Finally the moment I have been preparing my entire foodie life for!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TheNotSoEvilQueen, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:05 PM.

1. TheNotSoEvilQueen

TheNotSoEvilQueen Mirror, Mirror, on the wall....

Soooo our five year wedding anniversary is this Friday! Hubby called Victoria and Alberts to see if they had any availability. They did!!!!

I have read some people wear cocktail dresses and others gowns. But my question is what does the majority wear??

For those of you who have been please tell me about your experience.

2. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

What are you thinking? People either go all out or pretty fancy. It is not a casual attire venue

Lehuaann likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. TheNotSoEvilQueen

TheNotSoEvilQueen Mirror, Mirror, on the wall....

I have a fancy black sequined knee length cocktail dress or a few ball gowns. Not sure which direction to go in.

5. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

Our reservation is for December and haven't the possible time restraints you do but am definitely thinking more towards a cocktail dress which would better suit the outfit I've already chosen for the man. The black sequin dress sounds nice:)

6. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

I’ve been fortunate to enjoy several meals at V&A’s over the years. It’s definitely a dress-up occasion! I’ve worn nice dresses or dressy pants suits — what used to be “Sunday clothes” — but not cocktail or formal dresses because they’re simply not in my wardrobe. I think those who wear formal dresses are in the minority.

HTH and that you enjoy your anniversary dinner!

ETA I agree the sequined knee length cocktail dress sounds perfect!

7. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

The 2 times we have been I have worn a black satin skirt with a sequined shell or another fancy shell. However, I like to dress up if I get a chance, because I can wear t-shirts and flip flops to work if I want. Wear what want.

8. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

Agree with the majority re: cocktail dress. My wife and I both enjoy dressing well for dinner if at a Signature or V&A's, and she would definitely do the knee-length sequined outfit. While there are occasionally more formally attired patrons at V&A's, it's infrequent. Still, if you feel like getting decked out for this special occasion, go for it. Have a great time! It's a special experience.

DisDreaming4116 likes this.
  9. ars0525

ars0525 DIS Veteran

The black sequin sounds perfect! This is one of the those places I am dying to go, but can't find anyone who also wants to go

10. CinderellaDream

CinderellaDream Mouseketeer

I wore a knee length black dress for our V&A dinner last year. I don't recall seeing anyone in ball gowns. Most of the ladies had on dress pants or a short cocktail type dress.

Enjoy your experience! It was one of our favorite meals!

11. kiford

kiford DIS Veteran

I've worn either cocktail length nice dresses or floor length dresses. But I've also seen women in there in dress pants and a nice top. I typically now wear cocktail length to V&A simply because we're packing lighter and it takes up less space.

12. DeborahA

DeborahA DIS Veteran

If you enjoy a “foodie” experience, you are in for an treat. Our kids gifted us with a reservation for our 35th Anniversary. It was a fabulous meal.
    I agree with everyone that said a cocktail type length dress is perfect. I wore a black skirt and white dressy blouse. My hubby wore a dark suit and tie. I don’t recall seeing any long gowns at our seating.
    The only negative for us, we had wine pairing with our meal, fortunately we were staying in the main building of the Grand Floridian, otherwise I’m not sure we would have found our way to our room.:tongue:

13. Lehuaann

Lehuaann aloha nui loa

We’ve seen ball gowns and a tux/wedding dress. You can’t go wrong either way. The majority is formal/cocktail, but probably for light packing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 11:48 AM