First Disneyland Trip

Amgrease

Mouseketeer
I just took my first trip to Disneyland with my parents and my friend. We stayed at Paradise Pier for two nights and we had a view of California Adventure. It was really nice to have the theme park view as we could watch the parade from our room. The only problem during our whole trip was that on the second day almost every ride was closed in California adventure. The only things open were one tower on the Maliboomer and Mullholland Madness. This didn't matter much to me as I was taking a break and a swim at the hotel but my friend was upset. I also have a question. Does anyone know how often Grizzly River Run breaks down to the point that they have to evacuate? I got stuck on it when they did and I was just curious if it was a normal occurence. Other than that I loved Disneyland and I can't wait to go back! Next time (hopefully Spring Break) we're going to fly out and stay at Disneyland Hotel.

Can't answer any of your questions but we're just back form DL/DCA earlier this month. California Screamin' broke down a lot on the 4th because it was so hot. I guess that happens a lot on that ride. Grizzly River Run broke down at least once while we were there... I suspect an evacuation was needed.

What was it like to be evacuated from that ride?

It was actually pretty cool. I didn't mind the experience at all. I was on my way back to the hotel and I was by myself so I got on the single riders line and was on quickly. Well, we got stuck as the 6th car back right before the drop. We sat for about 30 minutes before they finally announced that they were going to evacuate us. We sat for another 15 minutes before anyone said anything else and then they had to take all the water out and that took about 10 minutes. After that they brought little metal ladders and strapped them onto the side of the boat and we just stepped down and they had a cast member take people from one boat and walk through the grizzly. We got to see a few things on the way down and then they gave us passes to come back later. A friend and I went back later on the pass and it was a 15 minute wait instead of the 1.5 hour wait for the normal line.

Wow, that does sound neat. I'm not a fan of water so I like that they drained it before you exited.

We were at California Adventure on July 5th and California Screaming was down for most of the day.

Sound like you had a fun trip with a few advertures thrown in. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter