• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First solo trip. 12/16-12/20

jwill

Hockey playing Fly Boy
I returned from my first solo trip on 12/20, had a great time. If anyone is still undecided as to trying a solo trip, definitely give it a try. Going into this trip I wasn't sure how I would enjoy it, I'm pretty indepenent but a little on the quiet side untill I really get to know people. I wasn't the least bit uncomftorable myself in the parks. One benefit of going solo was that I was able to spend the better part of a day just riding Rock 'n' rollercoaster ( first time I gathered up enough nerve to ride it, after that I couldn't get enough of it).

While I was there I tent camped at F.W., flying down with my gear. It was an experience in itself, I had a good time but I missed staying in a hotel. The other benefit would be a lot less luggage( I looked like a refuge dragging my luggage through the airport).

During my trip I only did one sit down meal, it was breakfast at the Trail's end Buffet. I did feel slightly uncomftorable during that meal, having your table cleared while you go up for seconds didn't help. Counter service meals were fine. I think my feeling uncomftorable at the table service restaurants will pass with time.

On 12/17 I met up with two fellow Dis'ers mrsapalm and her DH palmrc. It was a good time to meet people that you have only read their posts previously. Other than those mentioned, I didn't see any other Lime Green Ribbons.

This forum was a great help to me in deciding and also encouraging me to even think of going. Thank you to all who post their experiences on the various threads. It was very re assuring to read about how many of you who enjoy going solo.

I would still rather go with other people, but I had a great time myself and I think it was a learning experience also. This will not be my last solo trip.

It sounds like you had a great trip. I love touring the parks solo. Glad you had such a great time.

Hi Jwill - it was so wonderful to get to meet you and hang out with you at MVMCP! You've inspired me to plan my own solo trip, but I'm afraid I won't do the "tent thing." :p So glad to hear that you had a good time -- I am a little wary of solo-sit-down-eating, so I know exactly how you feel!
-MrsAPalm

Hey jwill, I'm glad to hear you did a solo trip. What parks did you go to? I love to go solo. It seems no one I know is interested in Disney. My last trip In May I was able to meet a few Diser's. I'm determined that my next trip will include more solo sit down meals. I know they can be tough. I did do a late lunch at the Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot. No poblem, they were fine and I enjoyed the food. I also did a tour at MK. That was cool.

Cassie:
I did all the parks except Animal Kingdom for no other reason than I ran out time. The backstage tour is one thing that can see myself not having a problem with. In 2001 I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour with others but next time I will do another one. I'm glad to see you had a good time at Rose and Crown I would like to go there and had considered going there this trip also. Going to more sit down meals next time will be my goal next time also. One thing I noticed also is that I was eating late and on the run. Without someone else with you and a schedule to keep, you loose track of time.

mrsapalm:

The one thing you will find right away is you won't really notice being alone when you are busy in the parks. This was very reassuring to me. Remember to treat your whole trip from from start to finish as an adventure not just a vacation. This helps put even the small bad points in perspective with your total experience.

Hope it turns out well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter