First American Title Company

I used their Las Vegas office for my VGC resale in January, they were great. I made my offer on 1/2 and closed on 1/27. I overnighted my final check on 1/26, they received it on 1/27 and closed that day.
I'm working with their Vegas office too & received closing docs 6/9 after passing ROFR on 5/28 - so 2 weeks - I mailed check yesterday so hopefully will be recorded quickly.

I used First American Title last year and it took them 7 WEEKS!!! after I passed ROFR to send me my closing documents :headache: This was before I knew that the buyer can request the closing company and knowing that now, I would never use them again :rolleyes1
I've been told by the broker that they had a meeting with them 3 weeks ago due to the many complaints and things have been working much smoother. Of course it's a delayed closing on November so speed is not an issue on this contract.

I'm working with their Vegas office too & received closing docs 6/9 after passing ROFR on 5/28 - so 2 weeks - I mailed check yesterday so hopefully will be recorded quickly.

I passed ROFR on 1/13 and they sent closing papers on 1/21. I may have closed earlier except I was waiting for a deposit from my 401K and then I had to get a cashier’s check.

Was yours VGC? The stamp from Orange Co CA was the same day.

I passed ROFR on 1/13 and they sent closing papers on 1/21. I may have closed earlier except I was waiting for a deposit from my 401K and then I had to get a cashier’s check.

Was yours VGC? The stamp from Orange Co CA was the same day.
No we are SSR - 1st contract ever so figuring it out as we go - 1st American did send me an email today letting me know they received our check - just waiting on seller to return docs.

Last edited:

Very slow. Zero sense of urgency. Added WEEKS to the process. I’d recommend choosing another company if you can.

So very sloooowwww. On our last contract purchase, we passed ROFR in 8 days. I was so excited! Thought we would have a quick closing. Nope! Took over 8 weeks for closing docs.

Sent ROFR on 6/4(OKW-110 1st contract). Using First American(didn't know i had an option). I'm guessing this might be a while before I actually have these points. 30day ROFR seems to be taking longer....

Sent ROFR on 6/4(OKW-110 1st contract). Using First American(didn't know i had an option). I'm guessing this might be a while before I actually have these points. 30day ROFR seems to be taking longer....
It had been taking longer but it picked up considerably this week.

This being my 1st contract, I now can say First American did a great job! Quick responses to my questions even though they are in Vegas & I'm in NC. I returned docs on 6/10 & closed 6/17 so I would use again.

May I ask what the process looks like for a buyer with First American after ROFR? We heard from our Broker about ROFR this week and she said to look for an email containing closing docs from First American over the next couple of weeks. Is that right? I would guess if it's coming through email it would all be Docusign plus instructions for completing payment, but I've heard of others having to mail documents back to them.

May I ask what the process looks like for a buyer with First American after ROFR? We heard from our Broker about ROFR this week and she said to look for an email containing closing docs from First American over the next couple of weeks. Is that right? I would guess if it's coming through email it would all be Docusign plus instructions for completing payment, but I've heard of others having to mail documents back to them.
Yes, a week later we did the Docusign & they sent a FedEx label to send our certified check to them. Then it depends on how quickly your seller completes their end. Once closed, they sent another email updating us. I did request that they send my email address to DVC so they can email me vs. send me DVC info thru snail mail.

It had been taking longer but it picked up considerably this week.
I am pretty sure First American Title must be looking at these pages and trying to step up their game. They ARE a good company and have done a good job, even though they were slow for me. i'm sure they want to be known as a great title company. Maybe they never really understood before that it means A LOT to DVCers to get their contracts and paperwork FAST. If so, then this thread has probably helped them a lot.

I am pretty sure First American Title must be looking at these pages and trying to step up their game. They ARE a good company and have done a good job, even though they were slow for me. i'm sure they want to be known as a great title company. Maybe they never really understood before that it means A LOT to DVCers to get their contracts and paperwork FAST. If so, then this thread has probably helped them a lot.
I spoke to my broker when she told me who the title company was. When I told her my concerns she told me they had a meeting 2 weeks ago, which is now 3 she told me they had a conversation with them and that they had indeed stepped up their game.

That's on Disney not the title company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter