Fireworks Dessert Parties and Rain

GPC0321

DIS Veteran
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I want peace of mind. IF the show were to get canceled due to a thunderstorm, would they offer dessert party people the chance to attend another party on another night?

Following.

But

I don't see how they could.

I think they just move the dessert party inside (if it's an outside event) and you miss the show. The dessert parties are usually sold out, so how could they accommodate Tuesdays party goers (example) on Wednesday? Even if they spread it out.... some Wednesday, Thurs, Fri.....not sure it can be done. And most people are only there about a week.

Honestly, I think they rarely cancel - it has to be almost hurricane-like. They will delay them, though. So, when the rain has slowed from torrential downpour to heavy, they hurry up and get their 10-15 minute show in.

Having watched the Star Wars fireworks in the pouring rain after a dessert party and having enjoyed the MK dessert party after which the fireworks were canceled, I can say they view the parties as separate purchases from the events you view. There are no refunds, in other words, and I've never heard of anyone being able to change dates.

It is pretty rare that they cancel the fireworks completely. They often delay until there is a weather opening. If you're looking at an indoor dessert party, I think it would be a really nice way to wait out a delay (I have never done a dessert party but have waited out rain delays in Mexico with 1000 of my Disney friends).

I can only speak to the non MK dessert parties, but I assume it's the same at MK. The party portion will take place no matter what. The dessert parties at Epcot and DHS are moved indoors if it's raining or too cold. If the show is eventually canceled, a rain check just for the viewing of the show on another night is offered. You must let the party Leader know.

Last time we did the Star Wars DP, it was inside also. It would probably still take place if it is raining outside.
I have done the MK DP several times - it was raining once, the party still happened.
Then they let us wait under the Terrace until the show started, eventually.
This was before there was am after party...

Last time we did the Star Wars DP, it was inside also. It would probably still take place if it is raining outside.
This version always takes place indoors and I guarantee that it will take place regardless of the weather.

The dessert parties happen rain or shine. And as someone pointed out, it's a very, very rare occurrence for Disney to cancel fireworks at WDW because of weather.

We've done two MK dessert parties during rain. They have a specific "rain" set-up on the terrace for inclement weather. It was quite nice to be sitting on the terrace under a roof enjoying desserts while it was pouring! On both occasions, the rain cleared before the shows started and didn't impede on our experience at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter