First time annual pass holder! Need insider tips!

MickeyCheese

Earning My Ears
I am a first time annual pass holder! I am going this weekend and I have no idea what I get to do with my AP! I see some people get special pins or screenings, etc? Anything you can share with me? Thank you!

I have the signature passport if that matters...thanks!

There’s an AP corner below the silly symphony swings in DCA right now for lunar new year. They have a small give away (it’s either a magnet or pin, haven’t gotten mine yet) and a picture opportunity. I recommend following the Disneyland AP twitter account. You also will get discounts on all quick service and table service food at a Disney owned and operated location. As well as merchandise discounts at Disney owned and operated locations. Both of these exclude ODV carts.

I try and do one new thing each time I go. New snacks, food, drinks, shows etc. I will also do a couple of my favorite rides and rides that I rarely or never do.

Follow Disneyland Today's twitter (I have it bookmarked on my phone). It let's you know when the parking lot is full. I check that before going if I do a midday or evening trip.

The more you go, the more you will learn crowd patterns and how to navigate the parks.

Check the AP section of the DLR website. It will let you know what's going on AP-wlse in the parks. Agree with the pp about bookmarking the Disneyland Today twitter -- very helpful. And keep updated on this forum -- lots of news and tips come here before they get posted on the Disney Parks Blog or the DLR website. Have a great year in the parks!

Here are the links to the two Twitter feed. The regular ones seems more active, but the AP specific feed sometimes posts information that is specifically related to APs.
Disneyland AP: https://twitter.com/DisneylandAP?lang=en
Disneyland Today: https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday?lang=en

The Disneyland.com AP webpage also has some information that isn't announced on Twitter.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/

Lastly, I would highly recommend downloading the official Disneyland app and loading your AP into the tickets section. That way you have it on your phone (you will need to bring the physical card with you to get the discounts) and have easy access when entering the parks and using Maxpass and Photopass (if eligible). The app is also useful for getting information and using mobile dining (if you have your AP linked, you should get your AP discount on food when ordering through the app).

Sorry, just thought of one more thing. I have purchased the pass and I have loaded it on my phone into the Disneyland app, do I go to the kiosks to get my card? Or do they give me a card the first time I go into the park? That wasn't clear to me...

Sorry, just thought of one more thing. I have purchased the pass and I have loaded it on my phone into the Disneyland app, do I go to the kiosks to get my card? Or do they give me a card the first time I go into the park? That wasn't clear to me...
You have to go to the ticket booths.

Can you go through the gates with your paper ticket or via phone first, and then later go to the ticket booth?

I would think you can go through the gate but not completely sure. They’re going to take your picture at the gate too

I think you can take your voucher/print out/phone straight to the gates, but you will have to stop by the ticket booths at some point later to get your actual AP card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter