First solo trip!

xxsmileykyliexx

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I have just booked my trip for 1st Nov-11th Nov. I've been many times before but this is my first solo trip I'm a little nervous as I'm from the UK so it's a long way from home! Any advice for solo travellers? Would be great to chat and maybe meet new friends if anyone would like to! Eeeak 152 days ❤️

Hi @xxsmileykyliexx, you will need to post at least ten posts on these boards before you can send or receive private messages. Anyway, would you like to join me for any of the following:

Nov. 5 Karaoke at the Dolphin (late evening)
Nov. 7 Jellyrolls (late evening)
Nov. 8 lunch at Tiffin's; Yehaa Bob show in evening

?

Hello all! I have just booked my trip for 1st Nov-11th Nov. I've been many times before but this is my first solo trip I'm a little nervous as I'm from the UK so it's a long way from home! Any advice for solo travellers? Would be great to chat and maybe meet new friends if anyone would like to! Eeeak 152 days ❤️

I won't be down there at that time, but there is no reason to be nervous. People at the parks are welcoming of solo travelers, and that extends beyond just Disney(I also had good luck going to SeaWorld alone). One big thing you should do is get the Memory Maker package. It will save you from having to track down another guests to take photos of you, and you get to download the boards. Other than that, try to meet up with other DISers for meals(easier to get ADRs for 2 or more) and for the rides where you need multiple people in your party(only a handful). You will be down there during MNSSHP(last day is Nov. 1st), the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and I think the first days of MVMCP. Universal also has it's final Halloween Horror Nights event around your dates. Consider whether any of these events are important to you. I would also mention if you opt to visit a water park, get a double walled water proof smartphone pouch for your essentials. It would also be a good option even if you don't, since it is a nice option to tuck away debit cards and your cell phone while going on rides. Definitely take advantage of Evening EMH, especially at Epcot and MK during this time, if you are staying on site. The extra events going on necessitate flexible planning. Also, I know MK has a new fireworks show and Pandora(in AK) is very busy at the moment, though, it may be less so by November. Both rides had a wait in excess of 200 minutes this past weekend(a friend of mine who is a Cast Member posted photos on Facebook of the wait times), around 10AM. I am sure that will come down eventually, but you should still expect a good 60 minute wait since those will be the two rides in AK everyone wants to do for the next year. New ride smell....gotta love it...lol. That's about all I can think of, but if I can be of any further help, once you can send messages, just let me know.

Also any cast member who isn't too busy at the moment, can take your picture with your camera if you ask.

Also any cast member who isn't too busy at the moment, can take your picture with your camera if you ask.

True. I just mentioned the Memory Maker due to ride photos and the fact it makes things easier when solo. I like to take trip photos and order objects with them on it. Have a checkbook cover with a photo of me at an overlook of the Caribbean from when I was in Colombia a few years back. The downloads can be valuable if you get a lot of good photos.

I might be there around that time, still haven't planned that trip yet, I'm waiting for after the one I have in a week. But since my annual pass end mid november I want to try to go back at least once so maybe around your dates. I'll let you know as soon as I plan it

I had my first solo trip the first week of May...the trip report is in my signature if you'd like to read along.

It wasn't as scary or lonely as I was afraid it would be - it was fun!!

My best advice is...don't be afraid to eat alone! Make a couple of dining reservations, because quick service all week is no fun!! My Boma breakfast and Tiffins dinners were great and weren't as awkward as I thought they might be :-)

Have fun planning and have an amazing trip!!

I've been traveling solo since I was 18 and have never felt uncomfortable. Most people won't know you're solo unless you say something. I recommend checking out bars & lounges. Another great place to find adults to talk is around World Showcase in Epcot. Since you're going during Food & Wine, you'll find tons of people there just for the festival or are regulars. Remember on a solo trip: it's your trip. Do what you want to do. I always try to find somewhere new to eat, a show I haven't watched, etc, but I don't do things I simply don't like.

Hi @xxsmileykyliexx, you will need to post at least ten posts on these boards before you can send or receive private messages. Anyway, would you like to join me for any of the following:

Nov. 5 Karaoke at the Dolphin (late evening)
Nov. 7 Jellyrolls (late evening)
Nov. 8 lunch at Tiffin's; Yehaa Bob show in evening

?
Hey! Thank you for your reply, I may possibly be free for lunch at tiffins, I will let you know once I know :) hopefully I can send PM's soon!

I won't be down there at that time, but there is no reason to be nervous. People at the parks are welcoming of solo travelers, and that extends beyond just Disney(I also had good luck going to SeaWorld alone). One big thing you should do is get the Memory Maker package. It will save you from having to track down another guests to take photos of you, and you get to download the boards. Other than that, try to meet up with other DISers for meals(easier to get ADRs for 2 or more) and for the rides where you need multiple people in your party(only a handful). You will be down there during MNSSHP(last day is Nov. 1st), the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and I think the first days of MVMCP. Universal also has it's final Halloween Horror Nights event around your dates. Consider whether any of these events are important to you. I would also mention if you opt to visit a water park, get a double walled water proof smartphone pouch for your essentials. It would also be a good option even if you don't, since it is a nice option to tuck away debit cards and your cell phone while going on rides. Definitely take advantage of Evening EMH, especially at Epcot and MK during this time, if you are staying on site. The extra events going on necessitate flexible planning. Also, I know MK has a new fireworks show and Pandora(in AK) is very busy at the moment, though, it may be less so by November. Both rides had a wait in excess of 200 minutes this past weekend(a friend of mine who is a Cast Member posted photos on Facebook of the wait times), around 10AM. I am sure that will come down eventually, but you should still expect a good 60 minute wait since those will be the two rides in AK everyone wants to do for the next year. New ride smell....gotta love it...lol. That's about all I can think of, but if I can be of any further help, once you can send messages, just let me know.
Wow thank you for that useful information! Luckily I have memory maker included with my ticket :)

I might be there around that time, still haven't planned that trip yet, I'm waiting for after the one I have in a week. But since my annual pass end mid november I want to try to go back at least once so maybe around your dates. I'll let you know as soon as I plan it

Oh that would be great! Enjoy your trip next week :D

I had my first solo trip the first week of May...the trip report is in my signature if you'd like to read along.

It wasn't as scary or lonely as I was afraid it would be - it was fun!!

My best advice is...don't be afraid to eat alone! Make a couple of dining reservations, because quick service all week is no fun!! My Boma breakfast and Tiffins dinners were great and weren't as awkward as I thought they might be :-)

Have fun planning and have an amazing trip!!
Thank you for the advice and reassurance! I'm on the QS dining plan but may book 1 or 2 TS meals also. I will make sure to take a look at your trippie!

I've been traveling solo since I was 18 and have never felt uncomfortable. Most people won't know you're solo unless you say something. I recommend checking out bars & lounges. Another great place to find adults to talk is around World Showcase in Epcot. Since you're going during Food & Wine, you'll find tons of people there just for the festival or are regulars. Remember on a solo trip: it's your trip. Do what you want to do. I always try to find somewhere new to eat, a show I haven't watched, etc, but I don't do things I simply don't like.
Thanks for the reply! I'm so looking forward to f&w this year and doing it at my own pace. I'm a chatterbox so I'm sure I'll chat to and meet some lovely people!

I did a solo trip a few ye of the best vacations, ever! I loved doing what I wanted, when I wanted. I found that people were super friendly(after all, they are in the happiest place on earth)and met lots of great people that I probably wouldn't have if I was with others. Do what you want. Enjoy YOUR trip!

@xxsmileykyliexx Very exciting! I'm also looking to at travelling to WDW from the UK in early November but for a 7-night trip. Can I ask where you booked your trip through and if you are staying on site? I'm thinking of staying in value resort as I'd like the convenience of the Magical Express and the transport to the parks. Currently, I'm looking at Tuesday 7th - Tue 14th but I'm concerned about Veterans Day. I've been on 5 7-night holidays solo before so not worried about enjoying my own company.

Yes, actually I've found CMs to be extra nice to solos. They're sometimes super-chatty if you just say "Tell me about your job."

@xxsmileykyliexx Very exciting! I'm also looking to at travelling to WDW from the UK in early November but for a 7-night trip. Can I ask where you booked your trip through and if you are staying on site? I'm thinking of staying in value resort as I'd like the convenience of the Magical Express and the transport to the parks. Currently, I'm looking at Tuesday 7th - Tue 14th but I'm concerned about Veterans Day. I've been on 5 7-night holidays solo before so not worried about enjoying my own company.
Hey! Ooo that sounds gd I always find beginning of November is a good time to go. I booked my trip directly through Disney and my flights done separately. I'm staying at POP so cheap and cheerful, and the rooms are being refurbished currently so hopefully I get lucky with a new one! The value resorts are not bad! Ive stayed at all star movies and AOA before and the buses were great but sometimes took ages! I booked Pop Century as the buses go direct without stopping at other resorts :) I've been in Disney a few times on Veterans Day and it has been packed! My last day is 11th so I'll be braving MK before heading back to the airport :( you'll be able to catch Mickeys xmas party too :D

waves hi, Im a solo traveller from Ireland, Im off to Disneyland California for my 5th solo visit at the end of June. I have also been to Disneyland Paris solo.

I just love my alone time in the parks. My real life is very busy and stressful, so my solo park visits are my way of escaping reality and recharging my batteries. I have been to the parks with friends and its a very different experience. I just the total freedom of solo visits, of not having to worry about pleasing others and just being able to what I want when I want :)

Welcome, Kylie! My dates are almost the same as yours, I leave the 10th. My family is joining me for about 3 1/2 days for a long weekend, but I'll be solo for the rest of my trip. I'm meeting up with DaisyDuck and some others a few times, so I hope you can join in! Otherwise, feel free to message me with any questions/concerns (I've done many solo trips) and maybe we can meet up!

~Joanna~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!