First solo trip.

Venym

Mouseketeer
Looking to book my first solo trip for September to attend F&W festival. Looking for a decent resort. I’m torn between AofA and POFQ. Trying to stay value or mod. I have never been alone so any tips will be great.

Unless you really like the theme, I think Pop Century is less expensive than AoA. They are located together. Pop is my go-to for solo trips as it is conveniently located and doesn't share buses. Port Orleans is also nice, though I have only stayed at Riverside. I am more the type to maximize my time in the parks and away from my resort, so it doesn't matter to me too much if I am at a value. I don't think you can really go wrong though.

Have fun!

Unless you really like the theme, I think Pop Century is less expensive than AoA. They are located together. Pop is my go-to for solo trips as it is conveniently located and doesn't share buses. Port Orleans is also nice, though I have only stayed at Riverside. I am more the type to maximize my time in the parks and away from my resort, so it doesn't matter to me too much if I am at a value. I don't think you can really go wrong though.

Have fun!

Thanks. I’ve only stayed at All Stars/Riverside & a couple deluxe resorts. I figured I’d try to stay somewhere new. I’m leaning toward value since I won’t spend a lot of time there unless I get a good price on a moderate.

Thanks. I’ve only stayed at All Stars/Riverside & a couple deluxe resorts. I figured I’d try to stay somewhere new. I’m leaning toward value since I won’t spend a lot of time there unless I get a good price on a moderate.

Well, Pop and AoA are located together. AoA is mostly suites, but I think the Little Mermaid rooms are standard. It is pricier than Pop, but if the themed room appeals to you it may be worth it (they are super cute). The nice thing about Pop and AoA is that you can take whichever bus comes first (or has the shortest line at park close - usually AoA) then walk across the bridge between properties. To me, the convenience of Pop/AoA can't be beat!

Looking to book my first solo trip for September to attend F&W festival. Looking for a decent resort. I’m torn between AofA and POFQ. Trying to stay value or mod. I have never been alone so any tips will be great.

I'd recommend POFQ. The one time I booked the value resorts solo (of the over 15 times I've gone solo) it felt like such a step down to me. I LOVE the moderates so much more.

I go solo to F&W every year, I love it. As far as resort, I wouldn't stay at AoA, for the money you can stay at a moderate or possibly even Swan/Dolphin. I'd try Pop if you are wanting to go value and just want something new. I do split stays with a night or two in a value or moderate then switch over to Dolphin for F&W. It's great to be able to walk to Epcot. As far as going solo and things to enjoy - I usually book at least one of the food and wine pairing lunches, they are great for solo people since everyone sits at a big table so you get to meet new people. I also enjoy the little seminars in the festival center, the prices for those keep going up and up so the last two years I just book those the morning of so I can decide if I really want to do them. I try to get something from every booth, this is hard to do solo because it's a lot of food. Other than the pairing lunches and breakfast, most of the time most of my meals come from the booths.

I was thinking one day at Epcot and then another at either MK or AKL. On the fence I also thought about two days at Epcot. Hmmm. I’m only doing s two day ticket because I want to explore more bars and stuff outside of parks

I've done AoA, POFQ and Pop and loved them all. You can't go wrong with any of them. If you just want a room go with the cheapest, if you want more luxury go with POFQ. I've never done a solo trip but I'm sure it would be fun since I always talk to random strangers at disney anyway.

I was thinking one day at Epcot and then another at either MK or AKL. On the fence I also thought about two days at Epcot. Hmmm. I’m only doing s two day ticket because I want to explore more bars and stuff outside of parks

Do bear in mind that POFQ may have a couple special menu items for F&W. Some of the moderates and deluxes do add additional items to their normal menus in the restaurants for F&W, so that could be a nice way to start off F&W the night you arrive. Just a thought though. During that time of the year, you shouldn't have any problem getting a good deal, since Disney does run a few specials for the earlier part of the festival.

We'll be going in September as well! We've booked our stay at Pop Century but we've stayed at AoA and it is phenomenal! If you've never been to F&W, you're in for a treat. Its such a neat experience with lots of things to try and do. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

I love Port Orleans, and I've stayed there every year for my last 5 solo trips at least, but for this October I got Caribbean Beach for $45 less than POR (which was cheaper than POFQ) per night durning my stay and for six nights that was just too good of a deal to pass up.

It depends on how much you want to spend. I had good luck at All-Star Sports in January and I'm going to All-Star Movies in November (I'm hoping for a renovated room). I like the cheap room, Deluxe Dining Plan combo.

I'm only at the resort for sleep, so value resorts are fine for me. I think one problem with AoA as a solo is that the Little Mermaid Rooms are pretty far away from the buses. The rooms are more expensive than other similar rooms so I'd only go there if you're totally obsessed with The Little Mermaid.

If you're going to be at the resort a lot, then I'd go for the nicer room. If you're going to be in the parks or Disney Springs the entire time, I'd save money on the room.

I’m thinking of a value resort. I am on the fence on if I should book AKL though. Ugh
We're a value resort family all the way lol. We only ever use our room for sleeping and changing, so we don't care to spend the money on anything too fancy.

However, since it's just you on this trip, you could always great yourself! If you can swing it, I'm team Treat Yourself :-)

Have fun!
I agree with this. AoA does have standard rooms, so the price at AoA wont be that much more expensive. I just took a quick peek and its $157 per night at AoA vs $130 per night at Pop. I honestly recommend pop. Their rooms were recently refurbed, so they're shiny and new. Plus its right next to AoA so you can easily walk over the bridge and visit anytime you want. Even try their yummy food court or shop. I love pop for my solo trips! Its the best.

Im only there to sleep and shower so i always stay at at a value resort as well. My vote is for Pop. If you have your heart set on AoA, then i vote for AoA. (i assume you'd stay in Little Mermaid section and not the suites, yes?).

BTW solo trips are truly THE BEST! ::yes::

Staying in an Epcot area resort is fantastic when you are visiting Epcot. You can watch Illuminations and the walk back to your room in 10 minutes. If that's appealing, you might look into renting points for a Boardwalk studio.

Since it's just you, I'd go with Pop. I know that's not one you asked about. I'd save the money on the room and use it to eat my way around the world ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!