Finding nemo:the musical

we watched this show years ago and actively disliked everything about it....

First recollections include-

The terribly uncomfortable seating
The length of the show
Being able to see the 'hidden' artistes on the stage

So; do we give it another try?
Do others enjoy?

We think it's a very well done show and it's a don't miss for us. If you don't like it, fine, use your time for something that you enjoy - no need to try to tear it down for others. It's usually plenty crowded. There are plenty that enjoy the artistry of the show.

We think it's a very well done show and it's a don't miss for us. If you don't like it, fine, use your time for something that you enjoy - no need to try to tear it down for others. It's usually plenty crowded. There are plenty that enjoy the artistry of the show.

I am not trying to tear it down for others.

I do find the comments about the seating being uncomfortable curious.
Do those who find it bad think FotLK or (old) FoW seating better? or F!?
Honestly, they are all the same to me. At least Nemo seats have backs.

Seriously, I have no clue why I found the seats so uncomfortable, but it was torture for me. I have had no issues with any of the other seating at WDW or DL, maybe because it has a back I couldn't slouch or stretch as much, there really doesn't seem to be any reason it should be more uncomfortable than any other similar seating, but for me it really was, maybe it's another one of life's great mysteries of getting older.

Seriously, I have no clue why I found the seats so uncomfortable, but it was torture for me. I have had no issues with any of the other seating at WDW or DL, maybe because it has a back I couldn't slouch or stretch as much, there really doesn't seem to be any reason it should be more uncomfortable than any other similar seating, but for me it really was, maybe it's another one of life's great mysteries of getting older.

The seating in the Nemo theater is different than in any other theater at WDW.
They have seat-backs that are made of rows of individual (approx.) 1-inch slats, and because of that they can feel rather "sharp-edged" as they push into guests' ribs and spines.
These are the same seats as they had in this venue for "Tarzan Rocks."

Last edited:

These are the same seats as they had in this venue for "Tarzan Rocks."

Tarzan was an outdoor show so even though it is now an enclosed theatre, it still contains stadium style seating.

To each their own, but I loved the Tarzan show. I think it was about 900 times better than Nemo. Tarzan was the hottest performer at WDW, and my husband thought Jane was pretty hot too. Plus Terk was a load of fun.

Last edited:
We got a FP for Nemo and have never seen it before. I’m excited to see it for the first time and there haven’t been any FPs for it for awhile now. I was very surprised that they were all gone for this show.

I am with you 100%. While I am never going to sit here and proclaim that sitting in the theater is like reclining in a Lazy-Boy, I have never noticed that the Nemo Theater seats are any worse than Bear Jamboree, FoTLK, Beauty and the Beast, or numerous other venues.
I agree. Not comfortable, but similar to many other venues.

I, for one, LOVE this show. The performers are definitely meant to be seen-- they have costumes and make up on. I thought the singing and the production overall were fantastic! When all of the sea creatures come out at the end... so cool. It's a great break from the heat too. It's not a "must do" for us. We don't do it every trip, in part because it's hard to work in sometimes due to limited showings.

My family prefers FotLK, but I like Nemo better.

I agree. Not comfortable, but similar to many other venues.

I, for one, LOVE this show. The performers are definitely meant to be seen-- they have costumes and make up on. I thought the singing and the production overall were fantastic! When all of the sea creatures come out at the end... so cool. It's a great break from the heat too. It's not a "must do" for us. We don't do it every trip, in part because it's hard to work in sometimes due to limited showings.

My family prefers FotLK, but I like Nemo better.
Dh didn’t like fotlk last time so I’m hoping he will like Nemo better. Our niece hasn’t seen either so it’ll be interesting to see which she likes better.

Dh didn’t like fotlk last time so I’m hoping he will like Nemo better. Our niece hasn’t seen either so it’ll be interesting to see which she likes better.

This is kind of off topic, but didn't the gymnasts in the FotLK show used to do a LOT of tumbling? When we went last summer, it seemed like the gymnastics portion was largely cut out. The time before that would have been 2015? Or maybe 2013? I think maybe the theater was being moved in 2015 and we didn't get to see the show that trip.
My son used to do competitive gymnastics, and I used to tell him that he needed to get a job in that show, so I could come visit him at Disney.

This is kind of off topic, but didn't the gymnasts in the FotLK show used to do a LOT of tumbling? When we went last summer, it seemed like the gymnastics portion was largely cut out. The time before that would have been 2015? Or maybe 2013? I think maybe the theater was being moved in 2015 and we didn't get to see the show that trip.
My son used to do competitive gymnastics, and I used to tell him that he needed to get a job in that show, so I could come visit him at Disney.

The Tumble Monkey routines remain about the same (and same length) as always.

EDIT: To save confusion, the show production, itself, has not reduced the Tumble Monkeys as an intentional show alteration.
But, temporarily, the Tumble Monkeys' section is/was cut down due to
an injury or staffing issue.
AFAIK, the Tumble Monkeys section of the show has been (or should be soon) restored to its normal length.

Last edited:
I didn't like it at all the first time I saw it. We did see it again our last trip because my husband likes it and I disliked it less. I don't know if it was because I was hot and tired and I welcomed the seat and AC or because my expectations were lower, but it wasn't as bad.

I didn't like it at all the first time I saw it. We did see it again our last trip because my husband likes it and I disliked it less. I don't know if it was because I was hot and tired and I welcomed the seat and AC or because my expectations were lower, but it wasn't as bad.

Thanks for this-interesting.

I am not a show girl, but I LOVE Nemo. Get kind of verklempt every time I hear the melody for "That's my Dad..." LOL!! Kind of shocked at all of the dislike! I do agree the seats are the pits, though.

This is kind of off topic, but didn't the gymnasts in the FotLK show used to do a LOT of tumbling?

The Tumble Monkey routines remain about the same (and same length) as always.

I saw the show in both Aug & Sept of '17 and yes, the Tumblemonkey routine was largely cut. It was a minimal amount of floor versus the normal extended trampoline & trapeze. My understanding is that one of the monkeys had suffered an injury that took a while to heal, and the routine was unsafe without all of the monkeys present. (Some shows had the full team, others did not, and we drew the short straw... twice.)

I sure hope they're back into the swing of things now!

we watched this show years ago and actively disliked everything about it....

First recollections include-

The terribly uncomfortable seating
The length of the show
Being able to see the 'hidden' artistes on the stage

So; do we give it another try?
Do others enjoy?

Well, you already saw it once and didn't like it. So, definitely don't give up anything to see it again. But, if you have the time, and are inclined to give it a second chance... then why not?

That said...

We don't find the seating uncomfortable at all. If anything, I find the Lion King seating worse... but the show's so good I quickly forget about any discomfort I'm feeling.

We don't find the show particularly long, though the wait for it to start can sometimes drag because there's nothing to look at. (Nemo used to appear in the bubbles around the stage, but he seems to be on vacation lately.)

The performers are meant to be seen, though I can understand the confusion if this is not a familiar style of performance. There's two traditional styles of puppetry... one where the puppeteer is intended to be invisible, so either they're hidden behind the scenery or they wear black bodysuits. The other is a style in which the puppeteer is intended to be seen - they'll be dressed in bright costumes, matching their characters, and will be right out in the open. They also act, in addition to operating the puppets - using body language and expression to enhance the performance. The Lion King on Broadway was done in the second style, and Nemo is in the same tradition.

1424394277613.jpg

nemo32.jpg

So... do you give it another try? Only if you want to.

Do others enjoy? Obviously! :laughing: We enjoy the show very much. That doesn't make you wrong, if you don't enjoy it, though. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

There's two traditional styles of puppetry... one where the puppeteer is intended to be invisible, so either they're hidden behind the scenery or they wear black bodysuits. The other is a style in which the puppeteer is intended to be seen... The Lion King on Broadway was done in the second style, and Nemo is in the same tradition.

1424394277613.jpg

And, another famous Broadway show.

avenue_q-logo-tony.jpg

(Tony winner for "Best Musical" that year. It won over WICKED, for some inexplicable reason.)
And Avenue Q was written by the same writer (Robert Lopez) as Finding Nemo the Musical (and Disney's ubiquitous Frozen!)

AQ9.jpg

AQ7.jpg

AQ6.jpg

2004_06_aveqtony.jpg

Last edited:
I love Nemo the Musical. Being able to watch both the character and the puppeteer is unique. I remember numerous years watching my boys grow up on Disney trips. Nemo is the story of learning to let them go. "Well you never really know, but you got to let them go...you know?....Just Go With the Flow...." is a theme song we played many
Saturday mornings to get us through some tough winters, school projects and hard times. It is a must do for me.

I did not enjoy it much at first but I wasn't much a fan of Nemo.

The second time I saw it, I began to appreciate the presentation and I can honestly say I've fallen in love with it.

"Together....we swim together!"

And, another famous Broadway show.

avenue_q-logo-tony.jpg

(Tony winner for "Best Musical" that year. It won over WICKED, for some inexplicable reason.)
And Avenue Q was written by the same writer (Robert Lopez) as Finding Nemo the Musical (and Disney's ubiquitous Frozen!)

AQ9.jpg

AQ7.jpg

AQ6.jpg

2004_06_aveqtony.jpg

Robo - living in NYC, and seeing both of these shows numerous times --- the reason why Avenue Q won is because it was basically a critics darling --- while "Wicked" received glowing notices for both leads, Menzel and Chenoweth, in general, it received generally mixed reviews- ( I happen to love it, and it will run forever, but the critics didn't give it raves)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!