First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Take Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
AskTracy,
What time do we get taken to the airport on the Disney Busses? We want to know what time to book a flight back.

The buses will get back approximately 1 hour after they leave. They will leave when they are full. There are numerous buses going all morning. It is recommended by Disney that you not schedule a return flight before 12:30 pm. If you plan to use Onboard Flight Check In, you'll have to pick up your own luggage if your flight is before 11:30 am.

I was looking on the DCL site and with the exception of cat. 7 there are rooms available in all other categories 4-12. HHHHMMM I wonder if there might be any upgrades in any of our futures? I might be nice, but since we won't be spending much time in our cabins, I didn't want to pay for a higher category. If they want to upgrade me then I would happily accept.

Kim

I'm sure there will be some upgrades, unless the sailing is sold out. No upgrades on the Panama Canal cruise as that was sold out long ahead of time.

ohhhh what are the chances??? do they actually sail with higher categories empty rather then upgrading?

we're cat 12 too - would be nice to see the morning light in the morning even if it's through a port hole

what cat do windows start?

if everyone would just move quickly and quietly to the back they'd be room in here for all of us :)

Yes, they do sail with higher categories empty. They rarely give a comp upgrade to a suite (I've never heard of it happening).

Windows start at category 9.

:offtopic:

Sorry to interrupt this already interrupted thread, but I couldn't think of a better place to make my 6,000th DIS post.

Its a good start. pixiedust:

Congrats!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

oh wow - i'm almost half way there :)

keep on posting keep on posting keep on posting.

but what about non suites? if cat 4-9 are empty do they let them go or will they move up cat 10-12?

would make me want to pay for it next time if we started in a 9 and got used to the space and view. never know what your missing, but once you been on the green side of the lawn you can't go back :)

Yes, they do sail with higher categories empty. They rarely give a comp upgrade to a suite (I've never heard of it happening).

Windows start at category 9:

I have an Onboard Check In question. Do you have to use Disney Transfers to use it? As of right now, they don't charge you for your first or second bag?

but what about non suites? if cat 4-9 are empty do they let them go or will they move up cat 10-12?

would make me want to pay for it next time if we started in a 9 and got used to the space and view. never know what your missing, but once you been on the green side of the lawn you can't go back :)

There is no rhyme or reason to upgrades. My point was just that upgrades happen in most categories, but rarely if ever to suites.

I have an Onboard Check In question. Do you have to use Disney Transfers to use it? As of right now, they don't charge you for your first or second bag?

You do have to use Disney transfers for the onboard airline check in. They do charge you if your airline is charging you. What happens is you check the luggage as you normally would and you report how many bags you are checking (this is how they know how many luggage tags to give you). When you get off the ship you need to check in if you used the onboard airline check in. There you will pay for the baggage fees.

I finished Eclipse today and :sad:

It's my favorite book so far although Breaking Dawn looks good!!!
I loved Breaking Dawn!! It was definitely my favorite of the series...I'm still finishing up New Moon for the second time. They just got the news about Harry Clearwater...it's about to get really good again! :love:

You do have to use Disney transfers for the onboard airline check in. They do charge you if your airline is charging you. What happens is you check the luggage as you normally would and you report how many bags you are checking (this is how they know how many luggage tags to give you). When you get off the ship you need to check in if you used the onboard airline check in. There you will pay for the baggage fees.

Thanks. I guess I will just stick with Southwest then. It defeated the purpose of doing Onboard checking if I have to try to fit as much as I can in my carry on.

There is no rhyme or reason to upgrades. My point was just that upgrades happen in most categories, but rarely if ever to suites.
Well, considering that Andrew and I met while we were both working at Disneyland, I think they should upgrade us! It is our 25th anniversary!

Well, considering that Andrew and I met while we were both working at Disneyland, I think they should upgrade us! It is our 25th anniversary!

Congrats and GOOD LUCK!! This would be quite the year for you guys. First, the MK celebration and then a free upgrade on the Podcast Cruise.
pixiedust:

I was looking into excursions today. What is everyone planning on doing? how is that aquaventure? is it worthh going too? Nothing really appealed to me that it seemed I had to do.

What do you guys do to avoid getting sunburned? It seems as if being on board ship is worse for sunburns than being on land. Do you hit the tanning beds before the cruise or do you just slather on the sun block? :confused3 Am I right in thinking people are more susceptible to getting burnt on the ship?

we were thinking about going to the aquaqrium in nassau but changed our minds. this is our first cruise and i think we'll just take advantage of a nearly empty ship and stay on board to explore without a crush of people in the pictures.

we may get off to lood around the port and take some pictures of the ship but that's about it.

our off ship fun will come at cc. :)

I was looking into excursions today. What is everyone planning on doing? how is that aquaventure? is it worthh going too? Nothing really appealed to me that it seemed I had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!