First Disney Cruise, Need help!!!!!

lisski76

Mouseketeer
I am planning our first Disney cruise for next August. Do I have to pay in full prior to making any activity reservations onboard? If I pay in full now, will I still have to wait to make reservations until so many days out based on the fact we are first time Disney Cruisers?

We usually pay our cruise off a few days before our PIF (Pay in full) date. That date can change depending on the type of cruise you take, but it's "around" 30 days before the platinum activities booking window opens. So as a first time cruiser you will be paying your cruise off say 150 days before the cruise, and not booking your activities until 75 days before your cruise. It feels like an eternity. Good news though, after this cruise you will move up in booking status to Silver and can book activities 90 days out! Looking on the bright side....

That date can change depending on the type of cruise you take, but it's "around" 30 days before the platinum activities booking window opens.
Begining Sep 11, 2018:
Final payment for all guests in standard rooms on sailings of one- to five-nights will be due 90 days prior to arrival.

For those in standard rooms on sailings six nights or more, payment will now be due 120 days prior to arrival.

For suite and concierge guests on sailings of one to five nights, the final payment due date will remain at 120 days to arrival. For those on sailings six nights or more, the final payment is now due 150 days prior to arrival.

Platinum booking window opens at 120 days (but the information may be transmitted to the shoreside concierge people at 125 days.

Online check in/excursion booking windows open:
Platinum Castaway Club members - 120 days out
Gold CC members - 105 days out
Silver CC members - 90 days out
First time DCL cruisers - 75 days out

Most outside activities dont fill up to fast. Onboard activities they save a few spots that are first come first serve on the ship. Once on board go directly to the sign up table to get those if available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter