Films you've rediscovered

Domo

Wotcha
I haven't seen it for ages but I rediscovered...

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

An underdog of a movie, it's atad violent but incredibly funny!

fruity+drinks+galore.jpg

"I asked you for a refreshing drink. Wasn't expecting a ****ing rainforest. You could fall in love with an Orangutan in that!"

I was channel surfing the other night and came across An Officer And A Gentleman, which I haven't watched in years. Great movie--the kind of movie that probably would never get made today because it's not a comic book movie or a blockbuster, but it's just really well done and enjoyable to rediscover.

Ol’ Yeller
Rocky
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

All movies I saw in my youth, but didn’t fully appreciate until rewatching as an adult.

About two months ago I couldn't sleep so I put Castaway on. I thought I had seen it when it came out years ago and didn't like it. Well apparently I never saw it and loved it. I've already seen it a few times now.

One more that I literally just watched...

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!

Completely nuts, so inventive, amazingly stylish... has to be in my top three of all time!

skycap.jpg

Recently saw Beautiful Mind forgot what a good movie. Before it saw the movie on the Indian math genius. Indian genius(Raminiokov) movie not as good though he seems to be a better mathematician.

Million Dollar Legs with W.C Fields. The quality of the print was amazing. The Production values for 1932 were amazing. And the audio was great, and that is amazing since this was made just 6 years after the first movie with sound, the Jazz Singer in 1927.
million-dollar-legs.jpg

My daughter is 17 and I have been happily rediscovering a lot of movies with her. I have been pleasantly surprised how many of the movies I enjoyed when I was younger she has enjoyed watching as well.

Number one on the list has been White Christmas. We watched it 4 times 2 years ago and we watched it 3 times this past Christmas.

Also Easter Parade, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis, and a number of other classic musicals.

Really the only miss has been My Fair Lady. She didn't care for it, and I didn't like it as much as I recall liking it when I was younger.

Most recently it was Ice Castles. Titanic was a hit as well.

Still trying to talk her into Love Story and GWTW, but those are a tougher sell.

My husband and I saw It's a Wonderful Life in the theater this December. It was amazing. I always enjoyed the movie but seeing in on the big screen, it was magical. We have a totally new appreciation for it.

I watched the 90's version of Little Women a few weeks ago. I just love that movie. It's very comforting to me.

My daughter is 17 and I have been happily rediscovering a lot of movies with her. I have been pleasantly surprised how many of the movies I enjoyed when I was younger she has enjoyed watching as well.

Number one on the list has been White Christmas. We watched it 4 times 2 years ago and we watched it 3 times this past Christmas.

Also Easter Parade, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis, and a number of other classic musicals.

Really the only miss has been My Fair Lady. She didn't care for it, and I didn't like it as much as I recall liking it when I was younger.

Most recently it was Ice Castles. Titanic was a hit as well.

Still trying to talk her into Love Story and GWTW, but those are a tougher sell.

I love Meet Me in St. Louis. I have it saved on my DVR. If you haven't tried these with her yet... Singing in the Rain, West Side Story, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Grease, some of the Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland movies.

I saw Holiday Inn (must have been the first time because I didn't remember any of it) last month. So good. Another one that I saw for the first time was Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton. I really enjoyed it, even as long as it was.

I love Meet Me in St. Louis. I have it saved on my DVR. If you haven't tried these with her yet... Singing in the Rain, West Side Story, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Grease, some of the Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland movies.

I saw Holiday Inn (must have been the first time because I didn't remember any of it) last month. So good. Another one that I saw for the first time was Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton. I really enjoyed it, even as long as it was.
Thanks for the suggestions MaryJo! We did see Singing in the Rain, West Side Story and Sound of Music already. All 3 were big hits. I already have Fiddler on our "to watch" list but hadn't considered Grease or the Micky/Judy movies. I watched all of those when I was younger and loved them. Maybe we'll try Garland's "Star is Born" as well. It's been such a treat to revisit all of these with her.

Great idea on Cleopatra. She claims not to like dramas, but maybe I could tell her it was a musical or something. :laughing:

Maybe some of the big splashy Marilyn Monroe movies? 7 year Itch and Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend? We both seem to live those gorgeous 50's movies.

Young Frankenstein. I saw it for the first time and really enjoyed it. A bunch of my friends got cast in the musical, so I can't wait to see that one. I saw Sunset Boulevard a few years ago. It was stunning. I just loved it! I am currently watching Cheers and The Golden Girls. I was way too young to appreciate them when they first came out.

Thanks for the suggestions MaryJo! We did see Singing in the Rain, West Side Story and Sound of Music already. All 3 were big hits. I already have Fiddler on our "to watch" list but hadn't considered Grease or the Micky/Judy movies. I watched all of those when I was younger and loved them. Maybe we'll try Garland's "Star is Born" as well. It's been such a treat to revisit all of these with her.

Great idea on Cleopatra. She claims not to like dramas, but maybe I could tell her it was a musical or something. :laughing:

Maybe some of the big splashy Marilyn Monroe movies? 7 year Itch and Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend? We both seem to live those gorgeous 50's movies.

Hmmm - those old Doris Day movies are a kick, and Debbie Reynolds in Tammy. :) Also, Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn.... oh, and Gigi is another fun one.

Grease is being returned to theaters on April 8th and 11th for the 40th :eek: anniversary.

Hmmm - those old Doris Day movies are a kick, and Debbie Reynolds in Tammy. :) Also, Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn.... oh, and Gigi is another fun one.
I LOVE those old Doris Day movies! I actually have a bunch of them on DVD, so I'll have to dig those out.

My husband and I saw It's a Wonderful Life in the theater this December. It was amazing. I always enjoyed the movie but seeing in on the big screen, it was magical. We have a totally new appreciation for it.

We saw "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle on 34th Street" in theaters a couple years back. It really was so magical.

They've been doing a Christmas revival series every year at our small local theater, so we catch a couple every year. Last year it was Elf (eh). The year before it was Home Alone (for the umpteenth time). It was fun to see it on the big screen again since I first saw it on the big screen when it was newly released. This year it was The Grinch. Each time we saw one of these we commented on how much we'd love to see White Christmas on the big screen..........

Then along comes L&Lfan with this post to make our day........

Yes! TCM is bringing Grease back in theaters in April, South Pacific in August and White Christmas in December. Please go see them.
STOP the presses! White Christmas in theaters? Heck yes! We'll be all over that. Probably more than once. Awesome news! We'll just have to work on training ourselves not to run lines and sing along in public. :laughing: My daughter has been very sick the last 2 days. This is totally going to make her day! :flower1:

I'll try to talk her into South Pacific, but she saw it at school in music class a number of years ago and says she doesn't like it. Sigh. Can't win them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter