First rides for 11 month old

blabbermouth

DIS Veteran
We're going in September for my daughter's first trip. I haven't been on all of the kid rides in a while, so hit me up with your suggestions for her first few rides in each park.

We did MK not DL when my daughter was that age but her first few rides were Peter Pan, Small World and Pirates. She got more out of the shows and just looking at everything than she did the rides but she was fine on all of them.

We took our younger daughter a couple times at around 11 months old. She enjoyed It's a Small World, the Tiki Room, Casey Jr. Circus Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, the Finding Nemo Submarines., the King Arthur Carrousel, and over in DCA, the Bug's Land rides (unfortunately those will be closing probably at the beginning of September), Monster's Inc, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure. I think that Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, and the Storybook Land Canal Boats would also be pretty good bets at that age.

She also got a kick out of some of the shows - the shows at the Royal Theatre in Fantasy Faire, the parades, Mickey & The Magical Map.

My kids loved Winnie the Poo & King Arthur’s Caroussel at that age. Watch out for the volume on dark rides & sensitive little ears—I would hold their ears while holding them, because those rides can get LOUD. There are also special baby headphones, but mommy hands worked fine for us.

My youngest was 10.5 months her first trip. It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh and The Little Mermaid were her favorites. She went on pretty much anything that didn't have a height limit, though some were a bit more difficult (Roger Rabbit and Toy Story Mania are two that can remember off the top of my head. She really loved all the rides though, and still does.

We did MK not DL when my daughter was that age but her first few rides were Peter Pan, Small World and Pirates. She got more out of the shows and just looking at everything than she did the rides but she was fine on all of them.

Great, I'm glad she liked it tolerated Pirates! And I'll have to take a look at the shoes, I know she'll love parades.

We took our younger daughter a couple times at around 11 months old. She enjoyed It's a Small World, the Tiki Room, Casey Jr. Circus Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, the Finding Nemo Submarines., the King Arthur Carrousel, and over in DCA, the Bug's Land rides (unfortunately those will be closing probably at the beginning of September), Monster's Inc, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure. I think that Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, and the Storybook Land Canal Boats would also be pretty good bets at that age.

She also got a kick out of some of the shows - the shows at the Royal Theatre in Fantasy Faire, the parades, Mickey & The Magical Map.

Thanks, great list and suggestions. I was so sad to hear about bug land closing. I liked it as an adult, it was so cute!

My kids loved Winnie the Poo & King Arthur’s Caroussel at that age. Watch out for the volume on dark rides & sensitive little ears—I would hold their ears while holding them, because those rides can get LOUD. There are also special baby headphones, but mommy hands worked fine for us.

I'm only a bit worried about sudden loud noises, she's not a fan, but loud noises in general I'm not too worried about.

I actually have these and it hadn't crossed my mind to bring them, but I will now, thanks!

My youngest was 10.5 months her first trip. It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh and The Little Mermaid were her favorites. She went on pretty much anything that didn't have a height limit, though some were a bit more difficult (Roger Rabbit and Toy Story Mania are two that can remember off the top of my head. She really loved all the rides though, and still does.
Awesome news, yeah, my husband was concerned about toy story mania and how much it moves around, but I assured him that it would be safe or they wouldn't allow it.

Great, I'm glad she liked it tolerated Pirates! And I'll have to take a look at the shoes, I know she'll love parades.

Thanks, great list and suggestions. I was so sad to hear about bug land closing. I liked it as an adult, it was so cute!

I'm only a bit worried about sudden loud noises, she's not a fan, but loud noises in general I'm not too worried about.

I actually have these and it hadn't crossed my mind to bring them, but I will now, thanks!

Awesome news, yeah, my husband was concerned about toy story mania and how much it moves around, but I assured him that it would be safe or they wouldn't allow it.
I never noticed how loud it was there until I brought kids. Lol All day long of that would make anyone cranky! So many sounds competing. Rides, music, people, etc.

Whatever you do, do not take her on Snow White, Toad, or Pinnochio. They're in Fantasyland but they are not toddler-friendly because they are SCARY for kids that age. My oldest did fine with them at age 4, but my youngest was so scared of them that I still had trouble getting her on Snow White when she was like 8! (She was fine with POC and everything else mentioned here.)

Whatever you do, do not take her on Snow White, Toad, or Pinnochio. They're in Fantasyland but they are not toddler-friendly because they are SCARY for kids that age. My oldest did fine with them at age 4, but my youngest was so scared of them that I still had trouble getting her on Snow White when she was like 8! (She was fine with POC and everything else mentioned here.)

Thanks! I couldn't really remember which one would be scary to a toddler. Those were on my hmm list though

I didn't feel it was unsafe, but it was difficult for me to actually play. She was in between two adults and I had my arm securely around her, not so she wouldn't fall out because I wasn't nervous about that but I didn't want to have her bump her head or try to stand up. I had her on my left side (I am right handed) and I sorta tried to play too, but my score was even worse than normal, haha. But I didn't feel she was unsafe in any way, but I may have felt differently if she wasn't able to sit independently or if she hadn't done well on other rides. I wouldn't recommend it for one fo the first rides, I would pick something where your infant can sit in your lap to begin with

I agree with this. I always tell people not to take their young ones on Snow White, unless they are sure that they'll be okay, and never as a first attraction or you might not get them on any other dark ride. Young ones also like the simpler attractions - horse carriage on Main Street, etc., and I also recommend the train for some down time, yet entertaining. The dinosaurs MIGHT scare her, but if you sit in the 2nd row it might be easier, plus she can stand up between you on the bench. Small ones also like running around Goofy's backyard in Toontown, plus might like touching everything in Mickey & Minnie's houses.

I agree with this. I always tell people not to take their young ones on Snow White, unless they are sure that they'll be okay, and never as a first attraction or you might not get them on any other dark ride. Young ones also like the simpler attractions - horse carriage on Main Street, etc., and I also recommend the train for some down time, yet entertaining. The dinosaurs MIGHT scare her, but if you sit in the 2nd row it might be easier, plus she can stand up between you on the bench. Small ones also like running around Goofy's backyard in Toontown, plus might like touching everything in Mickey & Minnie's houses.

Thanks! I was thinking she'd like the train and checking out Toontown. I assume she'll be at least crawling by then, but probably not walking yet. Also just plunking her down on a little patch of grass to people watch.

There are a lot of great suggestions here of rides. My littles particularly liked Peter Pan (although the line is always insane- do it first thing or plan at least 45 min wait), Carrousel, Dumbo, Astro Orbitors, Winnie the Pooh, Little mermaid, Toy story (a bit jerky but still fun), Small world, etc. The dark rides can be pretty scary like Snow White and Wild Toad. One of the best things we did was get ear plugs and cut them in half length wise then they would fit the baby. Then I wasn't worried about how loud it was the whole time.

I was just there over 4th of July and took my 21 month old on these rides and she loved them! Didn’t think any ride was scary at all. Maybe I just got lucky ‍♀️

Are you allowed to ride the rides with the baby in a carrier or do they have to sit next to you on the ride?

Depends on the ride. I don't think most will allow the baby to stay in a carrier... The ones with lap bars definitely require you to hold the baby facing forward on your lap or on the seat next to you.

Are you allowed to ride the rides with the baby in a carrier or do they have to sit next to you on the ride?
I saw lots of babies in carriers on rides including my nephew who’s only 4 months. Actually any ride he went on he was allowed to stay in the carrier.

My 4 month old nephew went on:
All the rides in fantasyland
Potc
Haunted mansion
Winnie the Pooh
Buzz Austro blasters
Small world
Jungle cruise
Ariel
Monsters inc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter