First 3 Rides

buyerbrad

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

My family of 4 (2 kids ages 7 & 9) will be spending 1 day at Disneyland Paris on May, 26. According to the calendar (and the prices) this is a low crowd day. We will not have early entry, so I am looking for advice on what 3 rides we should attempt first. From my research, not all rides are open during early entry, so is there a ride we should head to first at 9:30am? For example, at Magic Kingdom in Florida, we would always head to Big Thunder/Splash/Jungle Cruise/Pirates/Aladdin.

Question 1: Will you do both parks or just Disneyland Park?
Question 2: Will (thrill) rides be the focus point of your trip?

If you have 1 day and just at Disneyland Park:
- Big Thunder Mountain first for sure
- Next option 1: Stay in the area and do Phantom Manor, Pirates, Indiana Jones.
- Next option 2: Cross over to the other side to Space Mountain. Space Mountain sometimes has the single riders' line open. Then do Star Tours or Buzz, depending on what your group likes.
(I always skip Star Tours, so I actually do not know how long these lines are ;-) )

Longest lines are:
Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear.
For Character Meet & Greets, Princess Pavilion and Mickey are always busy.

If you are used to the US Disney parks, I would say Peter Pan is more similar to the US equivalents than Buzz Lightyear. If you have to chose between these two pick Buzz.

Pirates and Phantom can be busy, but because their lines move quite quickly it doesn't feel as bad. Lines at Meet Mickey and the Princess Pavillion can be horrendously slow. So is Autopia. Getting on can take a while, but the most time consuming is the unloading.

Indiana Jones is tucked away in a hidden corner and has a high height requirement, therefore also not too busy.

These are the first things that come to mind.

Thanks for your reply!

We will just be doing the main park. Our plan is to go from open to close, 9:30am to 11pm.

My one daughter is just over 48 inches, so it looks like she is too short for Indy. She wouldn’t do Space Mountain (or Tron) in March at Magic Kingdom, but a few days later did Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

It sounds like Big Thunder, Phantom Manor and Pirates should be our first 3 then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter