First solo trip.

When I have done solo trip, like you, I've looked to stay at a Value or Mod. With POFQ, I love the theme. The site of the resort is also appealing because I don't feel like I have to walk far to my room at the end of the night while I am by myself. I've also stayed at POP in a Preferred room for the same reasons.

For me POFQ has the edge. I know Pop or LM room at AoA would be less but the theme at POFQ is what sells me on it. It is Disney World after all. AoA has some great themes too, but the Little Mermaid rooms are towards the back of the resort and a long walk from the main areas.

I'm doing my first solo trip in Sept and I too was torn at first. I ended up splurging a bit and booked AKL, but if i didn't book there it would have absolutely been POFQ. I really love the idea of just hopping on the boat at the end of the day and heading over to Disney Springs for drinks and dinner. Have fun!

Hey, I was the same, I wasn't sure where to stay as a solo, but I worked out that staying at the All Stars Movie resort (at the time of booking) was the cheapest, I am saving my money for Disney mech! But I can't wait for my first Solo trip too! (well half, my parents are coming along with me, but then they are leaving after a few days.)

I am also planning my very first solo trip! (haven't been to Disney at all in almost 10 years) I am considering September/October, as well, with F&W in mind. I am a little nervous, but mostly just really excited. :o

I am also planning my very first solo trip! (haven't been to Disney at all in almost 10 years) I am considering September/October, as well, with F&W in mind. I am a little nervous, but mostly just really excited. :o
I am booked for my first solo trip October 10-20. If you end up there at the same time and want to meet for dinner or a day, let me know!

I've done 4 solo stays at POFQ and love it. So pretty and charming, and it feels like a little neighborhood to me. Last trip I stayed at POP and was very happy. That was before the renovations, and I'd love to stay in a new room there.

I would choose a renovated room at POP over a Little Mermaid room at AOA. I do like to walk across the bridge from POP to AOA for the food court.

I booked POFQ for my trip in a few weeks, garden view for $186/night. I almost went back to Pop (love it there!), but I couldn't pass up the chance to try FQ for the first time. When are you going, OP? Maybe I'll see you!

My trip got moved to 2019. Going to the Flower and Garden Festival. Food and wine didn’t work out. I choose Pop preferred pool view. I’m excited.

I am planning one big trip in January with family and then getting an annual pass to hop down on weekends if I can, or some weekends out of the year. I've never done a solo trip before and a majority of those would be solo. I tend to do things on my own anyway, but I'm still a little nervous but excited, maybe I will see some of yall there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!