Finally! Connecting studios category at Poly.

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
This is great news. We've needed something other than 1K pionts/night bungalow.

It's an official category on the booking tool.

It's been removed. It also never got to the point of being bookable. It showed on the RAT but couldn't be booked.

The fact that a connecting room wasn't guaranteed was the sole reason we did not add points at Poly when the first contracts came on line. I really hope this does happen, but would DVC be able to remove this later because it wasn't stipulated in the original contracts?

Currently being tested, maybe available for use soon.

:earsboy: Bill
It's a logical move and the structure there shouldn't be too difficult to implement this, since they're formally testing it, I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

The fact that a connecting room wasn't guaranteed was the sole reason we did not add points at Poly when the first contracts came on line. I really hope this does happen, but would DVC be able to remove this later because it wasn't stipulated in the original contracts?

I don’t think booking categories are stipulated in the contracts. They’re under DVC management’s control. When BWV opened there were two booking categories - Standard (same as now) and Preferred (BW & P/G). A Boardwalk view was only a request, just as connecting rooms at Poly is a request. After several years (and probably numerous ugly scenes at the front desk when people found out their request had not been granted) the Preferred category was split into two categories, so a BW view could be booked. It’s the same with Poly - the Standard view category would be split into “single room” and “two connecting rooms” categories.

I don’t think booking categories are stipulated in the contracts. They’re under DVC management’s control. When BWV opened there were two booking categories - Standard (same as now) and Preferred (BW & P/G). A Boardwalk view was only a request, just as connecting rooms at Poly is a request. After several years (and probably numerous ugly scenes at the front desk when people found out their request had not been granted) the Preferred category was split into two categories, so a BW view could be booked. It’s the same with Poly - the Standard view category would be split into “single room” and “two connecting rooms” categories.
Didn't it open with only the one category and the standard was added later. I know the standard wasn't published initially but I don't recall how early it came on board.

Dean is correct, BWV started with just 1 cat, then standard came along as complaints of the view started to come in. Later they 'created' the boardwalk view cat.

Dean is correct, BWV started with just 1 cat, then standard came along as complaints of the view started to come in. Later they 'created' the boardwalk view cat.

Wow, learn something new! I remember the anxiety of waiting for check in to find out whether we had the BW view we had requested and how happy I was when it became a booking category. I don’t think I paid any attention to standard view since we always wanted BW.

Didn't it open with only the one category and the standard was added later. I know the standard wasn't published initially but I don't recall how early it came on board.

I thought I had read that Standard was added while BWV was still selling. Because of that it allowed it to be added and didn't require any reallocations to be done.

I thought I had read that Standard was added while BWV was still selling. Because of that it allowed it to be added and didn't require any reallocations to be done.
While selling but I believe after it opened IIRC. Many believe that the change was built into the original plan but not released right away due to the way the points were laid out. It really doesn't matter because they declare in stages, not reallocation would have been required technically even if they had done one behind the scenes.

If they can offer lock off rooms, they should be able to offer connecting studios if they exist.

If they can offer lock off rooms, they should be able to offer connecting studios if they exist.
As noted, there is only one location where there are connecting studios plus VB with the Inn rooms. It's a little more complicated for studios since they have been keyed in as separate villas unlike a lockoff which is primarily keyed in as a 2 BR. It's just computer work but we all know how that goes with such companies plus it's paid for by the membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter