First Thank You Second First Timer Tips

sb4k

Mouseketeer
First of all thank you to everyone that posts their images. Thanks to you I have some very excited kids who love their new t-shirts and can't wait to wear them next week.

Second a few tips from a first timer. Only if a shirt is white, use the light transfer paper. I thought the grey and light blue were light. Nope. Second, if you are doing a lot of t-shirts - your laminate surface gets REALLY HOT and the next transfers don't take as long. If you iron them too long, they turn yellowish (which somewhat washes out).

When I get back, if I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll try to do pics.

THANK YOU!!

Glad it worked out for you - but why don't you post your tips in the sticky at the top of the page... I'm sure somebody would find it there.

Can't wait to see pictures!!

sb4k--So are you saying unless I use a white shirt, to use dark transfer paper?? Even on something like a baby blue?? I'm going to be attempting mine in the next few weeks.......

thanks

marshallandcartersmo said:
sb4k--So are you saying unless I use a white shirt, to use dark transfer paper?? Even on something like a baby blue?? I'm going to be attempting mine in the next few weeks.......

thanks
YES! ONLY use light for white. Trust us.

thanks
actually - the light transfers do work on pastel colors - here are some examples:

WDWOCT2005325.jpg

7b250eb7.jpg

Summer2005665.jpg

WDWOCT2005598.jpg

also - be careful if you are ironing on formica and it gets hot -

I may not be a good example as I ironed 60 shirts in one night - but if you do them all in one spot it will become TOO hot and start to confuse the design - it will not know which heat it is supposed to respond to - I found after about 6 shirts -it was best to rotate away from the heat - the best results I got were when the formica was warm but not hot

I have those big 12 by 12 tiles in my bathroom and I iron on those. The grout lines help me line everything and try to stay square. Note though to keep where you're ironing on one square. I wandered over to another square and ironed a big stupid line into my shirt. It does to wear on the knees too though, so I put a towel down. Also, being down on the tile lets me really put some *ahm* body weight on the iron during the press down phase. I hope that helps someone out. :teeth:

thanks so much for all the tips............newbie question though---we had planned to use an ironing board..........is this a bad idea??

thanks so much for all the tips............newbie question though---we had planned to use an ironing board..........is this a bad idea??
the pad on the ironing board is designed to absorb the heat this makes the transers not stick as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter