• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Solo Trip

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
:goodvibes I'm going on my first solo trip to WDW for the first time in Oct. :cloud9: I haven't even been to Disney since 1998, right after AK opened. Does anyone have any tips or secrets to making this the best vacation ever.

I'm looking foward to being able to do whatever I want and am planning on spending most of my time at Epcot's food and wine festival.

Epcot - 4 Days
AK - 1 Day
MGM - 2 Days
MK - 2 Days

The other day I'll spend at a water park, or maybe MK or MGM.

The rides aren't all that important to me, though I do love 3D shows, actually any show, and some of the rides like Tower of Terror, are on my must do list.

But I know I'll actually spend more time chasing after characters then riding the rides. :flower:

ooohhhh...that sounds great! I recently returned and spent a good portion of my time at Epcot...so much to see and do and taste and drink! Sometimes I would stay for illuminations (great!!) and then head for jellyrolls on the boardwalk...the dueling piano bar...lot's of fun...just sit at the bar...

To make the most of your time try to get to the parks at opening, making use of FP for the bigger attractions if necessary...get the rides "out of the way" and then you'll have plenty of time to take in all the sights...even time for a rest at the pool and then out to the parks again!

ALL of the 3-D's are great; esp. Mickey's Philharmagic...definitely worth seeing!

Read as much as you can on the boards and have an idea of what you'd like to do and see....the experts here have provided me with SO MUCH info that was SO helpful in maximizing my fun there!

Have a great time!

Solo is wonderful. I had a 10 day trip 2 years ago and it was the best vacation I've ever had. I usually hit Epcot and MK several times as there is a lot to do. I did one morning at AK and then the afternoon at TL and it wasn't enough time at the waterpark (4 hours) so next time I'll get to TL when they open and enjoy the day. Leave a night or two in just to wander around DTD (go shopping, eat and catch a movie - your entire day will go by so fast just taking your time to move around).

My first "solo" is 11 days from now! I'm nervous - but excited at the same time.. Whenever I start to think about feeling lonely because there's no one along for me to say to, "Hey look! Isn't that neat?", I remember my last trip there and waiting around while everyone took a good hour to decide where to eat; waiting while others went on rides I had no interest in; waiting while people went to shows I wasn't interested in; listening to bickering between spouses; listening to others complain they were hot, hungry and tired, and - well - you get the gist... :rotfl:

Once I get there, I bet I'll have a BALL alone!!!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter