First Ft Wilderness trip put on hold.. for now. Update !!!

ChiefM

DIS Veteran
I was hoping to come down sometime early next year and we would be able to do our first Ft Wilderness trip in our coach. Well I start a new job on Monday and will not have any vacation days!! So we may have to delay till maybe this time next year. A little sad at the delay but excited to start my new job. I currently drive an hour and half to get to work in the mornings and almost 2 with traffic going home. My new job is going to be 20 minutes from my house, 15 if I speed!

Great news on your new job and all the extra time you will have with a shorter commute. I just checked available sites for this time next year and they are very busy already. We are considering a timeframe that would let us enjoy the last days of Halloween at the Fort followed by the first days of Christmas decorations. (Based on the Not So Scary Halloween dates and the Very Merry Christmas dates.) Disney world magic!

Congrats! A bit late now, but I try to negotiate time off before I sign my acceptance. Many employers want a year under your belt before you take vacation, which I understand, but for many that's just not a good mental health thing to give up. In my case I negotiated a week off after 6 months, my last employer flat our refused (I still took the job) and my previous one agreed but when it came time I was to deep to take the time.

But I tell you not having a commute is a great thing. I love my 7 minute commute, of course it can take 10 minutes if I go another route!

We found it best for us right now to take small 3 and 4 day trips instead of one long one. We did a 10 day blow September 2017 to Disney World and we were exhausted when it was over. I can afford 2 or 3 days unpaid here and there since I mainly work to pay for the retirement toys.

One week down at my new job and I love it !!! The transition from Cat construction equipment to John Deere tractors was not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be.
Seriously considering a trip down to Ft Wilderness this time next year. I need to start planning and look to see if there are any spots available and reserve. I want to go when they have the Christmas decorations up.

I am still loving it after 2 weeks! When I originally applied for my job it was as the service manager. They had already filled that role but they offered the job as a technician so I took it. As fate would have it the man that was going to be the service manager backed out last week and my boss came to me on Friday and offered me the position!!!

What an amazing last few weeks !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter