First Time Annual Pass Purchase

... I'm sure this would prevent me from using any AP discounts, like for discounted MNSSHP advance tickets at the AP holder price...

Just to clarify: at DLR, the Halloween Party is Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP), not MNSSHP. People have reported seeing other guests turned away at the gates because they bought party tickets for WDW, not DLR, thinking they were the same thing.

... (not sure if there's that promo still going where you get 13 months after activation... so potentially November 2019)...

The 13 month promotion ended in November 2017.

Annual Pass vouchers purchased online are valid for redemption for 365 days from the date of purchase and once redeemed the Annual Pass will be valid for 365 days from date of redemption.

Disney stopped the fixed date expiration dates on Annual Pass vouchers back in 2016.

I purchased an Annual Pass voucher back on 1/20/2018 and it said I had until 1/20/2019 to make my first visit.

If this is still true even after the last price increase in February, then this would be great news for me. I wish that's what the phone CM had told me instead of "use by the end of this year."

If this is still true even after the last price increase in February, then this would be great news for me. I wish that's what the phone CM had told me instead of "use by the end of this year."

It's true. I got an email from Disney customer service today confirming one year from the date of purchase to activate it. I told them I was hard of hearing and to please contact me via email. I can forward you the email if you want. Just send me a message or send them an email and tell them you are hard of hearing and they will email you. Here is a copy paste of the email:

Hello XXXXX!

Thank you contacting the Disneyland Resort in Southern California!

You will have a year from the date that you make your annual passport purchase online to activate it or start using it. This should give you plenty of time to start your year of magical experiences.

We look forward to having you as one of our loyal annual passport holders.

Thank you again for your contacting Disney.

Have a Magical Day!

Xxx Xxxx

Disneyland Resort

Online Sales & Service

Last edited:
It's true. I got an email from Disney customer service today confirming one year from the date of purchase to activate it. I told them I was hard of hearing and to please contact me via email. I can forward you the email if you want. Just send me a message or send them an email and tell them you are hard of hearing and they will email you. Here is a copy paste of the email:

Hello XXXXX!

Thank you contacting the Disneyland Resort in Southern California!

You will have a year from the date that you make your annual passport purchase online to activate it or start using it. This should give you plenty of time to start your year of magical experiences.

We look forward to having you as one of our loyal annual passport holders.

Thank you again for your contacting Disney.

Have a Magical Day!

Xxx Xxxx

Disneyland Resort

Online Sales & Service

Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing.

One quick item to point out, if you link your AP or ticket prior to use to the app, it will show an expiration date. That date will extend by one day, each day in the app until you use it to enter a park. I entered my tickets 3 months early once and freaked out thinking it started the clock.

Sorry this question is a little off topic....do Disneyland passholders get any "gifts" as passholders. For example, WDW passholders get a magnet and a quarterly paper Mickey Monitor. Is there anything like that for Disneyland passholders?

Sorry this question is a little off topic....do Disneyland passholders get any "gifts" as passholders. For example, WDW passholders get a magnet and a quarterly paper Mickey Monitor. Is there anything like that for Disneyland passholders?
New pass holders typically get an AP magnet and then they do AP corners at different events throughout the year where they give out free buttons or other types of things.

One quick item to point out, if you link your AP or ticket prior to use to the app, it will show an expiration date. That date will extend by one day, each day in the app until you use it to enter a park. I entered my tickets 3 months early once and freaked out thinking it started the clock.
Holy cow! I'm glad checked back into this thread. I just bought my AP, and that's EXACTLY what happened. But the printed eTicket shows valid through Jan. 13, 2020.

Where do you plan on buying your AP and what kind?

I just bought it, and I purchased the Deluxe AP with MaxPass. My planned visits are October 2018, and there are no block out dates. The other visit will be August 2019, before/during/after the D23 Expo. I can't forecast what block out dates might be, but based on this year, they were on Sundays, which for me would be last day of the Expo, and I wouldn't mind a break.

I got to use MaxPass the first day it was available last year, which IIRC was July 14, 2017, a few days after Expo, and it was great. I'm a solo visitor, and I think I burned 10 FastPasses between rope drop at 8am and noon.

:rotfl2: In 20 years of having an AP the only gift I’ve gotten is a price increase!

I think the magnet was a limited time thing. I asked about it the year I saw them when I renewed and I was told it had ended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter