Finding my running groove (Comments Welcome)

r2d2_runner

Earning My Ears
Nice race recap! This race is pretty close to me so I might run it sometime. It's great that they give finisher medals - not many 5k's near me seem to do that.

I felt great the whole race, but then I was super nauseous after finishing. We headed down a side street to stretch and I thought I was going to throw up.
I always feel like that after finishing a 5k. I seem to do better if I can keep moving after the race. My theory is that when my heart-rate is high, but I stop right after the race, it takes some time for my heart-rate to settle down and if I don't channel that into movement of some kind, it makes me feel icky.

• Jules76126

Practically Perfect in Every Way
    Nice race recap! This race is pretty close to me so I might run it sometime. It's great that they give finisher medals - not many 5k's near me seem to do that.
    I am all about the bling so I try and find races that offer something. My husband likes to tell people I only run races for the swag. He is not into it as much.

Jules76126

Countdown to Rockfest Half Marathon -

My hopefully first half marathon is in 14 weeks and I have zero training going on. So a little backstory - I signed up for this marathon a long time ago. I had always planned on doing seacoast for my first half and had Rockfest on my radar as a potential. However, I wanted to run one half before signing up for another. But then in February, they released a great coupon code and I am all for saving money when possible so I bit the bullet and signed up. Fast forward to now and this is going to be my first half. I hear that it is a fast course as it is mainly flat although the weather can be very hit or miss.

So I am not looking forward to training during the summer. Summer has finally arrived here in NE and it was very humid on Saturday. It was a T+D of 145. It hasn't really been that humid so my first run in summer weather was torture. Plus this week our highs are all in the high 80s so I better get used to it. I run after work usually around 7:00 PM so at least the sun has started to go down. I just need to get better about getting up on the weekends to run in the morning. I did try out my new goodr and I do really like them.

So I am not really sure what I am going to do for training. My schedule is all over the place for the summer as I have some scheduled time off and some travel so I just need to make it work. I am thinking I am rework the plan that I was using for my last half, but I am not sure. The heat is making me feel very unmotivated so I need to get back into a routine soon.

Jules76126

This summer has definitely been a struggle when it comes to running. I thought I would have more motivation after my 5k in June but the opposite seems to have happened. For one thing it has been a very hot and humid season in New England. This has made going out for runs not the most appetizing. I feel so slow and sluggish whenever I go out and just not into it.

I did spend four days in Chicago last week for a work conference. It was my first time to the Windy City. The weather was warm but otherwise gorgeous. I was able to see some of the sites as my hotel was right downtown. I took advantage of the one free day I had to get out and explore. I also feel like I ate my way through the city. One thing that I know will not be a popular opinion was I did not care for deep dish pizza. I think my experience was marred by the fact that the restaurant lost my order and then gave me the wrong pizza after 2 hours of waiting. I would definitely be willing to give it another try on a future visit. And I definitely want to return to the Windy City again on a fun trip. I did drag myself out of bed early and get some treadmill runs in so I felt good about that. But since coming home I have been so unmotivated.

I have 11 weeks until my half and I am just not sure it is going to happen. This weekend the high on Saturday is supposed to be 97 which is unheard of here. I am going to try and get out and run early this weekend and get my mojo back. Wish me luck!

Some photos from Chicago -
    0C668951-1C46-4B0B-B9F4-FF69F9460AFF.jpeg

5CEF418E-561C-425A-B7B4-A3AF0E170FE5.jpeg

90AE3113-4976-44AA-8461-D9696D82B824.jpeg

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates