Fireworks party price increase

With HEA being projections it is more of a value having the garden view. Someone stated a cm talked about changing the menu so maybe the increase will be worth it.

With HEA being projections it is more of a value having the garden view. Someone stated a cm talked about changing the menu so maybe the increase will be worth it.

Unless people are going to get a full meal instead of cake and strawberries, there is no possible way any “party” can be “worth it.”

Unless people are going to get a full meal instead of cake and strawberries, there is no possible way any “party” can be “worth it.”
For a family that have issue with being in huge amounts of people this party is a life saver. My father cant handle being packed in close to others and has never seen any fireworks show in disney befor because he wants to skip the crowds. This year we booked the party so we can go to the garden plaza and enjoy the show. I will not even be eating much if any dessert and I find it worth it.

For a family that have issue with being in huge amounts of people this party is a life saver. My father cant handle being packed in close to others and has never seen any fireworks show in disney befor because he wants to skip the crowds. This year we booked the party so we can go to the garden plaza and enjoy the show. I will not even be eating much if any dessert and I find it worth it.

As long as it doesn’t impact the regular admission paying guests, I have no problem with Disney making extra money on upcharge events.

The problem with making this garden area only for people willing to pay a ridiculous price to use it is that it takes away space that regular guests should be entitled to.

Make standing in that space a FP+, tier it if need be, but removing it from use for guests unable or unwilling to spend an extra $80 a head plus admission is not good with me.

It's insane they charge almost a full day ticket price per person for a 20 to 30 minute event and a few cupcakes...
THIS!! No matter how many times I’ve looked at doing one of these I just can’t. To pay that much for fireworks views that really aren’t any better than other spots is just too much for me. Plus, I don’t think the desserts are all that great anywhere on Disney property. Other people won’t have to worry about competing with me for one of these tickets. I’ll pass.

As long as it doesn’t impact the regular admission paying guests, I have no problem with Disney making extra money on upcharge events.

The problem with making this garden area only for people willing to pay a ridiculous price to use it is that it takes away space that regular guests should be entitled to.

Make standing in that space a FP+, tier it if need be, but removing it from use for guests unable or unwilling to spend an extra $80 a head plus admission is not good with me.

I wouldn't use the word entitled. People paying $80/head for a party are going to feel entitled too, not to mention, their dessert party happens regardless of whether the fireworks go off or not. So you could pay $80/head for the prime fireworks spot and literally be stuck trying to stuff yourself WITH $80 worth of Disney desserts, lol.

THIS!! No matter how many times I’ve looked at doing one of these I just can’t. To pay that much for fireworks views that really aren’t any better than other spots is just too much for me. Plus, I don’t think the desserts are all that great anywhere on Disney property. Other people won’t have to worry about competing with me for one of these tickets. I’ll pass.

If people will throw money at a solution in Disney, Disney will take their money and give them an option. Hence why we have Halloween parties in the middle of August.

I am so bummed by this. We did the dessert party in December. It was a crowd level 10 night, and it WAS great being sequestered away from the crowds. But we probably ate $5 worth of desserts between the 3 of us. I think the price increase just priced us out.

Disney is making a killing off these dessert parties. And people will continue to pay even when they keep jacking the price up to unreasonable levels. It makes me wonder what is the tipping point when people just won’t do it any more? Is there one?

I don’t see a problem with dessert party people getting their own nice area for fireworks viewing. They paid for it. I have no problem with the fact people pay for this or get preferred viewing. Think about it, that garden area would be super crowded if open to anyone and I don’t think it is really big enough for FP viewing. So I don’t mind that they reserve it for the party folks. But would I pay for it? Nope. More power to those that would.

If people will throw money at a solution in Disney, Disney will take their money and give them an option. Hence why we have Halloween parties in the middle of August.
Is it wrong to have Halloween parties in August? **types this as I stare at Halloween decorations that are up year round at my house**
I have paid for the Halloween parties. They were fun. Glad I did them. Not sure if I would again, but I don’t mind the parties. I do fear though that the popularity of the parties will lead to double ticket days which have already started creeping in...(holiday parties, EMM, after hours, etc).

Disney is making a killing off these dessert parties. And people will continue to pay even when they keep jacking the price up to unreasonable levels. It makes me wonder what is the tipping point when people just won’t do it any more? Is there one?

The tipping point is "what is being out of a crowd worth?" To those that really want the "prime spot" with less crowding, they'll book it with no regrets, no matter what the cost.

Is it wrong to have Halloween parties in August? **types this as I stare at Halloween decorations that are up year round at my house**
I have paid for the Halloween parties. They were fun. Glad I did them. Not sure if I would again, but I don’t mind the parties. I do fear though that the popularity of the parties will lead to double ticket days which have already started creeping in...(holiday parties, EMM, after hours, etc).

I've said my end about this on other threads, but yes, I don't agree with Halloween parties in mid-August. Many see it as a chance they wouldn't normally get because of kids and school. Keep them starting in September, it's at least "seasonally" right at that point with Labor Day being the unofficial end to summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!