First Time Access to DCL Manage Cruise

WhyclefJean

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing on the DCL Alaskan Cruise on May 28-June 4, 2018. Since it is our first DCL we get access to online check-in, special dining reservations, and a couple of excursions only offered by Disney. Do you have any recommendations on what we need to make sure and do once we get access to manage the bookings at 12:01am EST this week?

If you believe in the divine, then start praying that their system works, because chances are, it'll be bogged down and not working properly when you log on. Don't be surprised, it's not you, it's them. :P Try different browsers. I find being in incognito mode works better than regular browsing. If you find things are all booked, keep trying. It's been glitchy and isn't showing things properly.

Check out this post for your cruise meet info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-wonder-may-28-2018-alaska.3661386/

We are traveling with extended family that totals 13 cruise passengers and 4 cabins. They have all allowed me to link their reservations, so that I can make reservations for any onboard activities and online check-in times. We will be celebrating my mother's 60th birthday. One of her requests it to have reservations for all of the girls at Bippity Boppity Boutique. Is that something that can be reserved online or only on the cruise ship?

I know that reservations at Palo can be made online. How realistic will it be to find space for 6 adults since we are the last group to have access to booking onboard activities?

Lastly, what type of information will I need to have nearby when setting up the online check-in when it becomes available on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning?

here is what i put together in my Alaska cruise in 2016- (it's part of a huge 30 page booklet i compiled) - the information was taken from all the different discussion boards -

o Online check-in http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/

Really easy to do. Just have your reservation number and birthday and name. You will have to print out the forms and sign in a couple of places. YOU MUST BRING THESE PAPERS WITH YOU TO THE PORT.

o Book excursions

o PALO reservation:

o Select Port Arrival Time (PAT) Disney Cruise Line offers staggered arrival times to help prevent congestion in the port, so you will need to pick from a list of available times.

§ Past cruisers advise choosing arrival time as early as possible. The times slots range from 11:00 AM-3:30 PM. Earliest times are booked the quickest.

§ The latest assigned PAT is around 2:30 or 2:45.

o Spa treatments

o Children’s programmes (pre-register)

At port, after check-in (which will happen really smoothly since you’ve already completed your paperwork), you can go to Check-In desk for the children’s activities. You’ll be able to bypass everyone who is filling out paperwork, because you did it several weeks ago! Kids will be assigned a Mickey band to wear and you can ask questions about how the kids’ clubs work. Anyone who doesn’t get this done in the terminal will have to make their way to the club onboard and complete the process there.

• Traveler advice: “My suggestion is that you prioritize what you want to reserve, and when your time comes, add those activities in order. If you are worried that you will miss out at an opportunity for one of the more popular reservations, then I would prepare to burn the midnight oil and log in as soon as your booking window opens. I’ve been guilty of this in the past & it is not fun. However, it is a good feeling to get the reservations you have been planning over the last few months even if there is still ample availability a week later.”

• Disney will send booklet with luggage tags (?)

While you will receive a packet of documents prior to your cruise, you can also access online and print the Embarkation form, Payment Authorization form, Cruise Contract, Medical Information Form

For additional information or help with reviewing your reservation online or pre-booking shore excursions, Palo reservations, spa treatments or children's programs please email dcl.reservations@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com or your agent.

Notes/Advice for check-in with LINKED/MULTIPLE ROOMS:

· The online check in window and the excursion booking window both open at midnight eastern time on the day your window opens. Sometimes one or the other (for whatever reason) isn't available right away. There have been reports of up to a 4-6 hour difference.

· You can do either the check in or excursion booking first - whichever is more important to you to do first.

· The only thing check-in first gets you is an early boarding time. Harder gets like Palo brunch, spa etc.. are more important to do first. So do those first, then go back and check in. You don't even have to enter ALL the information right away, just get your boarding time.

· But you do have enter something in all blanks. The Port Arrival Time page will not "unlock" unless everything is filled out. Now, that information can be actual info, made up, or gibberish. The system only recognizes that SOMETHING was entered, not whether it makes sense.

· Then you can go back and correct any "errors" later.

o For example, it's quicker to say you're arriving by private car (don't have to enter all the flight info), or say you're using cash for your onboard account (instead of having to enter all the credit card info).

· I would do you port adventures/ dining stuff first. And then check in.

· Or if you have 2 reservations that are linked. 1 person can do the port adventures for both reservations and the other can do the check in for both rooms.

· For me it's more important to get the earliest available arrival time so I do the online check-in first. You can blow through it and go back later and correct mistakes or fill in any non-required fields you skipped.

· FYI, one trick for multiple cabins is to do the check-in "simultaneously" in different browsers. Has worked well for me for getting the same arrival times for both cabins.

· Type up another schedule that will be posted in each cabin which includes day/date, where you'll be (boarding, sea day, port), scheduled activity (shore excursion, adult restaurant, beach), reservation time/meeting place & evening dining room assignment (you will rotate through 3 different dining rooms each night-- you can leave this column blank & then pencil it in when you get your dining tickets). This way everyone in your party will know the specifics of each scheduled activity at a glance.

· Print info about ship and deck plans http://www.wdwinfo.com//disney-cruise-line/images/deckplan-DisneyWonder.pdf

We are traveling with extended family that totals 13 cruise passengers and 4 cabins. They have all allowed me to link their reservations, so that I can make reservations for any onboard activities and online check-in times. We will be celebrating my mother's 60th birthday. One of her requests it to have reservations for all of the girls at Bippity Boppity Boutique. Is that something that can be reserved online or only on the cruise ship?

I know that reservations at Palo can be made online. How realistic will it be to find space for 6 adults since we are the last group to have access to booking onboard activities?

Lastly, what type of information will I need to have nearby when setting up the online check-in when it becomes available on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning?

Happy birthday to your mom! :bday:
Is it the first DCL cruise for everyone in your party? All 13 passengers? If not, if someone is at least a silver, consider having them check you guys in. It should be available for silver on up now.
Yes, you can book BBB online when you check in.

If you find that Palo is all booked up when you check in online, don't fret. Keep checking (people do cancel) and if you still can't find any online before you sail, go up to Palo when you get onboard the ship and check for availability there. They do hold back some reservations for that.

You'll need everyone's passport number and expiration date. Or whatever travel documents they are using to enter the US and Canada. Anyone in your travel party that has sailed with DCL before, have their passport on file, and their passport has not expired, DCL will still have that info and you won't need to re-enter it. As CanuckOnABoat said, you can zip through the info to get your PAT, and go back to correct it later.

We were first time cruisers on our Disney Alaska Cruise. We figured we wouldn't get any of our first choices. We got everything. There were even Palo reservations available. We got every port adventure we wanted. On our cruise you couldn't pre-book Princess Meet and Greets, Character Breakfasts etc. You had to go stand in line once you boarded for those. If your flexible with times/days you should have no issue getting those tickets even being first time cruisers. And yes you can pre-book BBB (Bippity Boppity Boutique) appointments and even pick out which package you will be getting. When you go to log in and book at the 12:01am mark, you have to decide if you want to book Port Adventures or go through online check in to get an earlier PAT (Port arrival time). We did the Port Adventures first. We figured even if we got on the ship an hour later, it was worth it if we could get the Port Adventures we wanted. It ended up not mattering what PAT we picked because we couldn't pick one! We had a DCL transfer from the hotel to the ship and we got to walk right onto the ship. It was great. You can read the details of day 75 open booking for us here http://frequentlyaskeddisneyblog.com/disney-cruise-alaska-part-10/

We were first time cruisers on our Disney Alaska Cruise. We figured we wouldn't get any of our first choices. We got everything. There were even Palo reservations available. We got every port adventure we wanted. On our cruise you couldn't pre-book Princess Meet and Greets, Character Breakfasts etc. You had to go stand in line once you boarded for those. If your flexible with times/days you should have no issue getting those tickets even being first time cruisers. And yes you can pre-book BBB (Bippity Boppity Boutique) appointments and even pick out which package you will be getting. When you go to log in and book at the 12:01am mark, you have to decide if you want to book Port Adventures or go through online check in to get an earlier PAT (Port arrival time). We did the Port Adventures first. We figured even if we got on the ship an hour later, it was worth it if we could get the Port Adventures we wanted. It ended up not mattering what PAT we picked because we couldn't pick one! We had a DCL transfer from the hotel to the ship and we got to walk right onto the ship. It was great. You can read the details of day 75 open booking for us here http://frequentlyaskeddisneyblog.com/disney-cruise-alaska-part-10/
The one thing about this that has not been true from my experience is the ability to book princess meet & greets online in advance. That can actually be very hard/impossible to do for new cruisers. I'm silver and there was zero availability for it at all within the first hour of our activities window opening (and there is still zero availability).

The one thing about this that has not been true from my experience is the ability to book princess meet & greets online in advance. That can actually be very hard/impossible to do for new cruisers. I'm silver and there was zero availability for it at all within the first hour of our activities window opening (and there is still zero availability).

I guess it depends on how many people are sailing and how many of them are silver/gold/platinum vs. first time cruisers and how many kids are on board (not that adults can't book the meet and greets without kids!) I've seen meet and greets available even at 60 days out before.

Outside castaway cay cabanas, is there a list somewhere that shows what port adventures are likely to sell out on/before opening day?

Outside castaway cay cabanas, is there a list somewhere that shows what port adventures are likely to sell out on/before opening day?
Not that I've seen. Probably because it really depends on who is going on your cruise (families, couples, etc), how many people are on your cruise, (full boat, partially full, practically empty), what they are interested in doing (dog sledding in Alaska, Scuba diving in the Caribbean) and what Disney is making available at your specific port (that changes each cruise even those goings to the same port and you can't see the exact list unless your booked on the cruise and inside your Online Check in date window). Not to mention the factor of if your ship is full of people who prefer to book excursions outside of Disney.

Not that I've seen. Probably because it really depends on who is going on your cruise (families, couples, etc), how many people are on your cruise, (full boat, partially full, practically empty), what they are interested in doing (dog sledding in Alaska, Scuba diving in the Caribbean) and what Disney is making available at your specific port (that changes each cruise even those goings to the same port and you can't see the exact list unless your booked on the cruise and inside your Online Check in date window). Not to mention the factor of if your ship is full of people who prefer to book excursions outside of Disney.

The only one I think I've known to regularly sell out is the Sea Lions at Blue Lagoon because those slots are so limited.

Thanks.

So when the window opens, you just need to guess the highest priority port adventures and book them asap?

The only one I think I've known to regularly sell out is the Sea Lions at Blue Lagoon because those slots are so limited.
Thanks. I've been interested in that for quite awhile, it sounds like a lot of fun, but we're not going to Nassau this trip.

It's:
US Virgin Islands
Antigua
St. Kitts
Castaway Cay

Thanks.

So when the window opens, you just need to guess the highest priority port adventures and book them asap?

I wouldn't say "guess the highest priority". I'd have them in priority order for you - what do you want to do? - and book them that way. Alaska may be somewhat more limited with some of the helicopter or float plane ones just because there are only so many seats on there. So if those are priority, I'd go for those first.

I personally try to have a first choice and at least a second choice in mind when my window opens. Then I put the things I want to book (including Palo and meet and greets if applicable) in order and go from there.

Thanks. I've been interested in that for quite awhile, it sounds like a lot of fun, but we're not going to Nassau this trip.

It's:
US Virgin Islands
Antigua
St. Kitts
Castaway Cay

Sorry... Not sure where I got Alaska in my previous response. Quick scan. LOL.

I have no clue about those as I've never been lucky enough to have those ports - just meh St. Maarten and San Juan.

My advice from my last post stands. Put things in a priority order for you and go from there.

I wouldn't say "guess the highest priority". I'd have them in priority order for you - what do you want to do? - and book them that way. Alaska may be somewhat more limited with some of the helicopter or float plane ones just because there are only so many seats on there. So if those are priority, I'd go for those first.

I personally try to have a first choice and at least a second choice in mind when my window opens. Then I put the things I want to book (including Palo and meet and greets if applicable) in order and go from there.
How is it going back and forth from booking ship activities to port adventures? Or does it make sense to do all the port adventure first, then ship activities after (or vice versa)

How is it going back and forth from booking ship activities to port adventures? Or does it make sense to do all the port adventure first, then ship activities after (or vice versa)

It depends on what you want. It's pretty much the same screen, just different tabs - well, unless they've changed it again.

Last year on the Magic, I had my list and this is the order I did it...

Serenity Bay Cabana - Confirm

Palo brunch - Confirm

Palo dinner - Confirm

Online Check-In.

We were doing our own thing in Key West, but if we had been planning an excursion I would have done that here. Just because even if we had thought of one, we could have explored on our own.

The "confirm" after the things is crucial, because sadly, just putting it in the cart doesn't do it. You have to hit that confirm button.

The newish system has you booking your activities per day. So say Day 2 is a sea day, you click on the Onboard Fun button and choose things like character meet and greet tickets, BBB appointments. You could also click on the the Spa Button for Spa Appointments, or the Adult Dining for Palo/Remy reservations. Now say day 4 is a port day. You have all the same options as above to click on, and Port Adventures. What's available in each menu (Onboard fun, Port Adventures, Adult Dining, Spa) will vary depending on the day(whats offered on that specific day). You can't just search for say Palo Dinner and see what days have openings, you now have to click through each day. Unless there is a way I am just not finding. If it exists please clue me in, cause it's terribly annoying to click through each day to find availability for things onboard.

As for the Port Adventures, look through the things listed for your Port before your booking Window opens. It will give you a general idea of what options there are. More often then not, you will have the same or less options come booking day (some Port Adventures are not offered on some cruises etc). Pick what is most important to you and go to those days and pick the Port Adventure first. As for priority in order. It's whats most important to you. If getting an early PAT is the #1 thing on your list. Do online check in first. If swimming with dolphins is your #1, do Port Adventures first. If you know you have to get tickets to meet the Frozen gang, look through each days Onboard Fun first. Go for your #1s then #2s etc.

Is there a list of bookable on board fun items, like the list of port adventures, to get an idea of what my priorities would be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter