Finding nemo:the musical

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by married2mm, Jan 13, 2018.

1. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

we watched this show years ago and actively disliked everything about it....

First recollections include-

The terribly uncomfortable seating
    The length of the show
    Being able to see the 'hidden' artistes on the stage

So; do we give it another try?
    Do others enjoy?

2. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 Sad, strange little man to the gullible.

It hasn’t changed, and plenty of others enjoy it. Obviously up to you.

BarbieGal457 and HopperFan like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

I hated it. I like mostly everything at WDW, but I thought that show was awful. The theatre having air-conditioning was its only redeeming quality.

5. Amelia :)

Amelia :) DIS Veteran

Time at WDW is way too precious to waste on things you already know you don’t like.

6. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

DH and I hadn't done this show since 2009 so we decided to give it a try earlier this year, and all that I can say is that my back was killing me for the rest of the day (ROL later that night didn't help either). I don't usually have an issue with seating and being uncomfortable, but the seating in that theater was not kind to my back, we won't be going back anytime soon.

7. Magic_Man

Magic_Man Enjoying the Magic Since 1972

I don't think that there is any attempt to "hide" the performers.
    We enjoy the quality of the singing and the afternoon break in the AC. Is it Disney's best show? No. Those would be Hunchback at DHS and Aladdin at Disneyland. But it's worth the time to sit, relax and cool off.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

As others have noted, nothing has changed with that show. If you didn't like it then, you're probably not going to like it now unless your preferences have changed.

9. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

OP based on your post, I would suggest that you skip it, since it's the same show you disliked the first time. We have seen the show a handful of times and like it, we like the giant puppets and the singing, one of the shows the guy playing crush had a great voice. Seats reminded me of stadium seats and we had no issues with them. As Magic_Man mentioned, the show is not trying to hide the performers.

10. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Not that is going to make you like it but the performers are not supposed to be hidden. They are supposed to be seen

We love the show and applaud the creativity. If it's not for you I say don't go back

11. anomamatt

anomamatt DIS Veteran

We thought it was great... All the issues that the OP had, I didn't encounter: seats seemed fine, length OK (glad it wasn't longer though), and I liked how they did the puppets and though it was creative...

But if you don't like it, don't spend the time there. Plenty of other stuff to do/see...

12. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

This.

I love it and am so sad it's going to be closed when I'm there over Presidents' Week. :(

But if you don't like it, don't torture yourself.

13. Clawdius

Clawdius Earning My Ears

I really like it! I have the CD of the show and listen to it and sing along sometimes. I actually like the show better than the movie!

14. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

I really liked it the first time. It was neat to see the performers handle being puppeteers and live musical theater performers at the same time. I thought a lot of the puppets were really cool too. As you say, very creative.

Unfortunately for me, it doesn’t hold up well. After 3 viewings in three trips I really need a break from it. OP, I agree with others that there’s no reason to go if you didn’t like it.

15. kenthanson

kenthanson Mouseketeer

I love it myself, seen it 3 times.

16. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

Skip it. Worst show on property.

17. buyerbrad

buyerbrad Mouseketeer

Watch it on Youtube and decide.

18. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

I only see it if I have done everything at AK and time to kill. I’m more of a “show” person at Disney Theme Parks. I would rather see two showings of Festival of the
    Lion King than see the Nemo Musical. I do say that the Nemo Musical is very creative and done well. I don’t like every song in that musical, but I like a few of the songs.

Like others have said...OP...It’s really up to you to decide if you want to devote the time to see it.

19. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Go back and give it a try. Maybe you'll appreciate it better now. As others have said, it isn't a mistake that the puppeteers can be seen - it's a wonderful part of the show.

epcotty, AnnaKat and Dug720 like this.
  20. Cindylieu

Cindylieu Mouseketeer

I really liked that show and look forward to seeing it again this summer. To each his own. If you don’t like it, skip it. One extra seat for my group.

21. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I do agree, while we like and enjoy the show it is not one we see every trip. I won't ever hold a candle to Lion King.

We go often and I actually find that skipping some shows every few trips makes us appreciate them more the next time. There's not much we see every trip

mco65 likes this.