First Draft of the 2 1/2 day touring plan for Disneyland Paris - I appreciate your input / feedback

kathy884

DIS Veteran
First of all a big thank you to all the contributors on this board who have helped me so much with planning our Disneyland Paris extension to our Paris / Belfast European trip. We are doing this after the Paris part of our trip and before the Belfast part of our trip. Our travel is for two adults (me and my 27 year old son). Our significant others are staying home for this one. DS and I are both HUGE Disney fans. I've been to WDW around 36 times or so and DS has about 15 trips there under his belt. We also did a trip to Disneyland CA about eight years ago. This will be our first (and for me) probably my only trip to Disneyland Paris.

I'm going to apologize too in advance for how long this post is. Please skip reading if it is too long. But if you don't mind taking a peek at our park plans, I'd sure appreciate your input and suggestions. I'm a huge fan of the Unofficial Guide (touringplans.com) product / advice and have been using them since the late 80s to plan Disney park days. DS is a huge fan too, and we work together on touring plans. It works well for us - doesn't keep us from "smelling the roses" as we are flexible in taking things off to do other stuff - have no problem enjoying the moment, taking our time, etc. The unofficial guide people don't do plans for Disneyland Paris, so first time in decades I don't have their great tools to assist with planning.

DS and I have been looking at maps, looking at youtube videos, etc. to come up with our own plan. I've also gotten great advice on this forum about many of the rides and some differences (viva la difference) between the Paris park attractions and the WDW park attractions that I've used for this plan draft. Anyway, with that input here is draft one of our two and 1/2 days late Sept. midweek this year. I hear parks usually close about 8:30 p.m. or so in that timeframe. I also get the impression that the Studios probably won't have a night time show when we visit?? Although for the 30th celebration it sounds like they have one now. We also FYI will be onsite at the Sequoia Lodge and will take advantage of rope drop on two days.

½ day on arrival – Tuesday Sept. 26
2 p.m. Arrive Sequoia Lodge around then and drop off luggage (We are taking a G-7 taxi from Paris (We will have been in Paris for four nights before the three night Disneyland stay).
3 p.m. Eat at Earl of Sandwich at Disney Village
4:30 p.m. arrive at Disneyland Park
  • Hit Phantom Manor
  • Do Aladdin walk thru
  • Do Pirates
  • check out castle and dragon
  • stay for night time castle projection / fireworks – whatever they have
  • unpack.
Full day 1 (Wed. Sept. 27) – Rope drop Studios (breakfast at McDonald’s on way over from Sequoia Lodge) – We will be at the park at 8 for 8:30 a.m. rope drop?? Or should we get there earlier??
  • Crush – DS only (I will skip to avoid motion sickness)
  • Tower of Terror – my favorite ride
  • Ratatouille – (DS has done this at Epcot. He says it's a lot like the Penguin ride at SeaWorld that I like, so I think I should be OK motion sickness wise??) – single rider line if that is available and looking shorter
  • Spiderman – DS only (single rider line if available) – (I will skip to avoid motion sickness and ride from what I have looked at doesn't appeal to me)
  • Flight Force – DS only (single rider line if available) – heard this is Rock in Roller Coaster – I’d do it for Aerosmith tunes, but being reimagined and since it’s kind of jerky for me now, I’ll skip.
  • Mickey and the Magician show
Head to Disneyland park and eat at Market Deli or Casey’s corner
(If we missed Phantom Manor and/or Pirates hit those now)
Else
  • Indiana Jones coaster
  • Adventure Isle – sounds like Tom Sawyer’s Island?? (We just did some March 1971 to March 2021 -- 50 years later photos on Tom Sawyer's Island at WDW so are curious as to what this one looks like).
Head back to Sequoia Lodge and swim and do some photo editing.

Full day 2 (Thurs. Sept. 28) – Rope drop Disneyland park (breakfast at McDonald’s on way over from Sequoia Lodge) -- – We will be at the park at 8 for 8:30 a.m. rope drop?? Or should we get there earlier??
  • Big Thunder
  • Hyperspace Mountain – might be a little rough for me, but I have to do it. I have no issue with Space Mountain at WDW. Do you think I could have motion sickness issues on this? Really twisty rides and simulators are what give me issues. (love fast, upside down is OK, love drops)
  • That submarine ride
  • Lion King show (My all-time favorite show at WDW)
  • It’s a Small World
  • Storybook water ride (DS and I both just loved that at Disneyland, CA)
  • Pinocchio
  • Eat at Au Chalet de la marionette that’s right by Pinocchio
  • Mickey’s Philharmagic
  • Castle and Dragon again
  • Parade
  • Wander Mainstreet shops
  • Dinner Annette’s Diner in Disney Village (if time). Shopping in Disney Village if time.
  • Back to Disneyland for nighttime show stuff by castle.
We are skipping 7DMT, Dumbo, and Peter Pan (Queues are in our opinion not worth it for these. Plus, we’ve done these a zillion times at WDW.)

On Friday we have a flight to Belfast at 11 a.m. so are not able to take advantage of the fourth day that is part of our package.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for us. We mostly want to experience things that are unique and different compared to WDW. We also want to have reasonably relaxed touring days, not be overly rushed (sometimes less is more). A 16-hour park day is not all that unusual for us at WDW though. Although not compared to my parents or my brother, most people consider me and DS to be Disney diehards. Maybe that’s why our significant others are staying home lol. We don’t in any way, shape, or form feel the need to see and do everything, but do want to take advantage of this rare opportunity to experience some of the unique / cool things about the Paris parks.

Thank you!

On your first day you might want to do the parade, that should be on at 5 as you are getting there. I would definitely be building in time to do the 30th anniversary show which ends at the end of September and seeing the crowd get into it is worth it alone. You will probably be able to do a bit more your first night depending on wait times. Make sure the studios has early morning time (every once in a while it is just at Disneyland Park) and if only one of you is riding you may just want to pay for Premier Access not to be caught in the Crush dash. Take the time to just walk around and explore, it is a beautiful park and don't forget the arcades.

Appreciate your posting DisneySwede. If the parade is late enough, that's a great idea for our first 1/2 day, And then we can see what else we have time for.

I had no idea they would still be doing the Studios anniversary show in September. DS would love to see that. I'll put that on the agenda for sure. We'll skip photo editing and swimming -- easy decision.

If it's just Disneyland with the early entry, I think on the one day we'll do Big Thunder and on the other day we'll do Hyperspace Mountain might we what we try.

Hearing about the Crush dash, I like the idea of Premier Access. We'll check that out.

The parks look just beautiful in photos I'm seen. We'll take time to soak it up and explore. I love just walking around the Disney parks. My brother who has been told be what a beautiful park it is too and says I will absolutely love it.

Thanks so much for the info and tips!

I love the Unofficial Guides too, I wish there was something similar for DLP. If you're a fan of Touring Plans' data-based approach, Thrill Data has wait time data for both of the DLP parks. A lot of the general principles apply at DLP too, like wait times peaking in the afternoon, so your plan to rope drop will help.

We try to get into the parks early, do as many rides as possible before lines build late morning, then we grab a late lunch to relax during peak wait times. To be honest, I'm rarely awake early enough for the start of Extra Magic Time so I'm not sure how early to arrive to be first in. We usually head in about 8:45-9:00am so the line has gone down by then and we can still do half a dozen rides before a morning snack break.

The Studios usually close about two hours before Disneyland Park, and Fantasyland will close about an hour before the fireworks. Check the app each morning for show times because they can vary! You're right that the current night time show in the Studios will end before your trip, I don't know if there will be anything to replace it by then. The 30th anniversary is due to end Sept 30 so you'll catch the end of the celebration!

If you have the time/budget, I'd suggest grabbing a meal in Walt's to see the theming. The food is fine (don't expect too much from DLP food, but I've never had a bad meal there), but the real reason to recommend it is how beautiful it is.

You're right to skip Crush if you suffer from motion sickness, your son might be better grabbing Premier Access because the single rider line can still take a while. The Penguin ride at SeaWorld is a good comparison to Ratatouille, I think Ratatouille is faster but they're similar screen-based trackless rides. Web Slingers is a lot of fun but I think the one in DLR is the same so if you're likely to go back there then you could see it in California.

Mickey and the Magician is wonderful, there's also a Pixar show starting this summer which looks great. The Nautilus is a walkthrough rather than a ride and has been closed for a while, so you might not manage that one.

Most of all, have fun! In some ways it's nice that DLP doesn't have go-to touring plans because it means you take the time to decide your priorities. 2.5 days is a good length of time to see everything you want to see at a nice pace.

There is an app called Celebration Quest which will really force you to look around Disneyland Paris (they made it for the 30th). We saw some things that we never knew existed before. 8am is usually when they open security so tends to be a good time to be there for extra magic hours. And just remember just b/c they did it one way on one day doest not mean whatsoever the process will be the same the next. And 830 means 830 or perhaps 835, the park doesnt open earlier like it can at WDW.

½ day on arrival – Tuesday Sept. 26
2 p.m. Arrive Sequoia Lodge around then and drop off luggage (We are taking a G-7 taxi from Paris (We will have been in Paris for four nights before the three night Disneyland stay).
3 p.m. Eat at Earl of Sandwich at Disney Village
4:30 p.m. arrive at Disneyland Park
  • Hit Phantom Manor
  • Do Aladdin walk thru
  • Do Pirates
  • check out castle and dragon
  • stay for night time castle projection / fireworks – whatever they have
  • unpack.
You should be able to be in the park a lot sooner. If you have been in Europe for several days, you do not have to adjust to the time difference anymore and I am going to assume your energy levels are normal.

At midday, there shouldnt be long lines at check in, so I would use time to unpack immediately when you get to your room. Even if check in takes half an hour, which would be extreme at this time of day, you still have 25 minutes to unpack, as it is a 5 minute walk to Earl's.

Also here, at 3, you shouldnt have any long lines and I suspect you will have your food well within 15 minutes. So taking 1.5 hours for a drink and a sandwich feels a bit much. I think you should be able to be in the park 3.45-ish.

I second to fit in the parade and some other rides. Later in the day Fantasyland usually is quieter. I would try to tick off some kiddie rides in the early evening.

Full day 1 (Wed. Sept. 27) – Rope drop Studios (breakfast at McDonald’s on way over from Sequoia Lodge) – We will be at the park at 8 for 8:30 a.m. rope drop?? Or should we get there earlier??
  • Crush – DS only (I will skip to avoid motion sickness)
  • Tower of Terror – my favorite ride
  • Ratatouille – (DS has done this at Epcot. He says it's a lot like the Penguin ride at SeaWorld that I like, so I think I should be OK motion sickness wise??) – single rider line if that is available and looking shorter
  • Spiderman – DS only (single rider line if available) – (I will skip to avoid motion sickness and ride from what I have looked at doesn't appeal to me)
  • Flight Force – DS only (single rider line if available) – heard this is Rock in Roller Coaster – I’d do it for Aerosmith tunes, but being reimagined and since it’s kind of jerky for me now, I’ll skip.
  • Mickey and the Magician show
They do not open security to the parks & Disney Village before 8. If you are ahead of the line, you will be at McDonald's at 8.02 (or something like that). As long as you are ahead of the pack, you should be first to get breakfast and be there at 8.30 when the parks open for EMH.

As mentioned, they are not really time sensitive about this. I have also experienced the gates opened a few minutes before 8.30, but those are rare. On the dot or a bit after is more common.

You are going to skip most of the rides, what is your plan? The Studios doesnt have a lot to offer when it comes to sightseeing or shopping.

I can recommend the Disney Jr. Show. I am not the target group, but it does make me happy.

Head to Disneyland park and eat at Market Deli or Casey’s corner
(If we missed Phantom Manor and/or Pirates hit those now)
Else
  • Indiana Jones coaster
  • Adventure Isle – sounds like Tom Sawyer’s Island?? (We just did some March 1971 to March 2021 -- 50 years later photos on Tom Sawyer's Island at WDW so are curious as to what this one looks like).
Head back to Sequoia Lodge and swim and do some photo editing.
I am quite sure you will be able to do Phantom and Pirates on your first day, high capacity in low season. Only if you change your plans, you haven't done them by now.

For adventure Isle, it depends what time you arrive here, I wouldn't do it after dark. The grottos are quite dark to begin with, let alone when it's dark outside.

I think you might be able to do Indiana Jones on the first day, as it usually has short(er) lines. It has a 360 degree loop, therefore the height limit rules out everyone with you kids and there is a single line.

Depending on the evening entertainment in the studios, you might want to spend your evening there as well and do not go back to Disneyland Park.

If you do get to the Park, I would use time to ride Big Thunder Mountain already now. Because it is the best Big Thunder of all 6 parks around the world.

Full day 2 (Thurs. Sept. 28) – Rope drop Disneyland park (breakfast at McDonald’s on way over from Sequoia Lodge) -- – We will be at the park at 8 for 8:30 a.m. rope drop?? Or should we get there earlier??
  • Big Thunder
  • Hyperspace Mountain – might be a little rough for me, but I have to do it. I have no issue with Space Mountain at WDW. Do you think I could have motion sickness issues on this? Really twisty rides and simulators are what give me issues. (love fast, upside down is OK, love drops)
  • That submarine ride
  • Lion King show (My all-time favorite show at WDW)
  • It’s a Small World
  • Storybook water ride (DS and I both just loved that at Disneyland, CA)
  • Pinocchio
  • Eat at Au Chalet de la marionette that’s right by Pinocchio
  • Mickey’s Philharmagic
  • Castle and Dragon again
  • Parade
  • Wander Mainstreet shops
  • Dinner Annette’s Diner in Disney Village (if time). Shopping in Disney Village if time.
  • Back to Disneyland for nighttime show stuff by castle.
We are skipping 7DMT, Dumbo, and Peter Pan (Queues are in our opinion not worth it for these. Plus, we’ve done these a zillion times at WDW.)
For opening, see previous comments. To be honest, if you do not need breakfast (or coffee) right away, I usually wait with breakfast, and pick up a muffin and a drink from the bakery on main street when they open.

Also as mentioned, I think you should do Big Thunder Mountain on one of your earlier days, so you have the option to reride.

If you are prone to motion sickness, I wouldn't recommend Space Mountain.

The submarine ride is a (in my opinion) boring walkthrough ;) it is not the same as the submarine nemo ride in DL.

Keep in mind Pays des Contes Fees (storybook ride) doesnt have narration in Disneyland Paris.

I know people from the US think the dragon under the castle is really cool, but to build it into your schedule twice? It is a great animatronic, sure, and it is not hard to take 2 minutes out of your day for it. But please do not get your expectations too high about this.

Also, to be clear, we do not have 7DMT in Paris. It's Snow white scary adventures which got cancelled in WDW for being too scary for the kids. It is a kiddie ride and you can easily skip it with your party. I just want you to know you skip it for the right reasons :)

I recommend the Alice in Wonderland walkthrough.

Also, do we know if the parade is “Dream… and Shine Brighter!”? Because if so, it’s a combo parade/stage show in front of the castle. This is show is amazing, highly recommend you catch it at least once (we loved it so much we saw it multiple times).

There is a book called the Independent Guide to Disneyland Paris, the one I bought is the 2018 edition as I went in 2019. I've just had a look and the latest edition is 2022, this might be useful to you.

I am prone to motion sickness so I can comment a bit on that.
If you can do Toy Story mania you can probably do Ratatouille easy. It has just a minute or so when it vibrates a little bit in synch with the screen, like star tour, but much gentler. Otherwise it's just gentle swinging around.
And if you can do Toy Story, you can easily do Web (the Spider Man ride). I enjoyed it more than I expected. Again, similar to Toy Story Mania, but using your arms instead of the gun makes it a lot of fun.
Avoid Flight Force and the Space mountains. Flight Force is a bad reskin of Rock And Roller Coaster (maybe they're going to update some of the effects, I don't know if that will make it more worthwhile). Space Mountains is nothing like in Orlando, it's as intense as Rock and Roller Coaster, if not more.
And you're right, don't do Crush for anything in the world, it's 100% vomit guaranteed.

Other random comments:

The Snow white ride is not 7DMT, it's like the old Snow White dark ride they closed before starting construction of New Fantasyland and is now the princesses meet and greet. I don't know if your son had a chance to do it or if he remembers it. It's like the old version of Snow White in DIsneyland CA.

Eat at Au Chalet de la marionette --> blah. It's insipid burgers. If you want a good burger, then there's a 5 Guys at the Village. I'd recommend the Mr Toad restaurants, it's decent fish and chips and the place is gorgeous. But it's often closed, otherwise Lucky Nugget Saloon, where sometimes there's a small and cute Toy Story show, or Cowboy Cookout BBQ. They have similar menus and the ribs are very good.

You're going for 2 days and a half during a low season period and during the week, I think your plans are overly pessimistic, you'll be able to do much more than you have planned!

I am prone to motion sickness so I can comment a bit on that.
If you can do Toy Story mania you can probably do Ratatouille easy. It has just a minute or so when it vibrates a little bit in synch with the screen, like star tour, but much gentler. Otherwise it's just gentle swinging around.
And if you can do Toy Story, you can easily do Web (the Spider Man ride). I enjoyed it more than I expected. Again, similar to Toy Story Mania, but using your arms instead of the gun makes it a lot of fun.
Avoid Flight Force and the Space mountains. Flight Force is a bad reskin of Rock And Roller Coaster (maybe they're going to update some of the effects, I don't know if that will make it more worthwhile). Space Mountains is nothing like in Orlando, it's as intense as Rock and Roller Coaster, if not more.
And you're right, don't do Crush for anything in the world, it's 100% vomit guaranteed.

Other random comments:

The Snow white ride is not 7DMT, it's like the old Snow White dark ride they closed before starting construction of New Fantasyland and is now the princesses meet and greet. I don't know if your son had a chance to do it or if he remembers it. It's like the old version of Snow White in DIsneyland CA.

Eat at Au Chalet de la marionette --> blah. It's insipid burgers. If you want a good burger, then there's a 5 Guys at the Village. I'd recommend the Mr Toad restaurants, it's decent fish and chips and the place is gorgeous. But it's often closed, otherwise Lucky Nugget Saloon, where sometimes there's a small and cute Toy Story show, or Cowboy Cookout BBQ. They have similar menus and the ribs are very good.

You're going for 2 days and a half during a low season period and during the week, I think your plans are overly pessimistic, you'll be able to do much more than you have planned!
Really appreciate your insights. I'll add that Web (Spiderman ride), and let DS to Space Mountain on his own. I'm grateful to you and other's on this thread to warn me about this version of Space Mountain. It's not worth it for me to do it and maybe not feel so great for an hour or more for sure.

If DS wants to see the Snow White ride, we'll do it. I'd be happy to skip it. I went on it at Disneyland, CA when I was four and actually remember it because I didn't like it and found it scary. No worries, though, at 62 now lol if DS wants to do it.

We'll look for a different lunch place and skip Au Chalet de la marionette. Glad I mentioned that and thank you for the advise to skip.

I'm going to add a whole bunch of maybes to our touring plan. So great to hear that there is still a low season at Disneyland Paris and that we should be able to do a lot more. We tried to pick a less busy time, and I can believe Disney thinks it's low season too, based on pricing for the Sequoia Lodge for our dates vs. summer, etc. DS and I both love to do stuff like the train and I'll add some of the other great suggestions of attractions to add I've gotten on this thread (as well as other things we like but that aren't must dos). I was at WDW in February just for a quick one day visit as I had to be in Tampa for a few days, and the train there is finally open again (Can you believe that it was closed for four years in the Magic Kingdom?). I did that behind the scenes Keys to the Kingdom tour and just had time for two other things before catching my flight home, so finally did the train. I know my son will enjoy checking that out if it's open.

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of Pinocchios, but my Disney buddy loves to go there for the half chicken.

Cowboy Cookout has a meal with all the meats (chicken, Spare ribs and... something else) for good value. Hakuna Matata is a favourite quick service for us. If you have a bit more time, the Lucky Nugget is an option. It's a weird mix between quick and table service. I second Toad Hall as a good option. Hot dogs at caseys are fine too.

I would avoid Fuente del Oro, had a bad experience with the new menu, and before that it was so-so. Hyperion is better than it used to be, but still, it's a regular burger place.

I love Victorias, for milkshakes and pastries, (there will be a line due to low capacity), but it is not a full meal.

Somehow we tend to skip Bella Notte and Colonel Hathi's, both pizza / pasta places, so don't really know much about these two. The theming is nice.

Oh, can I comment on food? During our trip last year, we ate at the following TS restaurants: Captain Jack’s, Agrabah Cafe, Bistrot Chez Remy, and Plaza Gardens. We also ate at Bella Notte, Cafe Hyperion, Earl of Sandwich, and McDonald’s.

The quick services were fine. McDonald’s was a mess due to an issue they had with taking payments.

Regarding TS, if I had to make a single recommendation- Agrabah. It might seem intimidating (Mediterranean and Moroccan cuisine), but there’s a great variety and the atmosphere is really cool. The building used to be a series of shops that were then combined into the restaurant.

Our TS meals took a little longer than in the US, but the lines for QS were much worse than what we experienced in the US parks. We did go in June though, so that probably didn’t help.

Another vote for Agrabah, it's my favorite TS. However, if you go request a table in the street, NOT in the big room, which is an empty room with little to no decoration. But in the streets it's great themeing. It's like eating in the streets of the Moroccan pavilion at Epcot. Which is almost what it is, it was a market like at Epcot when the park opened, but it didn't get much interest, so they closed it, added a glass room and transformed it into a restaurant. Is one of the best themed restaurants in the world.

Defo do mine train more than once! Also because it's darker in Sep they might bring the drone show back to the studios. Don't miss the 30th Dream Bigger Shine Brighter shows, and the normal parade (normally around 2 i think)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter