MK? Is the boat dock far from the villas?

We’re also planning a resort day during our trip. We have 3 kids (6,4,and 1). Is the tea time fun for the girls? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is it faster to take the monorail or the boat to MK? Is the boat dock far from the villas?
The MK boat dock is on the opposite side of the resort from the Villas.

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_vgf_vgf_map_2014.jpg

the MK boat goes GF > Poly > MK, so it’s not faster, just a pleasant ride when you have time on a nice day... then again, walking through the GF lobby on the way to the monorail was one of the regular highlights of my VGF stay.

But, because of that stop Route, it can be better taking a boat from MK to GF.

I would want the highest floor. You could put close to the elevators, but I myself would rather be at the end of one of the halls.

The boat is on the far end of things (to the north, closes to MK) so it is a bit of a hike, You might not be much further from the Poly boat stop.

Boat on the way back from MK since GF is the first stop would be a good time to take the nice ride.

The monorail can be a pain since it is the last stop before the MK, but Disney seems to be making sure at least one full monorail car stays empty for GF guests.

If I could pick my room when staying there it would be lake view in the southeast corner (facing the lake, and the top part of the T shape building closest to the poly.

Another thing to consider, will you have a stroller for your kids? You can roll it right onto the monorail, but will have to fold it up to get on the boat. When we had the stroller with us, it was just easier to take the monorail back to GF even though it was longer.

For your resort day: My kids at 5 and 3 loved the Mad Hatter splash pad! They also have activities at the beach pool and lawn games by the central pool. We haven’t done the tea yet but it’s on our to-do list. Oh and in the main lobby every afternoon (most afternoons?) your kids can join Cinderella and Prince Charming for a dance. It’s called the Princess Promenade and I think it’s at 3:30. I’d check that on the GF thread on the Resorts board, or ask when you check in.

Have fun!

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Princess Promenade May have ended mid-April.
There is still a Princess Tea. We saw the Princesses promenade around the lobby in late May. I asked one of the parents about it and they said they had been to the Tea. Apparently it is no longer a free thing, but is part of a paid event. It is still free to watch.

All the Lake View rooms have great views. Just decide if you want a lower floor or an upper floor. There is not a lot of foot traffic outside the LakeView rooms, so even the lower floors are fairly private.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Princess Promenade May have ended mid-April.
There is still a Princess Tea. We saw the Princesses promenade around the lobby in late May. I asked one of the parents about it and they said they had been to the Tea. Apparently it is no longer a free thing, but is part of a paid event. It is still free to watch.
Oh no, I didn't even realize that! We were there in March.

Thank you everyone for your help! I don’t know how we did our first Disney trip 2 years ago without this site. I guess we just didn’t know any better. You guys have been awesome!

Agree with everyone with regards to the transportation. If you are looking for the fastest routes, monorail to the park, boat back. Other things to consider. We liked the monorail back as we would typically get off at the Contemporary or Poly to have dinner on the way back from MK. Also my kids like riding the monorail.

I would highly recommend the Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare. My daughter has done it twice (4 and 6) and wants to do it again. They get some really good one on one time with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Link for more info is below.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-spa/wonderland-tea-party-at-1900-park-fare/

You'll love the 2BR unit! If you hit the monorail to MK at the wrong time it will be packed. That was my biggest complaint about staying there.

It's a nice short walk to the Poly, so take advantage of visiting!

The whole resort is small, so the walk to the boat isn't bad at all. We usually took the monorail to MK and the boat back from MK.

It’s worthwhile checking at the front desk what other activities are on for kids. There used to be a fantastic treasure hunt for kids. This is where the kids would go on a boat tour dressed as Mickey Pirates looking for treasure. Our kids loved it. Not sure if this still takes place.

Hi everyone!

We have reserved a 2 bedroom lake view villa for our trip in February. This is our first time staying at GF.

Should I make any special request about the room location? We stayed at BLT last year. Even though we had reserved a lake view room, we were on the 3rd floor and could barely see the lake secondary to the trees and the pool.

We’re also planning a resort day during our trip. We have 3 kids (6,4,and 1). Is the tea time fun for the girls? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Below is a link to the activities being promoted at GF...the Pirate cruise still takes place. 8-)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/recreation/

Monorail there boat back is the quickest option. Its a LOOOONNGGG monorail ride back. If its Disney rush hour the Monorail can be really full before it reaches the GF.
Interesting, I would've assumed the monorail would be faster back than there? Isn't the GF the first stop on the way back?
Edit: Nevermind, I guess it goes the other direction. I've only been on the non-resort line to TTC which went through GF first.

You can book at tea in the GF tearoom or do the Perfectly Princess Tea party. We also really like breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins , Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh or dinner with Cinderella and her step family. THe food atthe GF Cafe is also good!

I Have grown sons so I can’t help you with tea? But we stayed in a two bedroom last summer for the first time. It was a standard view and I didn’t request anything. We were on the 3rd floor over looking the entrances, what mad it fun was the Monorail went by. So, we thought it was a good location.F4317603-C1B8-4861-87C5-52835BC7E5F9.jpeg

We took monorail to Magic Kingdom, but some nights we took boat back to avoid crowds.

It is far from the Villas, so with young children it may be far for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter