Financial Planning Spinoff: Knowing What You Know Now, Would You...

I went to school 100% on Federal Grants. I completed a AS in Business - Accounting. And have worked in the field ever since.

I was very fortunate--the school I wanted to go to was also the most expensive, but had great financial aid. It cost me less to go there than it did to go to my local university. After 4 years I walked out owing a total of $1500.

I probably would've majored in something else, but otherwise, yes, I'd make the same choice of school again.

No regrets. Both my husband and I graduated from a private university with student loans, but it was still a great experience and decision. I left school with much more work experience than most graduates in my field due to the university's requirements, and got a fantastic job, that I still have, and was able to go to grad school with 96% tuition reimbursement. My husband also got a fantastic job out of college and goes back to our university with both his former and current company as a technical recruiter. My husband's student loans should be paid of this year and then we can be more aggressive paying down mine.

I would likely do some things differently. Like others have said I went to college after high school because it was just what was done. That part I would not change. School was the right place for me.

Like another said I was not aware of the costs and the difference between the available options. As a salutatorian I was offered a full scholarship to University of Tennessee. And I was offered some scholarship to Christian Brothers University. Being young and not ready to leave home / high school, I got student loans and went to CBU and lived at home. I got a Bachelors in Business.

I would have been better off going to Memphis State but the idea of freshman class sizes in the 100s was too much to even think about. CBU had regular class sizes of 20-40.

If I had it to do all over again then I would have gone off to college at UT and lived in the dorm. It would have been a strong growth opportunity that I probably needed at the time.

I graduated high school almost 30yrs ago. I have grown up a lot over those years but I can't help but wonder if that could have happened quicker / gone smoother if I had moved away from home earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter