• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Day

DianeRD

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody!

What is the first thing you do after you are all set up at FW?

We are just so excited about our first camping trip to the World that it is all we can think about and we are not even going until December!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We have always just hung around the campground and settled in. However, last July when my sister, a friend and I took a 'ladies only' trip we headed over to the MK and had a blast! So this time with the family we are planning on heading over to MGM after we get set-up and hit the showers.

We hope to be able to make it in time for the parade. I know it will be very crowded (Memorial Day!) but we just want to see the parade, eat at the Backlot, and buy the Magical Moments pins, etc. Anything else we can do will be gravy!!

Have fun,
65 days to go!! (no I'm not getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last year we headed to Chef Mickey's and then took atrip around on the monorail. We were lucky enough to ride up front and watch the EWP.

I have to agree with bobcat. We headed over to Chef Mickey's for supper on our last trip and had a blast. It's a great way to get the kids (and adults :D ) reaquainted with the Disney magic! Since you are going in December, another thing you might like to do is resort hop and look at all the Christmas decorations. Have fun!!!

We head down to Crocketts Tavern to sit on the porch and have a beer and watch the kids on the playground.

we love to go or a cart ride around the resort, check out whats changed or who is STILL camping there, seems that Fort Wilderness has a lot of regulars, we like to get campsite decorating ideas from the other sites, some peole go all out, last time there someone had a lighted hidden mickey that must have been at last 24 feet in the air attached to a tree - you could see that thing from quite a distance - very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter