First official picture of the cast of Aladdin

Casting Will Smith never bothered me, but this new trailer is definitely not looking good. The genie looks awful, and Will Smith sounds too Fresh Prince. Doesn't matter though, I was never going to see this in theaters anyways. Only movies I'm planning to see in the theater are Avengers, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, and possibly The Lion King.

It's very likely that Disney could have two expensive, back-to-back flops in the "live action remake" category with Dumbo and Aladdin.

I saw a poster pic of the three main cast and Will was black. Now he's blue and plumped out muscular....anyone explain?

I saw a poster pic of the three main cast and Will was black. Now he's blue and plumped out muscular....anyone explain?
Either the digital effects werent done for the promo shot --- or Disney heard the feedback of how he wasnt blue and are adding it in last minute?

Probably just didnt have it ready for the promo shots.

Disney doesn’t have much of a choice I would think. Disney has a huge slate this year. Dumbo and Captain Marvel next month. Then Avengers: Endgame and Aladdin, then Lion King, and the last keeps going to wrap up with Star Wars Episode 9.

I guess my reasoning was the genre - basically two reboots that are so similar ( as far as movie type, generation, target audience, etc) both being released in less than two months time -

I saw some pretty negative comments about the trailer on another (non-Disney) site. I just don't think the live remakes are a good idea in general.

Ok...I got to ask....why is there so much criticism all day today about the genie? I don't see anything wrong? I mean, what else are you supposed to expect? Is it Will Smith? the blue? muscular build? What else or who else are you supposed to expect instead? I JUST DON'T GET the harsh criticism that I am reading today.

Ok...I got to ask....why is there so much criticism all day today about the genie? I don't see anything wrong? I mean, what else are you supposed to expect? Is it Will Smith? the blue? muscular build? What else or who else are you supposed to expect instead? I JUST DON'T GET the harsh criticism that I am reading today.
Most of the criticism is based on that he is a CGI that does not look realistic, while it is trying to look realistic. It’s a very common complaint about CGI heavy films. It’s in the uncanny valley that is meant to be avoided. It looks off and takes people out of the moment.

I just can’t comprehend this response.

Not hating though

Love it or hate it ... this movie will easily gross 500 mil ... who will be laughing then HA! Maybe they will use some money for that "5TH PARK" lol

It might be the build, a buff Santa movie would probably fail (as a family movie)

Love it or hate it ... this movie will easily gross 500 mil ... who will be laughing then HA! Maybe they will use some money for that "5TH PARK" lol

Not so fast.

Mary Poppins Returns couldn't even make 350 million worldwide.

Outside of Marvel, Disney is on a losing streak with their films.

If the last 18 months is any indication, the Disney brand has not been a very big draw.

Last year, only Incredibles 2 .Was an unqualified hit with "Disney" on the marquee...and even that was "Disney/Pixar". The rest were underperformers or outright expensive flops.

I'm have the uneasy feeling that this supposedly "surefire blockbuster" slate for 2019 will feature a number of surprising underperformers.

It's becoming increasingly clear that all the hand-wringing over Disney "owning the world" with the acquisition of Fox was unwarranted.
I'm personally burned out of all the remakes. One once in a while would probably get my money. 3 in a year? The only one I care about is Dumbo, and that is because it looks like a completely new story.

To me it says "We've completely ran out of ideas and think people will just throw their money at us because we're Disney."

I will this movie a chance. I actually feel sorry for Will Smith because he has to fill some giant shoes. Could you imaging the take on this move if Robin Williams was still with us? And I am one of the people who helps support Disney thru the movies. When the girls go see one they come back and tell me if its 4K worthy or bluray worthy or dvd worthy (which means we aren't getting it).

I will this movie a chance. I actually feel sorry for Will Smith because he has to fill some giant shoes. Could you imaging the take on this move if Robin Williams was still with us? And I am one of the people who helps support Disney thru the movies. When the girls go see one they come back and tell me if its 4K worthy or bluray worthy or dvd worthy (which means we aren't getting it).

Agree with this - and will add - that when the show opened on Broadway, the same was said about James Monroe Iglehart, and he went on to win the Tony

Agree with this - and will add - that when the show opened on Broadway, the same was said about James Monroe Iglehart, and he went on to win the Tony
He was unbelievable on Broadway. They should have just used him. I just find it hard to not hear robin williams voice. That’s my biggest problem. I wish will Smith was the voice and genie was cgi. Jafar in my opinion needs to be way way older looking and have that snake like voice. Not sound like a 15 year old. I really really was looking forward to this movie. The play was so good I felt. I liked b&b. I think lion king is going to be good. I think I’ll like dumbo. Dumbo is just a tear jerker for me throughout the whole movie.

He was unbelievable on Broadway. They should have just used him. I just find it hard to not hear robin williams voice. That’s my biggest problem. I wish will Smith was the voice and genie was cgi. Jafar in my opinion needs to be way way older looking and have that snake like voice. Not sound like a 15 year old. I really really was looking forward to this movie. The play was so good I felt. I liked b&b. I think lion king is going to be good. I think I’ll like dumbo. Dumbo is just a tear jerker for me throughout the whole movie.

Totally agree ! Would have been great casting !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts