First Adult Only Trip

cwalczak94

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm currently planning a trip for my boyfriend and I to go to Disney World in sept! We are staying at POP!, have park hoppers and just have the quick service dining plan. He's never been before and I haven't been in quite a few years. We are both in our mid-twenties and just looking for some fun things to do that I may not have heard of or done before!

Any tips or ideas are welcome! :)

Can't really help you with advice about the dinning plan, but doing a monorail crawl to different resort bars is pretty fun.

I always recommend doing things you never had time to do on a family trip, like watching some of the shows around world showcase like British Revolution or the amazing drum show in Japan, or riding the main street vehicles or watching the Dapper Dans or the Trolley show. Just little things like that that you may have passed over on previous trips due to wanting to rush to one ride or another. Hope you guys have a great time!!!

• Paradiso 37 Entertainment
  • House of Blues
  • Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
  • Tours
  • better restaurants like the California Grill Victoria & Alberts
  • Carriage rides around the beautiful Walt Disney World resorts
  • Characters in Flight – a helium balloon ride that takes you 400 feet up in the air
  • Bowling
  • Miniature golf
  • A movie at the AMC theaters
  • Take advantage of sleeping in and using magic hours for the evening when the parks are less crowded
  • Drink around Epcot

Chill and enjoy doing the things that you want to do - no pressure, no fuss, no arguments - just have a great relaxed time.

There are so many fun, adult only activities in the Disney World resort!!! My husband and I go often, and we always have so much fun. Here are some ideas (some are repeated from above, but I include them if I really love them on our adult-only trips):
* First of all, while this may seem obvious, do what you want at the speed you want. Some people love fast-paced, ride-intensive trips, and others like taking it slow, and enjoy a lot of sitting and people watching, and spend time enjoying the pool. Since it is just the two of you, you have the luxury of doing the trip the way you want! My husband and I love sitting on a bench with an adult beverage, just watching people. We also are really social, so we like going to a lounge when it is really hot, and enjoy talking to the folks around the bar...;
* A mini splurge we LOVE is Savor, Sip, and Sparkle: Celebration at the Top at Contemporary on Sunday nights and some Saturday nights - you get unlimited appetizers and desserts, and a mostly open bar;
* We have always had a blast, meeting tons of fun people, doing Drink Around the World Showcase, Showcase Snacking, Monorail Drink-a-Thon (have a beverage/snack at each monorail resort, including the "extra credit" ones that are accessible by boat), and/or Sippin' and Snackin' in the Springs. We found a company online that makes really great personalized passports that make it like a game for Funatics like us. We usually take it slow, sharing beverages, snacking a bunch, and sometimes taking multiple days to finish an excursion. You can find them by googling some of the key words in this post (or send me a private message :-) ). Definitely take the time, if you do Drink Around the World Showcase, to watch entertainment as you stroll from country to country. It is also fun to take a photo in the various countries, enjoying your drinks (my profile picture is our groups Drink Around The World Showcase stop in America, wearing our passports);
* We do love Jellyrolls - we usually go on an evening when we went to Epcot for dinner so we can just walk over afterwards, and then we uber home;
* If you want a fun, active splurge, the Segway tour at Fort Wilderness is really fun;
* You will be there during the Food & Wine festival at Epcot, one of our favorite times to go! Get the list of special events, and do a class, seminar, or event. We have LOVED the tequila lunch at La Hacienda (we have gone five times) - once we met a couple that to this day are great friends! The really amazing event - but really pricey - is Party for the Senses, where you get to try snacks and drinks from like 50 different stations;
* Plan a romantic dinner at one of the signature restaurants - we really like Narcoossee's or California Grill (if you DON'T do Savor, Sip, and Sparkle) because the view at both is nice, and if you plan around the fireworks, you can watch them from the restaurant (you go out on the deck at Narcoossee's);
* A big splurge, but super romantic and unique, is to do a fireworks cruise. They take you out on the water, give you a tour around the waterway, and then park to watch the fireworks with the music piped in.

Have fun - I look forward to hearing what events you choose! :-)

Agree with everything above! You'll want to go, go, go when you first get there because it's exciting, but also make sure to take your time and relax! You don't have any kids to rush you anywhere, so take your time! World Showcase is always a favorite to do this and roam the shops, EAT and DRINK! Take advantage of your snacks! Go to other resorts to explore or maybe splurge on a dinner. Our favorite is jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Can't top what disneyaholic23 said, especially monorail crawl and drink around the world, but a few things I'll add:

We love shopping around world showcase. Of course my wife loves it, but I like getting snacks and candy from all the different countries, and sake from Japan. The tequila bar at the Mexican pavilion is great. We love eating lunch at either the pastry shop in France or anywhere in Morocco.

Renting a sea raycer is fun if you don't own a boat, and gives you great views you can't get anywhere else.

One of my all time favorites is to go to the AKL in the evening, look at the African artifacts on each floor, view the animals via the night vision goggles, and then drink and have snacks at Victoria Falls.

Your trip is coming up! Curious about what you decided to do?
We got a reservation for Be our Guest for lunch, we are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and we decided to do the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour so we can get all the big rides in all at once! We figured if we do the party and the tour then we can really focus on just enjoying the parks the rest of the time. I am very excited to try a bunch of food at the Food and Wine Festival and we did score a fast pass for Flight of Passage so I'm counting down to that alone! I am such a big kid at heart so while I'm so excited to do the adult things like drink around the world (which we absolutely will!) I'm also so excited for the rides and to run around like a little psycho. :-)

Thank you for all the ideas!! When we are planning for the day I will definitely check back here for some fun things to do!

My wife and have been going to WDW for a number of years and we're always looking for new 'just us' things to try. We've been lucky enough to do a lot of the ones suggested here, but there are a few ideas new to us.

cwalczak94 Have a great trip - and give some of these a try ::MickeyMo

Last edited:
Sincere thank you to everyone for the ideas for our trip! We had such a fun time on while we were there, that we decided thats where we want to get married since we got engaged just a few weeks before our trip! Now planning has started for trip #2 which will also be our wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!