First Christmas Thread of the Year

Domo

Wotcha
The stores may be advertising Christmas early, but so can I!

What films do you associate with Christmas?

For me they are The Great Escape, Where Eagles Dare, Die Hard and Love Actually :)

It's a Wonderful Life, Last Holiday, The Holiday, Home Alone 1 & 2, The Santa Clause 1-3, The Grinch, White Christmas, Little Women, Gremlins, The Polar Express, 4 Christmases, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Trading Places, Lethal Weapon, Scrooged, Rocky IV, You've Got Mail/Shop Around the Corner, Miracle on 34th Street.

Any Rankin/Bass Christmas special and White Christmas are my big ones. I also have what my husband calls an unhealthy addiction to any and all made for TV Christmas movies. I have trained my 16 yr old in my addiction well enough that 9 out of 10 times if it is not a brand new one, she can tell you what movie it is within a minute. If it is a new one, she can tell you the plot.

OK, Domo, where have you been? This thread is one of several I've seen about our holiday season; so not the first!! ;)

OK, Domo, where have you been? This thread is one of several I've seen about our holiday season; so not the first!! ;)

I have a Christmas filter that obliterates Christmas threads until December... but this one slipped through!

My go to favorites are Home Alone 1 & 2, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol (I like the Alastair Sims version as well as the Muppets and Micky's Christmas Carol), the original animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas (although I just saw the new version and loved it!), Christmas Vacation, The Bells of St. Mary's and Holiday Inn.

I also like It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause 1-3, Miracle on 34th Street (both versions), Arthur's Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and Once Upon a Christmas.

I have a Christmas filter that obliterates Christmas threads until December... but this one slipped through!

LOL and can I borrow that filter. ;)

But to answer your question....Christmas Vacation is my go to holiday movie and Home Alone.

Like all things Christmas, this thread is premature since it came before Thanksgiving dinner. Then and only then can Christmas season begin. :D

Everybody knows the great Christmas movie canon is Die Hard, Trading Places and Batman Returns.

il_570xN.1479081981_b7an.jpg

Like all things Christmas, this thread is premature since it came before Thanksgiving dinner. Then and only then can Christmas season begin. :D

Everybody knows the great Christmas movie canon is Die Hard, Trading Places and Batman Returns.

Trading Places! Another classic!

It IS kinda eerie though, seeing the Twin Towers :(

Home Alone 1 & 2, The Santa Clause 1-3, Christmas with The Kranks, Christmas Story, Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation, Muppet's Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Polar Express, Gremlins, Jingle All the Way, Bad Santa, Rudolph, Frosty

I love almost all of them, but two I haven't seen mentioned- Iron Man 3 and Prep and Landing. Also happy to see another mention of Last Holiday. I thought I was the only person who watched that.

What films do you associate with Christmas?

Miracle on 34th Street - always watch right after Thanksgiving
Home Alone - watch at some point with DS
It's a Wonderful Life - Christmas Eve with DH
A Christmas Story - Christmas Day marathon

I also love most of the animated ones and the Hallmark movies!

Any Rankin/Bass Christmas special and White Christmas are my big ones. I also have what my husband calls an unhealthy addiction to any and all made for TV Christmas movies. I have trained my 16 yr old in my addiction well enough that 9 out of 10 times if it is not a brand new one, she can tell you what movie it is within a minute. If it is a new one, she can tell you the plot.

Love it!

My go to favorites are Home Alone 1 & 2, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol (I like the Alastair Sims version as well as the Muppets and Micky's Christmas Carol), the original animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas (although I just saw the new version and loved it!), Christmas Vacation, The Bells of St. Mary's and Holiday Inn.

I also like It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause 1-3, Miracle on 34th Street (both versions), Arthur's Christmas, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and Once Upon a Christmas.

I love the Mickey and Mr. Magoo versions too! My favorite of the live-action Scrooges is Patrick Stewart, but Alastair Sims has always been my brother's pick.

As for Miracle on 34th Street, if you're a serious fan, there's a 1973 version, too (with Sebastian Cabot as Kris Kringle):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_34th_Street_(1973_film)

White Christmas
It's a Wonderful Life (although only the prologue and third act happen near Christmas)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Batman Returns
Die Hard
Elf
Christmas Vacation
Gremlins
A Christmas Story
Muppet's Christmas Carol (or the Patrick Stewart version)

Christmas is spreading!

This week just passed marked the illuminating of the London Lights. Basically, the more expensive streets of London put up ever more opulent displays in direct competition with each other. Some of them are pretty awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter