• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Financial restructuring of Euro Disney SCA

AGlossop

Earning My Ears
I haven't found a thread on the recent restructuring deal.

Info here:

http://www.eurodisney.com/data/193.pdf

http://www.eurodisney.com/data/195.pdf

Not sure of this is great news or terrible news. Could be either I guess, but I'm being hopeful. Sounds like with cash available they will go ahead with new rides and generally improving the resort.

Anyone know more about this?

I'm thinking of getting some shares, so I get the shareholders club benefits. My question is, should I get shares now or wait for the new share issue.

I will have to wait until they send what happened at the annual meeting but they have already said they are going to be building 3 new rides, 2 for the studios & 1 for the main park. All of which will hopefully be completed in 2008. I personally would buy the shares now whilst they are cheap. I think they are trading at about 14 pence each.

Nikki:)

I bought some recently and paid 18p each! If they are now trading at 14p GO FOR IT!!!:) If they do drop any further, you are only talking pence.
I very nearly bought some shares when they were first issued before the park opened, the reason I didn't was because the minimum investment was quite high, I think it was minimum of £750, can't really remember, it may have been even higher. I am SOOOOO glad that I didn't!
At 18p a share, it won't take long for me to recoup the investment with the discount on meals and in the shops. And as we are planning on visiting twice next year, we will buy Annual Passes and get 15% off them.

BTW, Nikki, how did your recent day trip go? I hope you had a lovely time.

Elaine

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I've been thinking of buying shares - any suggestions how I go about it? I contacted a local bank for advice but they were less than helpful when they realised I didn't want a massive amount.

Just in addition to the above, how many shares do you need to qualify for any discounts? I'm not able to get to DLP on an annual basis - disabled, so travelling is difficult and expensive for me - but I am predominately thinking of discounts applicable in the Disney shops etc.

All advice gratefully received.

I registered with www.comdirect.co.uk as bank wanted £25 fee to buy shares. They were only £7.50 when I did it.
I had to phone their line as I couldn't buy non UK share online.
Ten minutes later I had purchased shares.

Regards
Reid

That's really cheap, Reid. I bought mine through Nationwide who were cheaper than Barclays, Lloyds and Nat West but I think the charges still came to about £20 by the time VAT etc was added.

Elaine

I'll give them a try and see what happens. Thanks all

Hi Cyrano,

What do you supply to Eurodisney from Comdirect in order to quality for the Shareholders Club (feeling a bit dim)?.

Thanks

I printed a copy of the contract when shares were bought and filled out membership application.

Took about 5 weeks for card to come through.

Reid

Apologies if this has been already answered but this is the first I've heard of this Shareholders Club. I've looked at the web site and am interesting in becoming a member. Re the breakfast each morning at Salon Mickey - is this free to Club members?

Also am I right in thinking that if you book over the phone direct with Disney, you phone a Club members line and then get a discount off of the cost of hotel and park tickets?

When you renew your membership after 2 years, is there no charge if you still have minimum of 350 shares.

I'm sure this is all obvious but I'm just double checking!

Yes breakfast is free for shareholder and a number of guests/family.

There is a direct number to call for shareholders, although I've not yet tried it.

You have to provide proof that you still own shares, but my understanding is that 350+ shares membership would still be free.

Hope this helps :)

Reid

Thanks ever so much. Just one more question - do all adults need to be a member? Ie when making a booking would discount apply to just one adult's fee or total amount of booking re hotel and park tickets? At the moment my children are free anyway.

Hi, Joanne, when you go in Salon Mickey you can take four guests who are immediate family OR three guests who are not (ie. friends). Re booking, you can book up to 3 rooms per visit and buy up to 10 tickets per visit. I guess you would only need more than one adult to be a member if you have more than 3 children or are travelling with grandparents etc. If you want to know anything that we can't answer here, email them at the "contact thingy" on the shareholders website, I did several times and they are REALLY helpful.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter