finally made it to pigeon forge!

Have you tried a chiropractor? A good one is a wonderful tool to keep you moving well.

Congrats Kris (and Bert),

The pictures were beautiful. I doubt I will every get to most of those places. I read about Mt LeConte lodge a few years ago and thought that would be very cool, but Donna was an emphatic H NO! :)

Thanks for bringing us along. I'm exhausted. It was a long week of looking at your 100 miles of pics. :P

j

@2goofycampers i see a physical therapist monthly, but yes people have mentioned a chiropractor, but have not tried it yet.

@Teamubr thanks! We are definitely planning to try and get ressie at Leconte lodge. It is already filled for 2020, so we are targeting 2021.

It has really been beautiful. Am so glad we came up here. I guess if planning better I would have trained more for hiking. I was shocked Bert did better than me (except in waking up early), but he said he had to be better than me at something, so he takes it for hiking. That being said when he would wake up and get out of bed he was not moving as good as me.

So sorry bout your hip. Hope with rest your hip will be better. Loved your pictures & the scenery was beautiful.

We are home. I was very concerned about today. I thought the car would give us problems with the lube pump. Honestly the trip has been a bit challenging but I did my 100 miles and it was gorgeous so going with it. Well the plan was to pull out at 9. It was 10 am and on the road. First problem issues in Knoxville actually took us around the by pass in 640. Not much you can do there was an accident and 640 was faster. Only problem we both needed a bathroom stop.

Once around the accident was moving but no rest area. It was not pretty there was no talking or drinking or eating. Focus was on holding the bladder. Well rest area was at mile 45 but a pilot at 56. We took the pilot. Regardless we will have to stop twice. The pilot at mile 56 was great and the fact that we could pee. After that stop we were able to chat and eat and drink. I was terribly thirsty but was not drinking.

Slow down in Chattanooga but no big deal. Then heading towards atlanta. Storage is north of the city had to get to exit 267. Next gas stop was 296. As we were getting closer to the gas 75 south was shut down. I started freaking out wth is going on. Can you believe this, POTUS and VPOTUS were in atlanta, ugh. Well stopped for gas and that was a debacle, just crowded, lost about 25 minutes to get gas. The good thing is by then south bound had opened up and no issues getting to storage. Told them we would be there about 3 and it was 3:30, I wS secretly hoping we would have been there by 2. Ok so at 4 we pull out of storage, it is normally 30 minutes home no traffic. Google said 46 minutes. Well it was a cluster. We actually did fine driving south on 75. See if you can check out northbound in the pic.

0777A8FF-D18C-4B03-BD97-BF441AD8B0DA.jpeg

Well northbound shut down for POTUS. This meant side streets in the city a cluster. We waited a long time after getting off 75 but pulled into the garage at 4:50. We got everything up and then walked to Whole Foods to get dinner.

Mallory is out.

D6AA2904-D629-4436-A099-8B0C1D9E8F07.jpeg

Time for bed soon and a cold run tomorrow. Hopefully the hip is fine during the run. I had no issues walking around today. We also have a massage scheduled for tomorrow,

Thanks for following along. Next trip is to the fort in January.

Glad you made it back. ATL traffic is bad enough. I can't image shut downs for a motorcade.

Hope the hip resolves with some rest and light activity. I'm still babying mine until they need replacing.

j

@Teamubr i hope to not replace hips or knees but might be destined when I am much older. My dad said the replacement hip and knees were very helpful.

Forgot to mention not one issue with lube pump. Neither one of us spoke of it till the RV was at storage.

See you in January The Rock Star looks good BTW
She is so funny. The entire drive she did not sleep. Not sure if she is nervous but I think it’s beca she can actually see out the windshield, so very little sleeping for her on the drive. After dinner and bandage change, she was down. I went and cuddled with her and she barely moved. Just picked her head up like oh ok come cuddle I am sleeping.

See you in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts