*Finally* tracked down 5 CD Classic Disney Set for $32.49!

JonHM

Turn into the spin, Barbie!!!!
:D I'm so psyched! I know a lot of you may have this already, I think it came out about 6 years ago - but we have a one year old now and we're just getting back to our Disney roots ;) and I began searching for the 5 CD Set of Classic Disney for DS's birthday - without much success. Either people didn't have it listed, had it listed as out of print, or only had the first three CDs of the set - but *finally*, I found the full 5 CD set at Amazon.com - for only $32.49 - even with shipping added in, that comes to less than $8 a disc (currently, if you buy the 3 that are still available separately, they go for $15 each), brand new! I have been wanting to post this for a while, but since the website itself had such little in the way of description, I wanted to wait until I received it before telling anyone else, to make sure I was getting what I thought I was.

Well, it came yesterday, and it is *exactly* what I thought it was! Now, it's not really a 'box set' in the traditional sense - All it comes in is a cardboard sleeve, exactly big enough for the five jewel cases - no big box, no big color booklet - just the CDs. But considering how hard it was for me to track those down, I didn't mind that at all! By the way, it *did* take them a few weeks to get it from their distributor, so it took me about 3 weeks to get it - they claim it's an import, but everything is in american english; I don't know where they imported it from... Canada? :) Who knows... Anyway, here are a few links if anyone else is interested in getting these discs:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000055XD7/102-5974961-4636162

And since the store provides so little in the way of description, HERE is an accurate table of contents I cut and pasted together:

http://www.unc.edu/~jhmidler/dvc/cdboxset.html

Hi JonHM
Could you give a 5-10 title sampling of this set? I think I am interested in this for a Chrismtas gift -- I just want to make sure of some of the titles before I splurge! Great info -- thanks!

congratulations John!

Question - which 3 are left? I have volumes 1-3 and am looking for 4 & 5.

any ideas?

TK

JonHM, this is a GREAT discovery! I would love to add this to MouseSavers -- it definitely qualifies as a "bargain"! Would you mind if I give the link to your great list of the tracks? (I'll credit you however you want, of course.)

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I ended up getting mine from Amazon too. At first they said they weren't sure they'd be able to fill the order and gave me the option to cancel it. I'm glad I didn't because it showed up less than a week later!
I had seen this set selling on e-bay for $50! Are people nuts or they just never think to check Amazon?

My DD LOVES it. I hope it will keep us all happy during a long car ride we're taking next month.

A few comments:

MollyBelle - The 2nd link in my original post goes to a *complete* listing of every track on every disk. Please let me know if you can't get to that link for whatever reason.

Mary - Of COURSE, I would be more than happy to have it added to mouse-savers, go ahead and link away. I will be sure to leave the page up on my site - it's very small, so that's no problem. You know what, why don't I e-mail you the html document with the track listings - I think it's 34K. Is there an e-mail address at mousesavers where I can send it to?

tkyes - Unfortunately, the ones I was able to find most places were volumes 1, 2 and 3. Here are a few listings for the import versions of discs 4 and 5, BUT the two discs together wind up costing within several dollars of the whole 5 disc set. May as well buy the complete set again and give the first three away as a gift! :D

Links to discs 4 and 5:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...75233/sr=1-29/ref=sc_m_29/103-1691467-8821444
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...75233/sr=1-31/ref=sc_m_31/103-1691467-8821444

Wow! Thanks for the info! I just went to the Disney store looking for these & they don't carry them any more. They have 2 others, similar, but with fewer & different songs.

I have 1 & 4 already. I love 1 & DS 9 months loves 4! It's the only thing that keeps him quiet in the car. I guess he likes Haley Mills :D DH on the other hand, HATES it, LOL!

I ordered it to give 1 away as a gift & to have an extra copy of 4 for the grandparents (to help calm the little one!)

Wow! Thanks for the info Jon. Since we were placing an order at Amazon.com anyway, the shipping cost isn't even a factor. I only wish there were a few Tarzan songs, but I'm sure once we get the set we'll barely miss them. Thanks for the title listing - it was a big help. :)

Thanks, Jon, I just added this deal to MouseSavers with your whole track list.

I'm sure many Disney fans will be very, very happy!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

We also found all these cds a while back online for a really good price. They are the only cds we have in our car now. And DS (2) can tell what song is coming on within seconds of the start. He is a disney genius! My favorite thing about the cds are the few songs from the park on them like MSEP and the pirate song.

Because they do have to order it from a distributor and don't currently keep it in stock, you may well order it and receive a strange e-mail from them which makes it sound like they won't be able to get it. They tell you that unless you tell them otherwise, they'll cancel the order. But *DO* tell them that you want them to continue to try to get it for you: I think they actually got it back in stock within about a week or so of telling me it might be 4-6 weeks longer. Just FYI, if this happens to you Don't Panic... :)

Duh! I didn't go to the second link the first time I wrote you! Saw the "play list" and it's awesome & perfect -- bought it today for pre-September Disney MOOD MUSIC!! Thanks for a great tip!

and I'm glad you did Qwackertoo! cause you bumped up the message and I've ordered mine.

Thanks everyone!
Cheryl :bounce:

Great find!! Here is a link for $5 off a purchase of $30 or more at amazon:

http://2save247.com/

Click on amazon and it will give you the code. There is also a code for $10 off $50.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter