First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Take Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunblock sunblock sunblock.

we are very very burnable people. i think my father was casper. i've had many a burn in my days and it doesn't take much. so i buy 45+ sunblock and make sure dd is wearing a hat with a good size brim.

i don't go so far as long sleeves though.

What do you guys do to avoid getting sunburned? It seems as if being on board ship is worse for sunburns than being on land. Do you hit the tanning beds before the cruise or do you just slather on the sun block? :confused3 Am I right in thinking people are more susceptible to getting burnt on the ship?

I'm planning on trying the spray-on sunscreen this time. The lotion doesn't work well for me because I'm a bit furry making it difficult to apply. (Too much information?)

With a little luck, I'll have already started getting a little color by the time of the cruise by getting in several rounds of golf.

I'm going to try to get a bit of color and not be "fish belly white" for the cruise, but the strong sun and the glare off the water is going to be a challenge for those of us who are pigment challenged! :beach:

What do you guys do to avoid getting sunburned? It seems as if being on board ship is worse for sunburns than being on land. Do you hit the tanning beds before the cruise or do you just slather on the sun block? :confused3 Am I right in thinking people are more susceptible to getting burnt on the ship?

Paul, you are more suspectable to a burn due to rays reflecting off the water in addition to being out in the sun. There is an ongoing debate as to the safety of tanning beds. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I would make sure you are wearing sunscreen (15+), reapply it frequently and a hat if you are prone to burning easily. There are cloths that come with an SPF 15 built in. I think Lands End and LL Bean have a line.

Paul, you are more suspectable to a burn due to rays reflecting off the water in addition to being out in the sun. There is an ongoing debate as to the safety of tanning beds. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I would make sure you are wearing sunscreen (15+), reapply it frequently and a hat if you are prone to burning easily. There are cloths that come with an SPF 15 built in. I think Lands End and LL Bean have a line.

Thanks Kathy, if this accursed winter comes to an end early enough I can get a bit of color the old fashioned way by being outside without 10 layers of clothes on!! Definitely don't want to burn on the cruise or at Castaway Cay.

I'm planning on trying the spray-on sunscreen this time. The lotion doesn't work well for me because I'm a bit furry making it difficult to apply. (Too much information?)

With a little luck, I'll have already started getting a little color by the time of the cruise by getting in several rounds of golf.

furry! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :crazy2:

I'm not sure what i'll do for any color before the cruise. I'm pretty pasty (hehehe) white that I just can't tan. I burn. I've done the tanning bed thing in the past, but i've never been a tanning bed regular. I have only gone right before i'm heading to someplace like the Caribbean...just enough to get a base color so that I don't frighten the other passengers. I've tried the lotions that give you the "glow" but it ends up looking yellow. The make up line that I use faithfully has a self tanner that i'm thinking about trying this time though...

what happens at 250?
Technically at 250 pgs, the thread should be closed and a new one opened...but the last thread wasn't closed for quite a while...

They didn't want to close it until I was the last poster! ;)

I really don't tan unless it comes out of a bottle. I will be using a good deal of sunscreen and a hat to TRY and keep from turning into a lobster.

Kim

You know how the sun seems "hotter" in Florida for those of us who tend to burn? Muliply that by being surrounded by water and you will begin to understand why SUNSCREEN is your friend on a cruise.

Personally, I don't tan anyway. I burn. I may do a bottle/spray tan beforehand so I don't scare anyone with my white skin, but I'll definitely be slathered with sunscreen anytime I'm planning to be out on deck.

I'm afraid that skin color is the least of my worries. I'd just suggest that everyone avert their eyes when I sit out by the pool.

I was looking into excursions today. What is everyone planning on doing? how is that aquaventure? is it worthh going too? Nothing really appealed to me that it seemed I had to do.

I think we are going to just go to Atlantis on our own and not do a planned excursion. My dh has never been to the Bahamas so we are definatley going to go off the ship for a little while. We could get a group together to get in a taxi and just go over to Atlantis for a while to look around, see the aquarium, shop, whatever, then go back to the ship.

WOO HOO! ER decided to have the Romance Package since it will be our anniversary, so I booked stuff!
We have:
Palo Brunch !0:30
Dinner 6:30 on the 12th
Segway tour in Nassau at 10:00

Still need to decide on Castaway Cay and if we want to do any spa stuff. We have the pass to the Rainforest room with the REAS.

Just bought our airfare!!! Woohoo!!! :cool1:

I had a $40 credit from my MF flights and a $50 gift card that we got from my mom, so after all of that was taken off, our flights were a total of $308 for the two of us! We're leaving Indy on May 9th at 7:45am and arriving into Orlando at 10:00am and then flying home on Saturday, May 16th, leaving Orlando at 2:05pm and arriving in Indy at 4:30pm!

Now I just need to get my 2 nights at AKL booked from the prize that I won late last year from the sacred Prizematron! :cool1:

And I gotta figure out transportation...

And park admission...

Will the planning ever end? :rotfl2:

WOO HOO! ER decided to have the Romance Package since it will be our anniversary, so I booked stuff!
We have:
Palo Brunch !0:30
Dinner 6:30 on the 12th
Segway tour in Nassau at 10:00

Still need to decide on Castaway Cay and if we want to do any spa stuff. We have the pass to the Rainforest room with the REAS.
I thought about adding that on...do you know how much that is? Maybe I should go dig out my book...

Ok, should I be booking Palo Bunch? I wasn't going to because I thought there was a special brunch.

I'm confused. How are people booking anything yet? We're Castaway Cay members and we can't book until 90 days out.:confused3

We aren't booking ANYTHING though because this is our third DCL cruise and because the team is providing us a Palo Brunch! (Yummy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter