First official picture of the cast of Aladdin

Ugh, yet another reboot of a classic animated film. I refused to see the reboot of Beauty and the Beast and am so not interested in this either. Why are they taking the films from my early teen years and ruining them????

Ugh, yet another reboot of a classic animated film. I refused to see the reboot of Beauty and the Beast and am so not interested in this either. Why are they taking the films from my early teen years and ruining them????
I wouldn’t say they are ruining them. They are also making boat loads of money.

Jafar sounds like a child also. Man this is going to be bad. Disney is ruining a lot of my favorite Disney memories.

And unless I have my dates wrong, isn't the live-action "LK" out in July ? That one doesn't look that bad, but surprised they would release them so close together - again, I could be wrong about the LK release date

And unless I have my dates wrong, isn't the live-action "LK" out in July ? That one doesn't look that bad, but surprised they would release them so close together - again, I could be wrong about the LK release date
July 19th.

Thanks ! Yep - that's what I thought because already promised the kids we would see it in WDW - (arriving 7/16)

Less than two months between releases ? Risky ?
Disney doesn’t have much of a choice I would think. Disney has a huge slate this year. Dumbo and Captain Marvel next month. Then Avengers: Endgame and Aladdin, then Lion King, and the last keeps going to wrap up with Star Wars Episode 9.

When I first heard Will Smith was going to be the genie I thought he was going to voice the genie who would be CGI. Then I saw the picture of Will Smith as the genie (first post in thread) and I was bummed. Then I heard that this was his "human form" and he will indeed be blue, I was optimistic. I really really thought they would have the genie look unique but borrow some of Will Smith's feature. Kinda like they did with Williams. But I guess they elected to paint Will blue, and it just doesn't look good IMO. On top of that, like a PP said, the actor playing Jafar sounds like a kid. Jafar is supposed to be menacing, in the original you knew that guy was evil and you didn't even need to see him. Aladdin and Jasmine look great as does the settings. I just don't know how this is going to turn out...

When I first heard Will Smith was going to be the genie I thought he was going to voice the genie who would be CGI. Then I saw the picture of Will Smith as the genie (first post in thread) and I was bummed. Then I heard that this was his "human form" and he will indeed be blue, I was optimistic. I really really thought they would have the genie look unique but borrow some of Will Smith's feature. Kinda like they did with Williams. But I guess they elected to paint Will blue, and it just doesn't look good IMO. On top of that, like a PP said, the actor playing Jafar sounds like a kid. Jafar is supposed to be menacing, in the original you knew that guy was evil and you didn't even need to see him. Aladdin and Jasmine look great as does the settings. I just don't know how this is going to turn out...

I was skeptical from the beginning for a number of reasons (mainly the casting choices and especially Jafar) but this solidifies it for me. It looks like a steaming pile of garbage

I had to admit, I was holding out SOME hope. I for one liked the updated live action Pete's Dragon and Jungle book. So was hoping it would be close to that. Now though, this just looks like a huge miss. To be fair, how in the world do you replace Robin Williams?!?!? HE made that role and the animated movie.

Now I hear live action Sword in the Stone is coming....I shudder as I loved that movie.

If the last 18 months is any indication, the Disney brand has not been a very big draw.

Last year, only Incredibles 2 .Was an unqualified hit with "Disney" on the marquee...and even that was "Disney/Pixar". The rest were underperformers or outright expensive flops.

I'm have the uneasy feeling that this supposedly "surefire blockbuster" slate for 2019 will feature a number of surprising underperformers.

It's becoming increasingly clear that all the hand-wringing over Disney "owning the world" with the acquisition of Fox was unwarranted.

Casting Will Smith never bothered me, but this new trailer is definitely not looking good. The genie looks awful, and Will Smith sounds too Fresh Prince. Doesn't matter though, I was never going to see this in theaters anyways. Only movies I'm planning to see in the theater are Avengers, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, and possibly The Lion King.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter