First Solo Trip! 3/31/19-4/3/19

CutCrease

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm a longtime lurker here, and I think have only posted once. BUT I had such a great time on my first solo trip ever that I feel I have to share. I did so much planning and research that it would be a waste to keep it all to myself, even if I'm still a little tired from all the walking and traveling.

Background

I'm a 30 year old single lady who has been to Disney World 6 times prior to this trip. I obviously love all things Disney. During one of my college summers I accomplished my goal of watching all of the Disney animated films, and have continued, so that I've seen all the current Disney animated films as well. I have all 57 films subjectively ranked with Fantasia as my #1. It was always my favorite as a child, and remains so today.

Pre-Planning

As I have a much longer international trip planned for later this year, I wanted a smaller trip before to tide me over, and let the wait for that other trip feel shorter. I hate traveling when there is risk of snow so I started to look for dates in March or April that fit around spring breaks. I did not want to travel when there would be a huge influx of people in the parks, even though it seem as though Disney is busy at all times of the year. I also wanted to spend less than $1000 on my trip, total.

After looking at hotel and flight prices I booked my vacation on January 26th. I did a full package on Disney's site, including hotel at All Star Music, flights from EWR (Newark), and 3 day park tickets. I did not purchase the DDP, as it felt silly with one person, and I'm not a big eater. Unfortunately Disney did not provide an itemized list of how much everything cost, but total with hotel, flights, and tickets was $834.89. I got a pretty good room rate with the Gift of Magic Room Offer, and tickets were under the old pricing, before they raised those prices. I probably could have gotten cheaper flights, but I figured as I was traveling alone it was easier to do it all through Disney.

Since I was only going to the parks 3 days, and I did not want to buy Park Hoppers, I had to pick which parks for which days. I had a very early flight booked for Sunday (3/31) morning, so I picked Animal Kingdom for that day, as even with Avatar land, it still is a half day park. Though 4/2 had EMH at Epcot, I picked Epcot for Monday (4/1), to try to help with the crowds. That meant that Tuesday (4/2) was my Magic Kingdom day. No Hollywood Studios for this trip, I'll wait to go there after Galaxy's Edge opens.

---

I will be updating this thread (hopefully) soon with each day of my trip. I'm almost excited to write it all up as I was to go on my trip!

I'm looking forward to your TR as I will be soloing for 2 days this fall and I'm debating on the best parks to do alone.

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

Following along! I just came back from my fourth solo trip three weeks ago. I love solo time in the parks!

I did a WDW solo trip some years ago and had a wonderful time. I look forward to reading more about your trip. :)

Joining in on the party. I did a Solo trip many years ago and it was a blast. Can't wait to read more about yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter