First solo trip, what would you do?

I am having a solo day at the end of a trip with my husband because he’s flying out for a work thing & I’m flying home. I just plan on doing all the things he’d rather not do- magic kingdom, long lines for characters, anything we hadn’t gotten a chance to do on the days together.

Do what YOU want, whether it’s rides or shows or shopping or eating or nothing but lounging by the pool. There’s no wrong way to do Disney, especially on a solo trip.

"I" would get up early and do rope drop, and stay till closing. I'd wear my Disney gear proudly. I would like to do a split stay or maybe even 3 different resorts to try hard to reserve ones out. I'd see parades, shows and fireworks. I'd do QS and a few TS at places that are an experiences not just decent food. I would take boats and trains and monorail rides to different resorts, for breaks during the middle of the day. If I was staying more than 3-4 days, I'd do some night life at Disney Springs or Boardwalk. Would probably skip the waterparks but maybe relax at pool during the day. If I felt like it the hot tub at WDW resort after the parks closed or when my day ended. I would stop for meet-and-greets or favorite attractions/rides no matter how long the wait! I would also take a ton of photos everywhere from different angles during the day and at night! My plans would be made in detail as soon as possible, 7-11 months resorts, 180 day dining and 60 days FPs. But, all rules and plans are made to be broken. I have been thinking of a Solo trip for a while, next year for sure!

This is what I plan on doing day 1 when you arrive you normally be exhausted from the flight so Walmart for food for the room maybe a dip in the pool if it isn’t closed dinner then sleep up early next morning for Disney. Day 2 universal studios for the day come back to room about 8. Day 3 wander around gift shops for some souvenirs day 4 relax by the pool etc and maybe a trip to sea world. Parks are not everybody’s cup of tea but I’d gladly spend every day in them

my first solo is May 18 and 19 for in parks I am doing half days at each park and doing crystal palace because its pretty and no one i go with wants to go
That's the best part of a solo trip. You do the things the rest of your usual crew doesn't care for. I've done 2 solo trips, I book a few table service restaurants, but not for every night. I head back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon if I feel like it, so much easier with one person. Chef's is one of my favourites, both trips they have seated me by the window. Servers were charming and friendly but not obtrusive. Last trip I tried California Grill, exemplary and attentive service, fantastic food, and I only had one person's meal to pay for! I'm not sure I'd have done it if I was with a family of four. I'll definitely go there on my next solo trip though. Personally, I don't rope drop, I love having coffee on my balcony to start the day and usually drift out to go to the parks around 9 - 10.

Plan some things, but leave yourself time to go with the flow.

EP and AK only with that short time.

Breakfast at BOMA and then AK for rest of day. Too stuffed from BOMA to worry about where to eat rest of day.

Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and then Soarin as many times as possible before World Showcase opens. Tasting all the tidbits at specialty kiosks during festivals...and shopping at the Japan pavilion. Just love walking through all the pavilions, but Japan and Mexico my favorites.

I love getting a PH - some days I'm just up for more fun. I'd also recommend getting Memory Maker so a Disney Photographer can document the trip for you without having to ask too many strangers to take photos for you. ( I found tons of people who offered but MM just makes it all easier ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!